Titans Draft OT JC Latham

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeap. 
I grew to like after looking at him and seeing him tell the story of why he stayed at RT. 
He was going to be the LT, but the guy they had couldn't make the switch to RT or another position. So they got their best 5 on the field. 

Lathum is a good pick .

He’s a dawg I love the pick. That’s what I like in my OL I liked him more than Alt, he’s big, fluid & nasty he didn’t give up a lot of sacks playing in the SEC, it’s not cute but it’s grown man sexy 😆

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Try looking up Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State 4th rd pick who was a stud last yr.

Fair point, forgot he was drafted so low last year. He did pretty well for a rookie, but calling him a stud is kind of a stretch.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Fair point, forgot he was drafted so low last year. He did pretty well for a rookie, but calling him a stud is kind of a stretch.

I’m sorry we have two different opinions on the term stud. He was a stud as rookie OT 

15 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I keep seeing this and obviously he's a good OL coach, but who has he coached up in the last few years?

Dawand Jones (4th round pick)
Ethan Pocic
Wyatt Teller (5th round pick)
Joel Bitonio (2nd round pick)

Then there was the argument that he couldn't coach players outside of the 1st round.  
Lathum...first round. 

And I've said that when we take an OT,Alt or whoever, we would be kinda sad when we see those playmakers put up numbers. 

But got the OT position that so many said we had to have at 7.  

Got Levis the protection that was needed. I thought we could get it later, but here we are. 

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Dawand Jones (4th round pick)
Ethan Pocic
Wyatt Teller (5th round pick)
Joel Bitonio (2nd round pick)

Then there was the argument that he couldn't coach players outside of the 1st round.  
Lathum...first round. 

Jones is a good call. Played pretty well last year.

Pocic is tough to give the credit to Callahan. He made the switch to C and showed drastic improvement on Seattle before going to Cleveland.

Teller is a good one. Definitely made big improvements under Callahan.

Bitonio was already an All-Pro player before Callahan got there, so hard to give him too much credit for that.

I'll take the loss here, though.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Some comparisons I’ve seen for him. Christian Darrisaw, Andrew Whitworth, Marcus McNeil, Jawaan Taylor and former 49ers tackle Anthony Davis.

It's very commercial, but one site I really respect is NFL.com 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jc-latham/32004c41-5405-9109-f911-a29e9cf30811

If you go back and look at  Lance Zierlein history, he has been pretty good at predicting and grading OT's. 

Had him as the only year 1 starter and ranked the highest. 

10 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

This guy is a grown *** man. He's a bully out there. He's athletic and he's got crazy strong hands. I think he's going to be a stud. 

Keep ‘em coming I love the pick more than Skoronski last yr because I hate taking a G in the top half of the draft