Bears pick Tory Taylor in 4th

dll2000

Here's the thinking for me...if you draft a really good punter prospect in the 4th that isn't great...

If you draft an elite punter prospect in the 4th and more than likely don't need to even think about the position for the next 10 years because he is a top 5 punter then that makes a ton of sense...

I think Taylor is that good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Here's the thinking for me...if you draft a really good punter prospect in the 4th that isn't great...

If you draft an elite punter prospect in the 4th and more than likely don't need to even think about the position for the next 10 years because he is a top 5 punter then that makes a ton of sense...

I think Taylor is that good.

Totally agree here. We could have drafted a guy who may make the roster or we could have drafted a guy that is a weapon. We drafted a weapon and difference maker. 

I think it would be an interesting exercise for those that are against this pick to list players that they think should have been drafted instead and at the end of the season how well those players faired in comparison to Taylor.

Not a punter guy. With that, every time one of our opponents uncorks a 60+ yard punt from the shadow of his own goalposts I think “Man, that would be nice to have.”

Michael Dickson is a weapon in SEA. Taylor can be that too. 

I’m good with it, even if I’d have gone another way. 

Some might be underwhelmed by a P in the 4th but look at the Bears 4th rounders prior to Poles. The bolded were the only ones at least worth rotating in, and EJax, Melton, and Cohen (pre-injury) were major hits.

Riley Ridley

Joel Iyiegbuniwe

Ejax

Cohen

Kwiotkoski

Bush

Hall

Langford

Carey

Vareen

Khaszeem Green

Evan Rodruigez

Wooton (ended Favre's career)

Melton

DJ Moore (crappy one)

Steltz

If you get a top 10 punter then you rocked the pick IMO. I didn't like Gill's drafting, he just didn't have the leg I wanted and couldn't place it consistently either. But Taylor can. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Some might be underwhelmed by a P in the 4th but look at the Bears 4th rounders prior to Poles. The bolded were the only ones at least worth rotating in, and EJax, Melton, and Cohen (pre-injury) were major hits.

Riley Ridley

Joel Iyiegbuniwe

Ejax

Cohen

Kwiotkoski

Bush

Hall

Langford

Carey

Vareen

Khaszeem Green

Evan Rodruigez

Melton

DJ Moore (crappy one)

Steltz

If you get a top 10 punter then you rocked the pick IMO. I didn't like Gill's drafting, he just didn't have the leg I wanted and couldn't place it consistently either. But Taylor can. 

Fun fact: humble brag but I've been fortunate enough to meet a lot of pro athletes and DJ Moore is in my top 3 nicest. What a great guy

A lot of us were pumped for Riley Ridley

I thought Khaseem Green was a steal

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Fun fact: humble brag but I've been fortunate enough to meet a lot of pro athletes and DJ Moore is in my top 3 nicest. What a great guy

That's awesome. The only real celebrity I met was Paul Wight. Got a pic with him, me and my mom. Dad took the photo, he refused to "look like a little *** bald boy next to him." lol  

I did get cooked by Dee Brown from U of IL at a basketball camp. I learned from him I was not ever going to be a D1 athlete, he went around me like a traffic cone. It was incredible. 

30 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

A lot of us were pumped for Riley Ridley

I thought Khaseem Green was a steal

Same here, I missed on both too (I think I had Ridley as a 2nd rounder). I liked the bloodlines and how smooth Ridley looked, and Green was an uber-athletic talent. Wish he ended up being better at football instead. 

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Riley Ridley

Joel Iyiegbuniwe

Ejax

Cohen

Kwiotkoski

Bush

Hall

Langford

Carey

Vareen

Khaszeem Green

Evan Rodruigez

Melton

DJ Moore (crappy one)

Steltz

Wooten is a big man.   Looking at him with CHGO guys doing draft coverage and he looks like Goliath.   

Just now, dll2000 said:

Wooten is a big man.   Looking at him with CHGO guys doing draft coverage and he looks like Goliath.   

I was a guard in HS.  I can’t imagine having to block him.   I would have been a speed bump at best.