2018 Tank Watch

tonyto36

I looked through the teams that have a reasonable chance of getting the #1 pick and counted how many games they have left against teams that won't be trying to get in the playoffs (so the Hornets and every team with a worse record than the Hornets) and here's how many they have:

Magic - 11
Mavs - 10
Bulls - 10
Kings - 9
Grizzly - 9
Hawks - 6
Suns - 6

5 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

There's no way the Suns finish with a bottom-3 record.

According to basketball-reference.com, who simulate the rest of the season 7,500 times, the Suns have a 56% chance to finish with the worst record in the league (Gooooooooo SUNS!), just ahead of Sacramento.

If we lose both games to the Mavs and Hawks I would almost guarantee we finish with a top-3 worse record. 

32 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

If we lose both games to the Mavs and Hawks I would almost guarantee we finish with a top-3 worse record. 

They shouldn't lose to those teams if everyone is playing.  Payton will have some practices under his belt and Booker should be 100%.  From everything I've read they're committed to winning games down the stretch.  No "strategic resting" according to McDonough.

24 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

They shouldn't lose to those teams if everyone is playing.  Payton will have some practices under his belt and Booker should be 100%.  From everything I've read they're committed to winning games down the stretch.  No "strategic resting" according to McDonough.

I don't know why you would have confidence in winning those games. Payton came from one of those teams, he' not changing anything.

18 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't know why you would have confidence in winning those games. Payton came from one of those teams, he' not changing anything.

Payton is replacing what was the worst PG situation in the league.  Even if he's only average it's still a big upgrade.

41 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Payton is replacing what was the worst PG situation in the league.  Even if he's only average it's still a big upgrade.

Payton is a big upgrade, I agree with you, but we also have one of the hardest schedule's remaining.

We still have Golden State 3x, Cleveland 2x, LAC 2x, OKC 2x, New Orleans 2x, Boston, Houston, Utah, Miami. That's 15/23 games left that even if we went all out to try and win, will be very difficult to win.

http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

3.Atlanta .542
Six Toughest Opponents-Hou, GS(x2), Tor, Bos, Min
Six Easiest Opponents-Pho, Orl, Sac, Chi, Lal, Cha

4.Phoenix .534
Six Toughest Opponents-Hou, GS(x3), Bos, Cle
Six Easiest Opponents-Dal, Atl, Orl, Sac, Mem, Cha

14.Sacramento .507
Six Toughest Opponents-Hou, Gs(x2), Bos, Min, SA
Six Easiest Opponents-Pho, Dal, Atl, Orl, Mem, Bro

19.Dallas .487
Six Toughest Opponents-Hou, Tor, Cle, Min, Ind, Por