2024 Draft: #86, G Dominick Puni, Kanas

Forge

Obviously, I'm good with this pick....I nearly took him in round 2 in the shadow draft lol 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Almost took puni here. Was very tempted

lol

Also, and this is important....he hit required short shuttle time. Nearly a lock to be competent! 

• Like 3

• Forge changed the title to 2024 Draft: #86, G Dominick Puni, Kanas

New Guard, who dis?

I really like this pick!  The kid is rock solid.  He wins the hand battle on most snaps.  He reminds me of Alex Boone.  A left tackle that really excels at every guard like task he was asked to take on.  

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I don't think Murphy was at the Senior Bowl.  I don't even see a Texas helmet lol

Yea I looked in the comments and ppl stated, it wasn’t Murphy lol

21 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I really like this pick!  The kid is rock solid.  He wins the hand battle on most snaps.  He reminds me of Alex Boone.  A left tackle that really excels at every guard like task he was asked to take on.  

That's actually a very good comp. I was coming here to say I fear he might be too tall to play G (definitely way too tall to play C imo). Brock isn't exactly tall but finding throwing lanes or seeing the field has literally never been an issue for him, so I guess I shouldn't worry about it. 

If puni isn't our starting RG, I'll be disappointed. Feliciano is good depth but I definitely would rather have him be the first guy off the bench. 

13 minutes ago, N4L said:

That's actually a very good comp. I was coming here to say I fear he might be too tall to play G (definitely way too tall to play C imo). Brock isn't exactly tall but finding throwing lanes or seeing the field has literally never been an issue for him, so I guess I shouldn't worry about it. 

If puni isn't our starting RG, I'll be disappointed. Feliciano is good depth but I definitely would rather have him be the first guy off the bench. 

When did 6'5 become too tall to play OG or C?

Depends on the physical traits and body structure but there are plenty of interior O-Lineman 6'5 ot taller playing at a high level.

Thuney is a All-Pro OG and he's 6'5.

Tyler Smith as a All-Pro OG and he's 6'6.

Ragnow was a All-Pro Center and he's 6'5

Now Boone being 6'8 was definitely an anomaly but he was a converted OT.

45 minutes ago, N4L said:

He might be better at left guard, with Banks sliding to the right side.  I feel like he excels at pass blocking and would be dangerous next to Trent in the open space.