Week 16 GDT: Oaklandless Raiders (6-8) @ Nickadelphia Eagles (12-2)

The number one reason why I am so down on Nick Foles was his complete lack of confidence in the second half. The guy knows how to play football, he has had some great games in Philly and has balled out before, but when he is sitting in the pocket for 4-5 seconds only to pump fake and not throw the football on seemingly every play, I lose faith. This isn't the first time he has done this, we have seen this Nick Foles before. Go back and watch the second half, the only passes he was able to to confidently throw the football on were in the final drive when he threw a five yard curl and three straight five yard outs. That is REALLY bad.

I have no idea what happened, but if Foles continues to play with no confidence in the divisonal round, we do not even have a shot of winning in the playoffs. If he can play fearless and accept that he might make mistakes, i could see us maybe making a surprise run if Mills gets benched and our DL continues to dominate.

4 minutes ago, Phire said:

One of the things that absolutely must be cleaned up for next year is the flags. It's actually quite miraculous this team has as many wins as it does with the amount of penalties we've had.

Very true. That's on the coaches for preparation and players for being disciplined. 

Although upon further review, that flag on Long's sack where they called him offsides was incorrect. 

54 minutes ago, 808 said:

Very true. That's on the coaches for preparation and players for being disciplined. 

Although upon further review, that flag on Long's sack where they called him offsides was incorrect. 

Does it matter if his feet never move? If you lean forward and they snap the ball while you're offsides, it's still offsides. Not sure what Baldinger's getting at here. 

Last one, other than that I’m turning the page...Foles needs to play better but everyone needs to perform better coaching staff on down. DougieP has to scheme better to make it easier for the backup QB, OL, RBs and perimeter players. 

Defensively we can’t continue to allow big plays...force teams to be consistent and move the chains. I don’t believe many teams projected to be in the dance can/will do that.  

3 minutes ago, Phire said:

Does it matter if his feet never move? If you lean forward and they snap the ball while you're offsides, it's still offsides. Not sure what Baldinger's getting at here. 

I don't have audio so I can't hear what he's saying, but i guess he feels Long's arms/torso didn't cross the LOS. I've seen worse called and not called, for sure. 

We've been really good this year at not allowing these "Band is on the field" type of plays to burn us. 

But here, even if Carr catches that lateral, what the hell was he going to do with it? LMAO 

6 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

"run D getting gashed"

lol 

Skittish Eagle fans be like, "We let up 1 and a half sizable run plays! We're getting gashed."

Take away Richards one 34 yarder and they averaged 3.1 yards a carry. 

Pessimistic and skittish. And you drive the bus. 

Gotta love the "take away this 1 huge play and..." Games are won and lost on those kinds of plays. They were able to move the ball on the ground and regularly get into 3rd & short situations.

Delusional and stubborn. And you drive the bus.

After sleeping on it, I'm still not freaking out over Foles. Yes he played poorly but so did the rest of the Team. OL, WR, RB! What I did like is Foles PC. Where he eluded to the 2 missed throws for TD to Ertz, Missed Throw to Alshon being "Fixable" , which it is. With those throws completed we're sitting here with a 20+ pt Win. Same thing that happened to Wentz earlier in the season. Poorly thrown balls.

However He's made those throws before , Hell as early as last week when everyone was so giddy about 4 Tuddies. The Raiders since they fired Norton have gotten better on Defense. Go look at the stats. Now should it have been that pathetic all around on Offense for us no but as mentioned before Penalties are killing this team and will eliminate them in the playoffs if it continues! 

I don't understand how this hasn't been nipped in the bud already? Not addressed with some kind of "in house" Fine ($$$$) to be collected on a weekly basis? Pointed out and made to be embarrassed among your peers in meetings. Start taking money out of their pockets and I bet the number dwindles!!!

Archived