Official Pittsburgh Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Thread

7 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I'm not worried about Wilson's knees rather his shoulders. If he stays injury free then he will thrive in that scheme.

what if he plays half the snaps, will it preserve his health?  Queen , Roberts and maybe Holcomb should allow this

8 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I'm not worried about Wilson's knees rather his shoulders. If he stays injury free then he will thrive in that scheme.

At least they aren’t neck injuries. Shoulders are very problematic for ILBs though. 

• Like 1

Queen (4.5) and Wilson (4.4) are the fastest dup of ILBs the team has had in a while. This is if Wilson beats out Elandon Roberts for the starting position. I am not sure that Holcomb will make it back this season.

• Like 2

Ok I am in love with the Peyton Wilson pick now. I didn’t study up on hardly an LBers at all before the draft. 

He is a perfect fit as well. I’m sure Queen will be your every down backer. Roberts on running downs and Wilson for passing downs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Ok I am in love with the Peyton Wilson pick now. I didn’t study up on hardly an LBers at all before the draft. 

He is a perfect fit as well. I’m sure Queen will be your every down backer. Roberts on running downs and Wilson for passing downs. 

Wilson can also get after the QB. I’m super impressed with the draft. I like it better than last years so far, and that’s really saying something.

• Like 1

We have gotten a lot more physical. Two extremely physical, nasty lineman. A WR that brings it every snap. And an ILB that will fly around and hit. I bet you won’t ever see Troy Fuatanu quit like Chuks. I bet we won’t be seeing Roman Wilson whine about not getting the ball enough. We’ve gotten rid of some SOFT guys and replaced them with some beasts. I’m excited to see how this team looks.

• Like 1

I'm not sure who said this earlier but I'm in agreement that I think I like this draft better than last years, and that is a huge statement.  As good as this overall draft class is I never would have thought it would beat the haul last year. I'm excited to see the day 3 picks that will compete for depth.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The only pick I do not like so far is Roman Wilson.  Why get a slot WR if the offense you want to run does not use slot WR?

They got a Steeler, that’s all I know. 

If they want Kristian Boyd, they will have to take him at 119, and that will effectively end their ability to get a solid slot corner in the draft. You could probably get Lovett in the 6th, if you go corner in the 4th. You could possibly get 2 DL and QB Milton, adding a veteran slot corner in free agency now or, more likely, after cut downs. Thoughts?

Two guys that have a good bit of abilty are Jaylon Simpson - S and Nehimiah Pritchett both of Auburn. 

Kris Abrams Draine from that feisty Mizzou defense. 

i do like Mo Kamara this round but it is a lil luxury vs our corner need and no picks in Round 5. Unfortunately we shouldnt chain ourselves to need. If a guy is there that we really covet maybe trade a future pick and or an Olineman. I guess RB & TE could be a trade option if you wanted to chase a Wr in the trade market too.