The Bears-Offense

11 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

For me it’s about scarcity. There are just far more guards who are solid or better at their job than there are tackles or centers. Guard is also a position that tackles and centers can play. You seldomly see a guard who can fill in capably outside, and those guards who can play center capably usually just play center. 

There are exceptions of course, but the Zach Martins and Joe Thuneys of the world are outliers. 

That's more or less what I was saying.  It's much tougher to find really good OT.  Those who are marginal for whatever reason(s) more often than not end up as backups or are moved inside which is what enhances the supply of more pro ready OG.  But given their role in assuring the pocket doesn't collapse and the QB can step up to throw I don't see interior OL as being any less important.  JMHO

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

The economics of all this seem sound, but you also can't have the situation where your entire interior line is bad or suspect.  I don't think the Bears are in that spot this year so long as multiple guys don't get hurt 

I also think the IOL is a little better this year.  On top of that, CW seems to make the IOL looks good....; for an example, the sort of no-look across the chest throw was good.  JF1 CAN'T do that! lolz🤣

28 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I thought they had one last year?

They had one last year... IMHO.

But, this year...  everything seems to fit.  

In sports, only winning matters... so we will witness it as we go...   I'm all for the win... :)

The Bears offense is going to be absolute hell to go up against.  Having two proven receivers who were both almost in the top 10 last year in yards, Allen was 11th and Moore 6th!

Sure they will not get the same touches but to have both of those two to guard against, then throw in Rome Odunze who is an outstanding WR and arguably is as good if not better than Nabers was coming out.  Odunze's ball skills and tracking skills are outstanding not to mention his work ethic.  They also have a burner in Scott who can get downfield, Velus Jones who they used at RB at times this preseason which was really interesting and Pettis as well. Then you have a three headed monster at RB with Swift who could be amazing catching the football out of the backfield, Johnson who is a tank and Herbert who is very solid.  Not to mention the huge TEs they got in Kmet, Everett will be a good backup weapon and Carlson is a huge kid and Sweeney has not looked bad in the preseason either.

Only issue is the interior OL, is Bates or Shelton a good enough center to hold up.  I expect Wright to be better than last year, same with Jones and Jenkins.  If that center spot can hold up, wow they are going to be one heck of an offense, especially with how Caleb Williams can scramble and extend plays and still make huge throws downfield.  

People talk about how much support CJ Stroud had last year and he did with a solid OL and a variety of good WRs in Collins, Dell, Brown and Woods not to mention Schultz at TE.  But Caleb Williams has better WRs by far than Stroud had, better TEs also as a group and for sure better RBs.  The OL was huge really badly for the Texans last year but they have such great depth it was not an issue, the Bears have ok depth but not the same depth or proven talent the Texans OL had.  Still though all told if the OL is improved it is just as good of a supporting cast that Stroud had.  

• Like 1

With this 3rd Down and long (7+ yards) DL : DE Sweat  3T Walker  DT Dexter DE Taylor (no D's starters hurt)

I'm predicting CW will throw 4500 yards 25+ TDs and 15 INTs, rush for 3TDs.  The Bears get the 1st 4000yrd passer lolz ahahah😁

Bears go 11-6 and make the playoff.

28 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

I'm predicting CW will throw 4500 yards 25+ TDs and 15 INTs, rush for 3TDs.  The Bears get the 1st 4000yrd passer lolz ahahah😁

I'll lose my **** if you're even close. I want to see this kind of production SO BAD but want to stay conservative and not be let down. Lol

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

With so much talk about the bears never having a 4000 yard passer, an arbitrary benchmark, I’m hoping he throws for exactly 3999 yards.

raggedy-you-bitch.gif

• Like 3

On 8/24/2024 at 10:36 PM, CBears019 said:

With so much talk about the bears never having a 4000 yard passer, an arbitrary benchmark, I’m hoping he throws for exactly 3999 yards.

Still would be best ever.

• Like 1