Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2024 (All Up)

goldfishwars

8 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Wait, are you saying the Giants passing on McCarthy and the Falcons preferring Penix aren’t facts? Or that neither the Broncos or Raiders liked him enough (or at all) to move up a few spots to get him? I don't think we have to get into the realms of unnamed sources here. 

I am saying that a source said that the Giants and Vikings were trying to move up to draft Maye. Who is the source that has information from both teams. Maybe they were, I mean it's even likely they were, but its not a fact. 

Okay, I'm getting concerned that the 49ers may have broken their streak of landing outside the top 20 of these rankings. 

I think the highest they have ever been since 2018 was like 23 lol 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Forge said:

Okay, I'm getting concerned that the 49ers may have broken their streak of landing outside the top 20 of these rankings. 

I think the highest they have ever been since 2018 was like 23 lol 

I think last year was the first time he's had the Rams higher than 20th and we ended up with 4 guys on the All Rookie team. Hoping we end up about the same this year :)

• Like 3

I'm so interested to see where you have Denver. I know you hate the Nix pick. But I also know you have to love the value of Troy Franklin, and Abrams Draine. I think Estime was good value too. 

15 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm so interested to see where you have Denver. I know you hate the Nix pick. But I also know you have to love the value of Troy Franklin, and Abrams Draine. I think Estime was good value too. 

WE'RE DOING IT! OUR TIME IS NOW! Just like the 2020 draft where Goldfish gave us #1 honors! ....oh wait

Just bustin your balls @goldfishwars. I look forward to these threads all year even though they tend to end up breaking my heart with our crappy team 😄

In seriousness I do wonder where we will be this year. The "pros" have us all over the map in terms of grades. It kinda feels similar to last year when everyone had highly differing opinions about the Lions draft and they ended up having easily top3 production from their Rooks. Here's my heart getting broken again...Oh why do I do this to myself?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jofos said:

I am saying that a source said that the Giants and Vikings were trying to move up to draft Maye. Who is the source that has information from both teams. Maybe they were, I mean it's even likely they were, but its not a fact. 

Okay, it’s a fact that it’s been widely reported by all the major outlets.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Okay, it’s a fact that it’s been widely reported by all the major outlets.

I also saw that Krafts over ruled Elliot worth and accepting the Giants trade how do you feel about that?

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I also saw that Krafts over ruled Elliot worth and accepting the Giants trade how do you feel about that?

Where? I can’t find it

20. Baltimore Ravens

No Title

This Class In One Sentence:

It’s kind of a really non Ravens-y draft class. 

Pre-Draft Needs (According to https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/team-needs-2024)

OT, WR, CB, EDGE, IOL, DL, RB

Selections

30. Nate Wiggins | CB | Clemson

62. Roger Rosengarten | OT | Washington

93. Adisa Isaac | EDGE | Penn State

113. Devontez Walker | WR | North Carolina

130. TJ Tampa | CB | Iowa St

165. Rasheen Ali | RB | Marshall

218. Devin Leary | QB | Kentucky

228. Nick Samac | OC | Michigan State

250. Sanoussi Kane | S | Purdue

Best Pick

Probably, Adisa Isaac. He’s got an insane back-story you should check out, a really inspiring kid. He’s a good athlete, has a bag of tricks as a pass-rusher, can dip and rip. He’s like the anti-Oweh selection, which is funny given they went to the same school. He does, however, lack top-tier power. He can be knocked around mid rush, and has only average contact balance. But I think the value at 93 is very good.

Worst Pick

Devontez Walker – Look, it's pick 113, I get it – no point going off. He’s a real blazer that can take the top off and he’s pretty good with the ball in his hands. But man, just a horrible route runner, has feet for hands and doesn’t win contested balls. I cannot get on board. Bleh.

Overall

It’s a decent class, with an obvious preference for explosive players. We are just firmly in the ranks of teams who did well but maybe didn’t select a bunch of ‘my guys’. There’ll be wildly differing grades on it, no doubt – I’m trying to stay away from looking at those to avoid any undue influence.

At the top, Wiggins lacks NFL size, but has ideal length at 6’2 and exceptional, rare speed which shows up on the field. He doesn’t back down from a challenge and is a fierce competetor, I just hope that wiry frame holds up because there’s little room for added armor. It’s a eery similar story for Rosengarten. He’s an athletic right tackle prospect with top-tier foot quickness. He’s excellent at blocking in space. But does notably lack a little sand in the pants, and can get knocked around in true pass-sets. That's not the type of blocker I'm used to seeing in a Ravens uniform, but we'll see what that looks like. 

TJ Tampa got a little overhyped in the draft process, but that’s a nice bit of business at 130. He’s not the most fluid mover, but he’s a force in press man and will re-route receivers to hell and back given the chance. That’s a Raven. Similarly, Rasheen Ali, is a tough downhill runner. Perhaps he's the new Gus Bus. That’s a Raven for sure.

There’s not a huge amount I have to say about the remaining three picks. Leary is someone I can see being a good back-up in the league. The other two were off my radar completely.

• Like 4

• goldfishwars changed the title to Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2024 (20 Up)

Yeah I didn’t really get the Ravens draft. I don’t think Wiggins is great, and I thought they’d address WR or OL first. They got OT next, but again, would Ravens fans have preferred to see OT or WR first and address secondary later?

Posted (edited)

The choice between Daniels and Maye has swung the Pats draft for Goldfish. Were it Daniels, we'd have been up by now. Which is right, imo. It is such a pivotal pick, that the outcome of it determines this entire draft class. 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

As you say, not a Ravens-like class. I wonder if they are trying to imitate the Chiefs.

Their record against the Chiefs is not good and they've watched the Chiefs overhaul the whole roster with younger, faster, more physical players. The Ravens' value-oriented system could only go so far. Baltimore has had great depth but lacks the last little bit. 

The problem is that there is only one Mahomes.

• Like 2

• goldfishwars changed the title to Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2024 (All Up)