The Bears-Offense

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

NFL is all about evolving. Defenders are lighter and more athletic than 20 years ago, so now us meatheads get a chance to shine. Pretty soon the NFL will see the triple option come back.

Then my obsessive drafting of OTs will REALLY shine.

I suspect when Poles said yesterday that we had changed some things in our run game that helped Swift this is what he was talking about...our interior OL especially aren't truly athletic enough to run some of the proper wide zone stuff so just run people over...it's why I want to get bigger and more physical on the interior this offseason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Honestly,  if you had somehow weighted the Bears' draft board towards this forum, we would have a 53 man roster made up solely of OTs and Caleb.  I'm down. 

Whoa whoa whoa.

OTs, EDGE, and CBs...and Caleb.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I suspect when Poles said yesterday that we had changed some things in our run game that helped Swift this is what he was talking about...our interior OL especially aren't truly athletic enough to run some of the proper wide zone stuff so just run people over...it's why I want to get bigger and more physical on the interior this offseason.

Power, athleticism, aggressiveness are three keys for me for any OL. There will almost be guys that are too athletic for your OL to handle one on one, there are monsters who you aren't pushing anywhere but more trying to shield the RB, and there are guys with freaky combinations. But if you have the advantage in one you can try to abuse that to win the match ups, ig orong schemes because there's almost no way I'd have single blocked Aaron Donald or Myles more than the occasional play for example.

And like Bill Murray showed, when you have a chance to decleat a MFer who is engaged you do it. Keep them looking around for the second hit and they may be a bit more hesitant when rushing. It's just natural, like a WR who gets crushed and starts to get crocodile arms.

3 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Honestly,  if you had somehow weighted the Bears' draft board towards this forum, we would have a 53 man roster made up solely of OTs and Caleb.  I'm down. 

I think because during Pace era OT was neglected to an extreme point even though he said it was a key premium position. 

And before that Bears kept drafting busts at positions.   So much so that we are still feeling it 3 years into Poles.  

OL starts with good OTs and Cs.

And DL prospects are so much more athletic than OL prospects as a group that building a good NFL OL is really hard to do.  There is more demand than supply.

We can't go too far into it and always be drafting OTs.  You have to build a complete team.   But been a long time since we can say Bears have a top or even a good NFL OL.

CW will need to break more rookie QB records if the Bears want to make the playoff.

God bless to Hutchinson of the Lions, hope he makes a quick recovery.

But with that injury, the Bears have a better chance now.

The 2-faked play call which led to the big play by Kmet was a great call, CW made it work.  Good Coaching 👍

On 10/13/2024 at 10:56 PM, JibjeResearch said:

The 2-faked play call which led to the big play by Kmet was a great call, CW made it work.  Good Coaching 👍

That play was amazing.  Credit to Waldron.  Big Kudos.  

It still doesn't work without Caleb pump faking the defender though.  If he runs straight at him hard it likely gets blown up.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2024 at 12:25 PM, dll2000 said:

That play was amazing.  Credit to Waldron.  Big Kudos.  

It still doesn't work without Caleb pump faking the defender though.  If he runs straight at him hard it likely gets blown up.

Yes...  CW is getting better.

The Washington, Arizona, and New England games should give CW more time to perfect his throws.  The TDs to Allen were All-Pro skill from CW and Allen.., great communication there.

The possibility of a 7-2 leads by CW is real...  I haven't been this excited in years lolz😁

I think if CW push it a little harder..., he can break the 4000 yards/season.  It would be cool... but the play off is better.

Edited by JibjeResearch

Was listening to a podcast on way back from WI until Mark Carman drove me crazy enough to turn it off completely. They did raise the interesting premise of what trades would you make right now if you're the Bears? Honestly unless there was an IOL for cheap from a team that knows they're tanking, which I don't think there is, I don't think it's worth while right now.  The only other thing I'd consider would be the example of Trayvon Walker for a 4th, which I don't think seems very realistic. 

Our needs and the market don't line up at all right now.

3 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Was listening to a podcast on way back from WI until Mark Carman drove me crazy enough to turn it off completely. They did raise the interesting premise of what trades would you make right now if you're the Bears? Honestly unless there was an IOL for cheap from a team that knows they're tanking, which I don't think there is, I don't think it's worth while right now.  The only other thing I'd consider would be the example of Trayvon Walker for a 4th, which I don't think seems very realistic. 

Our needs and the market don't line up at all right now.

We trade for a player:
-IOL You have to look for a center... Shelton blows, and who knows what the hell is going on with Bates.

-You kick tires on OG or LT

-Pass rusher (Edge or DT)

-I'd also consider trying to snag a receiver that more fits the scheme (but I'm also shipping one out) (Jalen Hyatt being the one I'm calling to try and bring in.... Waldron runs a lot of Vertical routes, we should be using faster WR ala Hyatt and Scott rotating in to keep people like DJ Moore fresh/not gassed so he stops taking plays off while on the field)

All 4 of those positions are "opportunity" ones, where someone unexpected comes available and you pounce... None of which are likely

We ship out a player:

-Khalil Herbert  (One of the best "running" running backs in the league, he just can't catch or pass block well enough to find the field, and clearly Waldron strongly prefers those attributes

-Velus Jones  (He's had his chances, and not punting on him when he was worth something was a mistake)

-Nate Davis (Just get him off the team)

-Keenan Allen (He's too slow for the vertical routes and he requires absolutely crazy precision by Caleb because he's not getting open)

-Blasingame. (We have Kramer honestly doing well there)

None of them are useful right now (save Allen), and none will be here next year.