Titans Draft OT JC Latham

5 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

Nice. He did a good job handling the speed rushs there (only a few plays). I still want to see how he does attacking a quick LB at the second level in run blocking. 

Been watching a bunch of film on this man lately, & I honestly feel more confident in him at LT, than I did with lewan coming out, because I thought he was a RT. He just gave me a super athletic Big Country, David Steward vibe, due to technique wasn’t as sound but could move. With Latham it all will be technique with him, & by that I mean more so mentally than fundamentally. His aggressiveness, is his weakness.
He moves & look slow when he’s guessing, looking for a stunt, trying to recognize a blitz, or he’ll overly commit & get beaten. He’s strong at the point of attack, can move a mountain up a hill, he gets his hands on you, you’re done, & can recover & reset when beaten, plus bend. Footwork he may not be a dancing bear, but he’s a 2 stepping gorilla. Plus he did all that at 360 for saban. We have Trent Williams 2.0 gentleman, or better athletic version of Trent brown, either way it’s a Trent 🤷🏽‍♂️. So yeah

On 4/30/2024 at 8:31 PM, KingTitan said:

Vs.  Projected top 10 pick. A speed rusher. 

any attempt at speed to power got absolutely deleted. that's the most fun thing about latham's tape. dude just utterly disappears guys when they try to go through him. did a nice job with speed around the edge and one (admittedly not very good) inside spin attempt too.

Just listening to him in interviews...there are some dudes where you immediately can tell "he's going to be a good player"...and I feel like that just comes through so overtly and obviously w/ Latham.

Obviously talk/confidence is cheap, but he just seems like a total pro.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Just listening to him in interviews...there are some dudes where you immediately can tell "he's going to be a good player"...and I feel like that just comes through so overtly and obviously w/ Latham.

Obviously talk/confidence is cheap, but he just seems like a total pro.

If he at worst Cam Robinson or just an average NFL Starter, I'm fine. Stability and accountability at OT. Mission Accomplished. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

If he at worst Cam Robinson or just an average NFL Starter, I'm fine. Stability and accountability at OT. Mission Accomplished. 

I won’t be, that’ll be 2 failed #5 picks we need a cornerstone player 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I won’t be, that’ll be 2 failed #5 picks we need a cornerstone player 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾

Define cornerstone. 

If he is a starter there for 8 years or so isn't that good? Assuming if that is the case he is performing well. Then define well. Giving up maybe 2-3 sacks a year?

Or 

Are we talking about accolades and awards?

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Define cornerstone. 

If he is a starter there for 8 years or so isn't that good? Assuming if that is the case he is performing well. Then define well. Giving up maybe 2-3 sacks a year?

Or 

Are we talking about accolades and awards?

Cornerstone are elite talent, a pro bowler you don’t let walk out the building while you’re team is contending. You build around that player. 

2 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Love this pick more and more by the day. He's a man amongst boys. Nobody gonna eff with Will with this guy out there haha 

I have come around on it.  I still think Latham was not the best tackle available, but I also feel more comfortable deferring to Bill Calahan, and betting on the question marks being not as bad as they looked at first glance.  And I do think there's a high floor there of Latham being a rock solid right tackle.  And if we come away from the draft with an excellent RT, it's not the best use of resources, but it's better than taking a guard at 11, and it still fixes one of the two tackle spots and leaves Callahan the task of fixing the other with the personnel we have, so it's not that different.

And maybe he will flip seamlessly.  He does appear to have slimmed up, which will help his movement ability and conditioning a lot.  And those are my biggest concerns, so, good start.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 12:11 PM, Daniel said:

I have come around on it.  I still think Latham was not the best tackle available, but I also feel more comfortable deferring to Bill Calahan, and betting on the question marks being not as bad as they looked at first glance.  And I do think there's a high floor there of Latham being a rock solid right tackle.  And if we come away from the draft with an excellent RT, it's not the best use of resources, but it's better than taking a guard at 11, and it still fixes one of the two tackle spots and leaves Callahan the task of fixing the other with the personnel we have, so it's not that different.

And maybe he will flip seamlessly.  He does appear to have slimmed up, which will help his movement ability and conditioning a lot.  And those are my biggest concerns, so, good start.

Who you feel was better than Latham with potential to play LT. 

• 5 weeks later...