Official Pittsburgh Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Thread

1 minute ago, armsteeld said:

Selecting Roman Wilson isn't a detriment to CAIII. That being said, Wilson is similar to Diontae Johnson in stature but is way faster. He has varied release packages so it will be fun to see these guys battle for spots.

but doesn't drop passes, lets not forget about that. Is he afraid to block?

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

Just feel like Roman Wilson is a dime a dozen player. What does he do exceptionally well?

I would have gone Javon Baker there. 

The answer to that is...nothing. honestly, what he is, I guess, is a safety net type receiver. A short yardage chain mover, imo, nothing more. Maybe we end up being wrong. This is the first pick by Kahn I don't like.

Edited by VigilantZombie

5 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

The answer to that is...nothing. honestly, what he is, I guess, is a safety net type receiver. A short yardage chain mover, imo, nothing more. Maybe we end up being wrong. This is the first pick by Kahn I don't like.

Sounds like Ryan Switzer. 

7 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Looking forward, who do you all want with #98

Could we double dip in WR this soon?

CB T.J. Tampa 

Safety Jaden Hicks

Safety Dadrion Taylor-Demerson

CB Kris Abrams-Draine 

DJ James prolly the highest ranked CB left right now. 

11 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Just feel like Roman Wilson is a dime a dozen player. What does he do exceptionally well?

I would have gone Javon Baker there. 

He is a jack of all trades, master of none type of player.

I think he is a safe bet to be decent, but doesn't have any wow factors.   The players who have wow factors at this point have red flags in other areas.

Pick your poison, I guess.

Just now, armsteeld said:

Who are you talking of? Wilson has no issues blocking as that offense was run heavy.

Yeah, he is a decent and willing blocker, despite being somewhat small.   In fact, thats probably a big reason we took him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Yeah, he is a decent and willing blocker, despite being somewhat small.   In fact, thats probably a big reason we took him.

He's actually a really good route runner. He sets his routes up well. I think he's similar to Emmanuel Sanders but tougher.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

He's actually a really good route runner. He sets his routes up well. I think he's similar to Emmanuel Sanders but tougher.

That would be nice. Perhaps the Wolverine playbook held him back. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

tomlin liked wilson, so lets not go after khan about this

10 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Who are you talking of? Wilson has no issues blocking as that offense was run heavy.

dionte was afraid to block, and if wilson is to replace dionte in smiths offence, the run blocking is going to improve. No mor WR that can't catch or block