Titans Draft OT JC Latham

19 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Hoping he trends toward a Larry Allen type player. Larry Allen was so powerful and big. 

If he can be half the player Larry was, then it should be good times. 

Larry Allen, Trent Williams hell I’ll take Lewan - peds al aye felt Lewan could’ve been the best T in the league had he mastered his technique, he pretty much won on athleticism 

Rewatched Latham vs. Michigan, and this is such, such better tape than his game against Texas.  He actually makes blocks at the second level a couple of times.

Now the one bad rep that they show from that game everywhere, I think was just a mental mistake.  He still shows some difficulty reacting quickly, which considering what some have said about him not lacking quickness, I think might be correct.  I think he still struggles with his footwork some of the time, and there is more than one instance of him walking guys right back into the QB, so awareness of the pocket is still a bit of an issue.  I think it's going to worse when he's also flipping sides, at least for a while.  But it's definitely something fixable.

Problems with conditioning and effort are still there, for sure.  But I'm thinking it's likely more of the former than the latter, and at least a little bit based on scheme (unless he just talks a big game).

Power still clearly there in spades.

I'm feeling better about the pick.  I still think Fashanu would have been the better choice, and maybe even Rome Odunze, but I'm coming around quickly.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Rewatched Latham vs. Michigan, and this is such, such better tape than his game against Texas.  He actually makes blocks at the second level a couple of times.

Now the one bad rep that they show from that game everywhere, I think was just a mental mistake.  He still shows some difficulty reacting quickly, which considering what some have said about him not lacking quickness, I think might be correct.  I think he still struggles with his footwork some of the time, and there is more than one instance of him walking guys right back into the QB, so awareness of the pocket is still a bit of an issue.  I think it's going to worse when he's also flipping sides, at least for a while.  But it's definitely something fixable.

Problems with conditioning and effort are still there, for sure.  But I'm thinking it's likely more of the former than the latter, and at least a little bit based on scheme (unless he just talks a big game).

Power still clearly there in spades.

I'm feeling better about the pick.  I still think Fashanu would have been the better choice, and maybe even Rome Odunze, but I'm coming around quickly.

Fashanu Is a better pass protector & so is Alt but not by a wide margin, for me it was him or mims because they both are dogs. Callahan is going to get him right we have our next franchise LT. All I’m worried about with Latham is weight & conditioning he’s lost over 20lbs since the combine he’s saying all the right things how he wants to be great, im sold  #titan up 🗣Let’s gooooooo

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Don’t know if y’all peeped it but looks like his jersey # is going to be 55, he had it in his IG story the other day 

Yeah I had to be reminded #65 is retired. 

i saw someone (maybe on here? i forget) say latham gives "big jeff on offense" vibes and i can see it. outgoing personality, not quite brash but super confident, can be a vocal leader. let's hope his play matches the big jeff level too.

5 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i saw someone (maybe on here? i forget) say latham gives "big jeff on offense" vibes and i can see it. outgoing personality, not quite brash but super confident, can be a vocal leader. let's hope his play matches the big jeff level too.

My first thought seeing that video is that he actually does look slimmed up there.

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

My first thought seeing that video is that he actually does look slimmed up there.

He lost 25 lbs because he wanted to show he’s capable of playing LT. Here’s some I also found out doing research too, ‪last yr at Alabama he played at 360 gained 25lbs of muscle because it was a requirement by nick saban for him to play bigger at RT for the team 😮‍💨

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2023/08/alabama-football-how-jc-lathams-weight-gain-could-help-his-nfl-future.html

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Vs.  Projected top 10 pick. A speed rusher. 

Nice. He did a good job handling the speed rushs there (only a few plays). I still want to see how he does attacking a quick LB at the second level in run blocking.