🏈 Pick #13 is in! Raiders select TE, Brock Bowers, Georgia

I think Mayer will get traded in the offseason. He wasn’t drafted by the GM and will still have value next season across the league. 

Most importantly, 2nd round draftees have 4 year contracts. Mayer agent will lobby for a trade knowing that the he is up for an extension 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think Mayer will get traded in the offseason. He wasn’t drafted by the GM and will still have value next season across the league. 

Most importantly, 2nd round draftees have 4 year contracts. Mayer agent will lobby for a trade knowing that the he is up for an extension 

Try before trade deadline 

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

3. He's average to below, they win enough games to stay in the middle and a bad spot to draft a QB.  

If he is a top 20 QB in year 2 I say keep developing him.  I would love to have a top 3 QB in the league but 8-12 is not bad either.

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Try before trade deadline 

I think there's a chance it happens, heard he was showing some bad body language out there on Sunday. Can't imagine he's very happy, he said playing under JMD made him hate football and then as soon as he starts to enjoy the game we draft someone to play over him.

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Even in this case, this off-season, I’d like us to bite the bullet and attempt to trade up seriously for a QB. Last year was a bit of an anomaly with the number of QB needy teams. Those teams won't be looking at QB this year so there should be less competition and more willingness to trade about I would think.

My only concern is that if you have teams like the Titans, Giants, and Panthers at the top of the draft they may be unwilling to pass on a chance to draft one of the elite prospects. So you could wind up having to settle on the 4th/5th guy in a weaker class.

16 hours ago, Chali21 said:

The problem is there will be other bad teams looking to take a QB high, the panthers, giants rams even Steelers could be in the market. We thought there wouldn’t be competition to move up last year yet there was.  Also with how poor the rookies have looked this year so far that could down grade a lot of the QBs in the draft making the pool of talent much shallower. If the raiders aren’t picking top five I doubt they’ll get a guy. 

I mean last year they just took bowers whose great but limited because of the holes on the line and at QB. 

Whilst you’re not wrong, last year QBs went 1, 2 & 3 so that was a bit of an anomaly plus there were 6 taken before we even picked. Very unlikely something like that happens in the near future. Every year there are a number of teams that are QB desperate but I feel we should be more able to manoeuvre into position this year. We have the basics of a decent team, now is the time to throw our chips in for the QB I feel.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

My only concern is that if you have teams like the Titans, Giants, and Panthers at the top of the draft they may be unwilling to pass on a chance to draft one of the elite prospects. So you could wind up having to settle on the 4th/5th guy in a weaker class.

True, and if this is the case and we simply can’t trade up for a top prospect I’d still like us to grab a high ceiling kid lower down in the draft as a project. We simply have to add a high ceiling QB as we have two low ceiling, reasonable floor guys right now but neither are really elevating us.  Whether we trade, try a FA reclamation project or add a draft pick (or even two) I think we need to make a major effort to gain a QBoTF.

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

True, and if this is the case and we simply can’t trade up for a top prospect I’d still like us to grab a high ceiling kid lower down in the draft as a project. We simply have to add a high ceiling QB as we have two low ceiling, reasonable floor guys right now but neither are really elevating us.  Whether we trade, try a FA reclamation project or add a draft pick (or even two) I think we need to make a major effort to gain a QBoTF.

We need to figure out something. I'm tired of the team cutting corners at QB though, we need to go get someone legit one way or another. Trade for Stafford or draft someone.

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We need to figure out something. I'm tired of the team cutting corners at QB though, we need to go get someone legit one way or another. Trade for Stafford or draft someone.

Agreed, we need to do something.

• 3 weeks later...