Are you smarter than NFL GM’s? v.2024

1.12: Brock Bowers (I actually like Nix, love him at 22 though. Would have tried to trade down a bit even if just for an extra 3rd though I understand the fear that Oakland would take Nix with  Penix gone)

3.76 Cedric Gray, ILB NC. Sounds like they are moving Sanders to Edge so I’d take arguably the best ILB in the draft her to fill that hole

4.102: Troy Franklin WR, Oregon (I have him and Sedric Van Pran-Granger neck and neck as BPA but think our WR room is in worse shape than our IOL room)

5.145: Kris Abram’s Draine, CB Missouri 

5.147: Christian Jones, OT Texas

Edited by broncos_fan _from _uk
  • Like 1

Let me preface this to say that my goal with this draft would be to bolster our trenches or defense with huge dudes kinda like the lions have done, granted they have had more talent available in their drafts.

1.12 Bowers TE

Echoing others here. Bowers would provide a great blocker in the run which Sean values while also giving a good target for the future. It was actually close for me between he and Newton. Defense woulda been a nice change of pace for us

3.76 Matt Goncalves OT

I know he's a bit injury prone but I actually like him as an eventual replacement for our tackle positions, especially after we saw what happened with our depth last year. I don't really get the edge pick we made. We have loads of em right now, though I guess we haven't hit an elite one yet. Other guy I might have taken here is Payton Wilson for a chance a defense...also injury prone.

4.102 Cedric Gray LB

Kids got a great motor, though needs to be reined in at times, but this is very teachable. I think he'd be a pretty good replacement (he was an offball LB) for Simmons and could help out our limited Safety room. If he's insideLB, then that's good too!

5.145 Kris Abrams-Draine CB

Dude who dropped hard on the board. Is there probably some reason for that? Sure. Then again we sorely need a #2 across from Sertain which Kris could definitely be.

5.147 Brennan Jackson EDGE

It was between Jackson or Mohammad Kamara here for me. Kamara would have been fun with the Colorado ties, but ultimately I don't want another undersized edge guy. That's where Jackson comes in. I think he would be great for us in running over undersized Tackles and has real sack or tip potential as he is quite long

7.235 Marcus Harris DT

I don't know anything about dudes in the 7th round so this is a shot in the dark. I had to go defensive line to bolster us at least a bit here, even if he's just a career backup. He is a bit small but seems to be crafty and scouting says has good hands. Looks like he can get after the ball which could cause pressure...something we have desperately missed on our line.

7.256 Nick Gargiolo C

Again, I don't know any of these guys at this point but with Gargiolo guy fits what I was trying to do in the trenches and idk if Forsyth is going to work out for us or not. Regardless, we do need a backup here so good pick by the Broncos

Edited by Dbrog24
Condensed for easier reference
  • Like 1

It would have been better to take Byron Murphy, and then take someone like Rattler in Round 3. Bo Nix will be thrown to the wolves behind this crappy O-line, and he will be ruined. This FO doesn't understand that you have to build from the inside out.

7 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

1.12: Brock Bowers (I actually like Nix, love him at 22 though)

I share this exact same thought wanted nix with a trade down and wanted to get Ben sinnott in round 2 or 3.

As is Bowers.

3.76 Matt Goncalves OT

I know he's a bit injury prone but I actually like him as an eventual replacement for our tackle positions, especially after we saw what happened with our depth last year. I don't really get the edge pick we made. We have loads of em right now, though I guess we haven't hit an elite one yet. Other guy I might have taken here is Payton Wilson for a chance a defense...also injury prone.