Week 16 GDT: Oaklandless Raiders (6-8) @ Nickadelphia Eagles (12-2)

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Skittish Eagle fans be like:

Week 15: We're done. Foles sucks. Let's hope the D gets us through. 

Postgame: O.o

Week 16: We're done. Defense sucks. Let's hope Foles gets us through. 

Postgame:O.o

Week 17: Don't matter, we're gonna lose. Season over. 

well once carson got hurt our chances of doing anything went on IR with him. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

well once carson got hurt our chances of doing anything went on IR with him. 

It took a major blow yes. 

But these last two weeks prove that nothing's proven in this league. Especially with us. Foles looks magical, defense craps the bed last week.  Foles looks awful, defense plays much better this week. Outside of the Mills double move, Carr throws for under 100 yards. 

Are we favorites, hell no. But I'd like to see who our opponent is before writing off the season. I think we match up quite well with a few teams. And they HAVE to play in Philly now. Where we are undefeated this year. And 13-2 under Dougie. I'll give us a puncher's chance against anyone in the NFC. 

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It took a major blow yes. 

But these last two weeks prove that nothing's proven in this league. Especially with us. Foles looks magical, defense craps the bed last week.  Foles looks awful, defense plays much better this week. Outside of the Mills double move, Carr throws for under 100 yards. 

Are we favorites, hell no. But I'd like to see who our opponent is before writing off the season. I think we match up quite well with a few teams. And they HAVE to play in Philly now. Where we are undefeated this year. And 13-2 under Dougie. I'll give us a puncher's chance against anyone in the NFC. 

Is it possible to win an ugly game or two? yeah. But i mean I wouldn't bet on it. 

Good lord. Remind me to not share a foxhole with you guys. 

Keenum, Goff, Newton, Brees or Ryan scaring anyone? I'd rather not play Brees and that team but if the NFC is ripe for the taking, it's this year. If we get Brady or the Steelers, we're proper effed. But until then, I think we can beat any team they put in Philly. 

12 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Good lord. Remind me to not share a foxhole with you guys. 

Keenum, Goff, Newton, Brees or Ryan scaring anyone? I'd rather not play Brees and that team but if the NFC is ripe for the taking, it's this year. If we get Brady or the Steelers, we're proper effed. But until then, I think we can beat any team they put in Philly. 

I appreciate your optimism but the most terrifying QB is Nick Foles....

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I appreciate your optimism but the most terrifying QB is Nick Foles....

Agreed. We won't win any offensive games. We control their run games and grind them out with our run game, which we've done for most games this season, it can happen. 

I just don't understand all the pessimism. Now that it's playoff time, matchups dictate more now than ever. And I think we matchup well with a lot of teams. We'll have the advantage over any team coming to play a cold weather game in the northeast. The Saints are the only team I can say would probably beat us. But even then, as a dome team, it wouldn't be easy. There's chance for victory over anyone if Foles can just play average. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Agreed. We won't win any offensive games. We control their run games and grind them out with our run game, which we've done for most games this season, it can happen. 

I just don't understand all the pessimism. Now that it's playoff time, matchups dictate more now than ever. And I think we matchup well with a lot of teams. We'll have the advantage over any team coming to play a cold weather game in the northeast. The Saints are the only team I can say would probably beat us. But even then, as a dome team, it wouldn't be easy. There's chance for victory over anyone if Foles can just play average. 

Any given Sunday, but I would certainly not give the Eagles good odds of beating any teams in the NFC after the past two weeks.

Delusional Eagles fans be like

Week 15: We're fine, next man up. Carson may have been an MVP candidate, and our defense may look shaky... but who cares we are 11-2.

Postgame: It was a division game. Perfectly acceptable to allow 500 yards and 29 points to Eli and the 2 win Giants. Defense showed up in final 5 seconds, that's good enough.

Week 16: We're in great shape, Foles is fine replacement for Wentz and the defense will def bounce back now that they're home after that grueling 2 hour trip to MetLife.

Postgame: A win is a win. Oakland went 12-4 last year and you're bound to have a few stinkers. It was Christmas so you can't blame the offense for only getting 200 yards and the run D for getting gashed.

Week 17: 13-2, 1 seed, super bowl time.

14 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

The Eagles D has set such lofty expectations that 10 pts is way too much.

Yeah honestly they had a good outing, no way around that. Less than 300 yards and only 10 points despite lots of short fields for them. Our pass D and pass rush really stepped it up in the 2nd half. I think the fact that they did their damage on the ground, where we have so much pride, is why it feels like our D wasn't as good as they were.

Of course the problem then remains, if we can only score 13 on the Raiders defense, and allow anything to an offense lead by a Derek Carr playing like Dak Prescott on one leg, what will the Rams or Saints do to us? Much better run games than Oakland, which gashed us, plus good QBs to boot. Any given sunday is just about the only reason I can think of for having hope. Which is fine, but I am more than tired of us "pessimists" being labeled "skittish" or having our fandom questioned for calling it like it is. Every non-Eagles fan sees the same thing us "pessimists" do, so I'd venture to say it is the more objective take. 

Eli Manning managed to win 2 SBs, so obviously there's always a chance, but it'd be a pretty miraculous run, which by its' nature is not something any of us should/would expect.

Archived