4.108 - Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon - #31

It's always so damn surreal to see news like this. I was pretty groggily browsing the internet when I saw it and it just didn't seem real. I can't imagine what his family felt. People really need to get it through their heads that cars are practically weapons that can cause ALOT of damage. RIP

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

How does that work with the contract? Do the guarantees get paid out to his family?

He was probably already paid all the guaranteed money at signing.  Even though the cap likely shows the guaranteed money distributed throughout the contract years, that's usually just good cap management.

Sorry for The Vikings heartfelt loss.  He was a promising player that displayed a ton of potential for sure.

Mark & Zygi Wilf: "We are deeply saddened by the news of Khyree's passing. Khyree had an extremely bright future ahead of him as a player, and it was clear he was dedicated to being a tremendous person who made a positive difference in people's lives. We are thinking about Khyree's family and friends and all members of the Minnesota Vikings following this devastating loss."

vikings.com

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

That’s so terrible, man. So young and promising, both on and off the field. I couldn’t even imagine what the family members are going through. RIP. 

Anyone know if the rumor about the driver that hit them being intoxicated was true? 

Edited by Morlee
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Morlee said:

Anyone know if the rumor about the driver that hit them being intoxicated was true? 

The press release from the Maryland State Police stated that alcohol is believed to have been a contributing factor. 

Also, as people have screenshot various posts from the driver’s social media accounts, it’s very likely that she was driving while intoxicated. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

No one in the car that caused the accident was injured. I hope the driver goes to prison for a long, long time. 

it's because Jackson's car was sent off the road into hard obstacles, destroying the containment shell of the car.

three vehicular homicide charges...? DWI...? Excessive speed...?

thirty years, maybe?

and she probably wasn't being served drinks somewhere at 3 am, she chose to consume that much and drive.

Edited by vike daddy

This is incredibly heartbreaking for a lot of reasons. Jackson and his friends were doing nothing wrong and were just trying to get home. Apparently, the drunk driver constantly tweeted about how drunk she was. May Jackson and his friends rest in peace.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Apparently, the drunk driver constantly tweeted about how drunk she was. 

if true, and presented in court, it doesn't matter how much remorse she may show.

she's going to prison for her entire adult life.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Morlee said:

"Notably, investigators believe alcohol may have been a contributing circumstance in the crash. It’s unclear, as of this report, which parties may have been driving under the influence."

https://www.on3.com/news/accident-that-claimed-life-of-khyree-jackson-also-claimed-lives-of-anthony-lytton-jr-isaiah-hazel/

What a shame for those three young men and their families.  Khyree did so much hard work towards a very promising career and future in general; now all 3 don't get a chance to live their lives, and there's a big hole in so many lives of the people whose lives they touched.  Life can be hard and inexplicable sometimes.  It puts sports fandom in perspective.  It makes me grateful that I had a chance to experience a long life, and appreciate every day I wake up for the past 15 years or so.  Our family lost a child to a terrible cancer at a young age (10), but diagnosed at age 2.  So, I'm no stranger to seeing a youngster robbed of a chance to make his/her mark in the World as an adult.  Let's hope this incident helps other would-be-drunk, and otherwise impeded drivers, always be on guard to see that they never do that again, and encourage others to be more responsible, too.   

• Like 5

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

if true, and presented in court, it doesn't matter how much remorse she may show.

she's going to prison for her entire adult life.

I bet she doesn't spend 10 years behind bars.

28 minutes ago, Sir Fobos said:

I bet she doesn't spend 10 years behind bars.

i'll take that bet if she was also legally intoxicated.

you have to keep in mind THREE people were killed and three others were injured which could have been worse. she won't get, in my opinion, the sentence you get for killing only one person while drunk and speeding.