Week 16 GDT: Oaklandless Raiders (6-8) @ Nickadelphia Eagles (12-2)

58 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

The Eagles D has set such lofty expectations that 10 pts is way too much.

Now that's good!! Everyone is so focused on the pitiful offensive performance they're missing the bigger picture. Defensively we can match up with any of them. If our Idiot HC actually does the smart thing and runs 40+ times rather then pass, HFA will help! Problem is DTM is to Stupid to apply that logic but one can hope!

Foles wasn't good, but Foles wasn't THAT bad.

He was under pressure a lot and there were catch-able balls that were dropped.

The whole team has to step up, not just Foles.

The defense did in the end ... as a unit, particularly the line.  They caught fire.

The OL was sub-par.  It looked like a sieve.  The receivers were sub-par, too.  I mean, who got open?

On the interception the line got beat and Foles got pressured into a high throw.  That throw hit Ertz on both hands and was deflected.  It got picked.  But somehow it was all on Foles?

I'm not saying it was all on the line or Ertz, but it wasn't ALL on Foles.

Nor am I saying that Foles was brilliant.  He wasn't.  But, it was a tough noght weather-wise against a prepared team.

And don't get me started on the running game.  Atrocious.  Much of that has to do with the play calling, though.

Now, nobody defended Pederson more than I in the "Fire Doug Pederson" thread.  But, I lay this debacle on his head.  He was booty.

I am not saying that he is inadequate or has to go, but he contributed to the effort.  Also, he made no significant adjustments.

Where was the jet sweep, post-corner or flea-flicker to offset the loaded fronts and charging LB's?

Where were the crossing routes from the other receivers?  Why no over the shoulder sideline routes, Foles' best throw?

There was a lot to dislike about this game, however, the sky isn't falling.  This is all fixable.  They have three weeks to do so.

Foles isn't going to be Wentz.  That has to be addressed.  Everyone needs to be better.

Also, as a side note, the Cowboys will probably win next week and hang their hat on the fact that they split with the Eagles.  They did, but they didn't.

I have a split, too.  It is the crack of my a$$.  That is what that is worth.

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Now that's good!! Everyone is so focused on the pitiful offensive performance they're missing the bigger picture. Defensively we can match up with any of them. If our Idiot HC actually does the smart thing and runs 40+ times rather then pass, HFA will help! Problem is DTM is to Stupid to apply that logic but one can hope!

Arguably we tried to run too much tonight

24 minutes ago, Phire said:
34 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Arguably we tried to run too much tonight

Disagree. We only had 21 rush attempts while asking Foles to throw it 38 times in a Tied Ball Game? The Raiders despite our Rush Defense did what we should of, Run Regardless.

Instead of throwing bombs on 3rd and 5's and Running on 2nd and 20's, do the opposite. Did we call another Screen pass? I remember 2? One for a big gain, 1 penalty. The Defense was gassed yet we continued to pass and go 3 and out every series?

When he did call Runs it was in odd down and distances, like he was always trying to catch them off Guard, instead of doing the obvious. Pound the Rock!

Despite how bad it was all around as a Offense, Nick Foles isn't really my main concern. It's DTM refusal to adapt his Game Plan. Asking or Expecting Foles to be Wentz. He's not! Nor should you ask him to do the same things.

Unfortunately he's trying to prove his genius like Reid does, by ignoring what can help win you games with a back up. Run the ball, Win T.O.P., Play opportunistic Defense and don't Throw 40+ times a game!

In other words basically the opposite of what just happened.

Raiders 33 Rushes, 28 Passes

Eagles 21 Rushes, 38 Passes

That's a joke in a Tied Ball 10-10 gm!

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Delusional Eagles fans be like

Week 15: We're fine, next man up. Carson may have been an MVP candidate, and our defense may look shaky... but who cares we are 11-2.

Postgame: It was a division game. Perfectly acceptable to allow 500 yards and 29 points to Eli and the 2 win Giants. Defense showed up in final 5 seconds, that's good enough.

Week 16: We're in great shape, Foles is fine replacement for Wentz and the defense will def bounce back now that they're home after that grueling 2 hour trip to MetLife.

Postgame: A win is a win. Oakland went 12-4 last year and you're bound to have a few stinkers. It was Christmas so you can't blame the offense for only getting 200 yards and the run D for getting gashed.

Week 17: 13-2, 1 seed, super bowl time.

"run D getting gashed"

lol 

Skittish Eagle fans be like, "We let up 1 and a half sizable run plays! We're getting gashed."

Take away Richards one 34 yarder and they averaged 3.1 yards a carry. 

Pessimistic and skittish. And you drive the bus. 

I'm with Jroc, I'm not giving up on the team yet. I've dedicated way too much time and effort into the Eagles this year lol. It pisses me off seeing these other fans (Vikings, Rams) claiming how the Eagles are done and have no shot. I totally get that we're pretty uninspiring as a #1 seed. I know I'm reaching here but maybe that helps. A lot of people are going to be doubting this team despite the massive success they've had this year. Being an underdog #1 seed is unheard of but I kinda dig that. 

IMO, the offense as a whole was horrible yesterday. I think the team as a whole to start the game had the mindset of we already got the playoffs we'll be fine and didtn really give a **** and put forth all the effort they normally do. they got complacent. 

QB play was pretty bad, however The O-Line didnt do anything and WR's couldnt beat man coverage, REALLY???

RB's were ok,I thought we tried running the same play too many times when running, And i hate how obvious are running plays are by which RB is in the game. Def should've ran more. I think we need to see at least 25-35 carries from our RB's (Ajayi with at least 12-15, Blount 8-12, Clement 5-10) 

WR's were basically not existent yesterday, How could no WR's beat Man Coverage against Non #1 or #2 Corners is beyond me. 

TE's were good at finding a hole in the defense, however they had a few drops IMO that weren't Foles fault. 

Overall im not worried as i think the extra time off and starters sitting next week will help our players rejuvenate and clear there minds. 

I lived. It was colder than balls. My phone gave up on me because of the cold so I couldn't Uber home, found a cabbie who basically tried to rob me once I got in his car to get home. Won my two fantasy championships, one on the back of Foles' massive flop. It was a good night.

Eagles at 1 or 2nd and >10 due to penalties

2nd Drive: 1st and 17 at OAK 26 (due to holding. drive ended in a TD)

4th Drive: 2nd and 20 at PHI 26 (due to holding. drive ended in a punt)

5th Drive: 1st and 15 at PHI 44 (due to false start. drive ended in a missed FG)

6th Drive: 1st and 20 at PHI 15 (due to holding. drive ended in a punt)

Some of the later drives, we were off schedule with negative plays on first down. 

It was sloppy. You can't set yourself back like that in any game against anyone and expect to look good.

Archived