Bears Select EDGE Austin Booker - Pick #144

Madmike90

That's interesting that he gained 13lbs between the combine and pro day then tested better...maybe illness? Dehydration? Overtrained for the combine? Either way it is good to see he could get up towards that 260lbs mark...

Side note...Poles & co really do value the broad but above the vertical for these DL prospects.

• Like 1

You can see the potential on these snaps...over to you Eric Washington...not saying Booker can become a Brian Burns type but Washington is who Burns credits for improving him as a player.

• Like 1

Alot of people were surprised that he declared this season ...was on a solid trajectory to improve and maybe grow his Draft stock into a 2RP in '25

Still only 21 ! 

average age for this Draft is 23

If there is any motivation needed, I hope he thinks about how the punter was valued higher than him and is out-earning him for the next 4 years. 

Now Waterboy yourself into a fit and beat the hell out of opposing QBs. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

If there is any motivation needed, I hope he thinks about how the punter was valued higher than him and is out-earning him for the next 4 years. 

Now Waterboy yourself into a fit and beat the hell out of opposing QBs. 

Make them roommates on the road. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I honestly know nothing of him, but I like to see the excitement he is getting at least. 

Young kid, long, has decent power/speed/bend.

Developmental piece but I see him as a situational pass rusher this year with the potential to start in 2025.

• Like 1

Watched his highlight reels.   I love the way he plays football.  My kind of guy.  He gets after it. 

He is not thick for an NFL edge.  Someone said he reminds him of Floyd.   I agree in body type.   They both have thin frames for an NFL edge.

Difference is Floyd was primarily an off ball LB at GA.  This guy is way ahead of Floyd on pass rush technical skill from edge coming out.  He can bend and rip and long arm.  Floyd could only juke.

He is also younger than Floyd coming out.  Had he stayed in school for a few years and put on weight he may have found himself in one of first two rounds.  

Floyd is still in league making money and has gotten better.  This guy I think can be as good or better when it is all said and done if he survives a few seasons and gains muscle mass without losing speed.   

• Like 1