2024 Round 2, Pick 50: CB, Mike Sainristil, Michigan

GD-0uZGXUAEpGTc?format=jpg&name=4096x409

https://247sports.com/article/nick-saban-calls-mike-sainristil-pound-for-pound-best-player-in-nfl-draft-after-ex-michigan-cb-selected-231058683/

"I love this guy," Saban said Friday night. "This guy may be the best football player, pound for pound in the draft. He's instinctive. He's physical. He can cover and he can tackle. He's tough. I just love the way this guy plays. Good blitzer. Killed us in our game (Rose Bowl) blitzing. Just killed us. He's a star."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

Slot corner underestimated how important of a position it is.  Too many good slot receivers to not pull attention.

So Martin is pushed to SS or ?

Agreed, most teams are lining up with three WRs as base packages anyway, so you have to be able to defend that.  Slot corner is basically a full-time position at this point.  

Sainristil is getting a lot of attention.  I think it was a great pick.  Saban calls him pound for pound the best player in the draft.  He’s going to be a huge culture guy in the locker room, which is key because you not only have to have the culture from your vets like Terry, Payne, Allen and Wagner, but you also have to have the younger guys buy in.  

This is a big pickup I think.  Sure, he’s small, and so is Forbes, but I don’t think you can pass this guy up.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

IMO Martin is a much more natural Free and Forrest would fit better in Kam Curls old role as SS/Buffalo Nickel.

Agreed. I think Martin plays FS & Forrest plays SS. When we go Buffalo Nickel, I think Chinn plays that as he's as much WLB as he is S.

Forrest can play any of those 3 positions but I think he’ll be best at SS.

All I need is a jersey number and the order will be in!!! So stoked to watch this guy fall in love with him while enjoying with my best friend and now he’s here!!! Most excited I’ve been for a player here since Sean T

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

All I need is a jersey number and the order will be in!!! So stoked to watch this guy fall in love with him while enjoying with my best friend and now he’s here!!! Most excited I’ve been for a player here since Sean T

Going to be interesting to see what happens with the #. Mariota wanted #0, it's hard to imagine him giving it up after just picking it. I was talking with someone else online about it, maybe he picks #10. 🤷🏼‍♂️

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Going to be interesting to see what happens with the #. Mariota wanted #0, it's hard to imagine him giving it up after just picking it. I was talking with someone else online about it, maybe he picks #10. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I might just have to do the Sean thing rookie one number then his true number next year. Mariota probably isn’t here but you never know. We shall see numbers will be coming out soon. Is it just me or does it seem like the schedule is running a bit later then normal 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I might just have to do the Sean thing rookie one number then his true number next year. Mariota probably isn’t here but you never know. We shall see numbers will be coming out soon. Is it just me or does it seem like the schedule is running a bit later then normal 🤣🤣🤣

I saw Seattle has theirs.

• Like 1