Titans Draft OT JC Latham

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's very commercial, but one site I really respect is NFL.com 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jc-latham/32004c41-5405-9109-f911-a29e9cf30811

If you go back and look at  Lance Zierlein history, he has been pretty good at predicting and grading OT's. 

Had him as the only year 1 starter and ranked the highest. 

Fwiw, Greg Cosell also was high on him. I believe he had him over Alt.

• Like 1

Initial reaction: Why not trade down if most experts had Fashanu rated higher?

Upon further review, I see articles mentioning him as a sneaky pick for the Chargers at 5 so I guess the NFL execs were higher on him than the mockers.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That’s not even like a good highlight.

I do wonder what you look for in an OT.  
I saw him anchor and the defender pretty much stonewalled.

If that's bad OL play, then give me bad OL play everyday. lol

Am I seeing it incorrectly?  Love to hear you view. 

Edited by KingTitan

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And I've said that when we take an OT,Alt or whoever, we would be kinda sad when we see those playmakers put up numbers. 

But got the OT position that so many said we had to have at 7.  

Got Levis the protection that was needed. I thought we could get it later, but here we are. 

I'd just rather know whether or not Levis can throw with enough weapons. 

Assuming we don't go WR in the 2nd round we won't really "know" if he struggles this year because we only have two real guys there.

Which means next year, assuming we're picking high again, we won't know which direction the team needs to go. Levis will probably be another in a long line of lame ducks for us.

That's my issue with taking a tackle there. Latham will probably be good with Bill, but that's not really gonna matter with no one to throw to.

Just now, Kookie23 said:

Assuming we don't go WR in the 2nd round we won't really "know" if he struggles this year because we only have two real guys there.

Which means next year, assuming we're picking high again, we won't know which direction the team needs to go. Levis will probably be another in a long line of lame ducks for us.

That's my issue with taking a tackle there. Latham will probably be good with Bill, but that's not really gonna matter with no one to throw to.

Xavier Leggett is one of my favorite potential WRs. We'll see if he makes it to the 2nd. 

Just now, Kookie23 said:

You could easily flip this and say we won’t know how good he is if he’s constantly being pressured/getting injured. Kinda a pick your poison.

I personally think, based on history, it’s easier finding a potential pro bowl WR in the 2nd or later than a tackle.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Xavier Leggett is one of my favorite potential WRs. We'll see if he makes it to the 2nd. 

Maybe! I might just be too hung up on the allure of a first-round pick. AJ Brown would've probably been the best Titans receiver of all time if we hadn't traded him, and he was a second-round pick.

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I do wonder what you look for in an OT.  
I saw him anchor and the defender pretty much stonewalled.

If that's bad OL play, then give me bad OL play everyday. lol

Am I seeing it incorrectly?  Love to hear you view. 

I didn’t say it was a bad play, it’s just not something worth putting twice as a highlight. He stood up to a bullrush from an Auburn Edge. So what?

He’s got better examples of his anchor, and unless that’s a super stud underclassman I’m not aware of, against better players.

You won’t see me argue that Latham doesn’t have the best anchor in the class. Because he does. I am more worried that that’s about all he brings.

• Like 1