53 Man Roster thread

Old Guy

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Was thinking the same thing.  He was anti awful when he played.  See if he clears waivers. 

He’s one of several QB3s that teams might go for. Also why I think any of our guys have a clear path to the PS. Gutey must have liked Willis enough not to wait til today’s cuts. 

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

He’s one of several QB3s that teams might go for. Also why I think any of our guys have a clear path to the PS. Gutey must have liked Willis enough not to wait til today’s cuts. 

I suspect he felt Willis would not have cleared waivers, and the Packers were too low on the waiver wire (25th) to get him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

I suspect he felt Willis would not have cleared waivers, and the Packers were too low on the waiver wire (25th) to get him. 

Yep.  It seems safe to assume that Willis is the guy GB decided to target of the QB's that seemed likely to be released.  I don't expect GB to add another QB from the outside.

6 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Definitely, but interesting that he valued him over Zappe and maybe DTR and other QBs who might get cut. We’ll see how many get cut and how many end up on new rosters by lunchtime. I’m just intrigued Willis was the target over some of the other guys and will be checking to see who got it right in the QB hand me down carousel. Willis only costing a 7th (hopefully final non compensatory) factored into it. 

Edited by Refugee

WR Samori Toure, per Adam Schefter
OT Caleb Jones, per Matt Schneidman
K Anders Carlson per Tom Pelissero
TE Joel Wilson per Bill Huber
WR Jalen Wayne per Tom Pelissero
TE Messiah Swinson, per Ryan Wood
T Luke Tenuta per Bill Huber

3 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

WR Samori Toure, per Adam Schefter
OT Caleb Jones, per Matt Schneidman
K Anders Carlson per Tom Pelissero
TE Joel Wilson per Bill Huber
WR Jalen Wayne per Tom Pelissero
TE Messiah Swinson, per Ryan Wood
T Luke Tenuta per Bill Huber

I’m getting ready for the second coming. 

• Like 2

It's early, but the report from Demovsky about the Packers feeling that they don't have the current No. 3 OT on the roster (if true) sends a slightly discouraging message about Jordan Morgan, right? I mean, are we already at the "he's an NFL Guard only" conclusion with him? It sure did not seem that way when the Packers drafted him, all the talk was about him challenging at LT or at worst, being the plug-n-play swing OT. That narrative seems to have completely vanished. I have no problem with drafting an OG late in the first round if he hits, and it seems that's what we did (if that's the case, we circle back to the question of whether it should have been Barton vs. Morgan, etc.). 

All of these questions will be answered in time, but I just find it interesting that more people on the Packers beat aren't talking about how Morgan seems to be a forgotten man at OT.