Week 16 GDT: Oaklandless Raiders (6-8) @ Nickadelphia Eagles (12-2)

47 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Gotta love the "take away this 1 huge play and..." Games are won and lost on those kinds of plays. They were able to move the ball on the ground and regularly get into 3rd & short situations.

Delusional and stubborn. And you drive the bus.

You can keep it in there. 33 carries 137 yards 4.2 average. Woa, gettin gashed. What a display. And without it, very ineffective.

13 first downs. 7 below their average. But gashed. 

That play resulted in a drive worth 3 pts. They were so regularly moving the ball that the Raiders scored a whopping 10 pts. And a TD on a complete goof by Mills. Gashed completely though, you're right. 

Everyone knows you're the poster that jumps off the cliff first around here. It's old and tired and annoying. You're chicken little constantly. 

Theres nothing stubborn or delusional about me. I'm one of the most even keeled guy here. Foles is a limited backup QB. He's not going to win us playoff games. But if the D can stiffen up and Doug manages the offense better, we have a chance at home against most of the playoff teams in the NFC. Jeez, that's utter nonsense, huh? 

"Seasons over" and "This team is trash" is the definition of skittish and pessimistic and knee-jerk. Which is just par for the course with your posts. 

6 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

You can keep it in there. 33 carries 137 yards 4.2 average. Woa, gettin gashed. What a display. And without it, very ineffective.

13 first downs. 7 below their average. But gashed. 

That play resulted in a drive worth 3 pts. They were so regularly moving the ball that the Raiders scored a whopping 10 pts. And a TD on a complete goof by Mills. Gashed completely though, you're right. 

Everyone knows you're the poster that jumps off the cliff first around here. It's old and tired and annoying. You're chicken little constantly. 

Theres nothing stubborn or delusional about me. I'm one of the most even keeled guy here. Foles is a limited backup QB. He's not going to win us playoff games. But if the D can stiffen up and Doug manages the offense better, we have a chance at home against most of the playoff teams in the NFC. Jeez, that's utter nonsense, huh? 

"Seasons over" and "This team is trash" is the definition of skittish and pessimistic and knee-jerk. Which is just par for the course with your posts. 

Source? I’m sure I’ve said something along those lines in the GDT during a game, but you should know not to take those takes seriously, it’s literally stream of concscious posting from everyone. You have to recognize them for what they are, and that it is not the place for rational disourse. If you didn’t, I’ll tell you know, most of my in game posts are memes or knee jerk reactions (as are 90% of the posts). I mean people were calling for Sudfeld in the GDT last night, do I think those posters are idiots? Of course not. If they said the same thing now? That’s another story. 

You can call yourself whatever you want, but the fact is a majority of fans with no stake in this race have views that more align with mine. Does that make me right? Of course not, but that alone should be suffice to prove my stance does not stem from some irrational negativity

I take no issue with people disagreeing with me about the state of this team, but it’s no fun when you have people like yourself writing off perfectly valid opinions with a holier than thou attitude. 

and to be clear, this is my opinion:

Wentz’s incredible play covered up many of this offense’s flaws. Both of the coaches and players. Our WRs need to be thrown open or given 5s+ (broken play) to get open, our playcalling is predictable, the pass pro is fairly average. Our run game didn’t open up the pass game, it was vice versa. Without him, we are at best an average offense, probably closer to mediocre.

On defense, we simply are not great right now, and we NEED to be great to make a run. Giving up big plays, poor tackling, and by the looks of it, poor scheming. The bright spot, the lone bright spot, is that in 3 of their last 4 they did show up when their back was against the wall. We can’t survive with a bend don’t break defense when our offense is so pedestrian. 

In order to beat St. Louis, NO, Minny, I believe we will need both sides performing better than they have in weeks, and that is quite a lot to ask for, especially from an inexperienced staff. Without Wentz, this is an 8-8 caliber team. Could we go all the way? As I’ve said, anything is possible, but I do not count on it and have been very disappointed with just about everyone since Wentz went down. 

25 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Source? I’m sure I’ve said something along those lines in the GDT during a game, but you should know not to take those takes seriously, it’s literally stream of concscious posting from everyone. You have to recognize them for what they are, and that it is not the place for rational disourse. If you didn’t, I’ll tell you know, most of my in game posts are memes or knee jerk reactions (as are 90% of the posts). I mean people were calling for Sudfeld in the GDT last night, do I think those posters are idiots? Of course not. If they said the same thing now? That’s another story. 

You can call yourself whatever you want, but the fact is a majority of fans with no stake in this race have views that more align with mine. Does that make me right? Of course not, but that alone should be suffice to prove my stance does not stem from some irrational negativity

I take no issue with people disagreeing with me about the state of this team, but it’s no fun when you have people like yourself writing off perfectly valid opinions with a holier than thou attitude. 

and to be clear, this is my opinion:

Wentz’s incredible play covered up many of this offense’s flaws. Both of the coaches and players. Our WRs need to be thrown open or given 5s+ (broken play) to get open, our playcalling is predictable, the pass pro is fairly average. Our run game didn’t open up the pass game, it was vice versa. Without him, we are at best an average offense, probably closer to mediocre.

On defense, we simply are not great right now, and we NEED to be great to make a run. Giving up big plays, poor tackling, and by the looks of it, poor scheming. The bright spot, the lone bright spot, is that in 3 of their last 4 they did show up when their back was against the wall. We can’t survive with a bend don’t break defense when our offense is so pedestrian. 

In order to beat St. Louis, NO, Minny, I believe we will need both sides performing better than they have in weeks, and that is quite a lot to ask for, especially from an inexperienced staff. Without Wentz, this is an 8-8 caliber team. Could we go all the way? As I’ve said, anything is possible, but I do not count on it and have been very disappointed with just about everyone since Wentz went down. 

That post. Perfect. 

Your others? Head scratchers. 

On 12/26/2017 at 10:44 AM, eagles18 said:

Yep, I didn't think the pass pro was bad at all. Foles holds the ball for far too long and can't make a decision whereas Wentz was willing to throw guys like Alshon open.  It's gonna be a tough road with Foles, he still sucks.  Hopefully our defense can play at this level in the playoffs, but teams are going to have a lot more and better weapons than Amari Cooper. 

57 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Yep, I didn't think the pass pro was bad at all. Foles holds the ball for far too long and can't make a decision whereas Wentz was willing to throw guys like Alshon open.  It's gonna be a tough road with Foles, he still sucks.  Hopefully our defense can play at this level in the playoffs, but teams are going to have a lot more and better weapons than Amari Cooper. 

injured amari cooper *

Archived