16 members have voted

1. 1. What grade would you give our draft

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I gave the class a B

As with any team's draft, a lot is going to hinge on how our top picks perform. I feel excited and confident w/ Latham holding a starting role for us (ideally at LT, but not end of world if he becomes RT), whereas Sweat reads a little more boom or bust to me. I feel, though, that if Sweat booms...that he may become the biggest difference maker from this draft class.

Latham in particular seems like a guy who'll wear a C patch one day for us, which you gotta love seeing.

Gray is an intriguing pick, and I'm glad we addressed the ILB position with a guy who has a legit chance (and expectation) to come in and play often+early

Rest of class reads as intriguing depth to me...hopefully Jackson earns and holds down the PR (and KR?) role. Think Brownlee will fit in our DB room well.

I can't knock investing early in the trenches...excited for training camp to start and hearing about how these guys perform

I gave it a C, average. There are parts I liked about it. Going down the line biggest need to next biggest need is always good, but I don’t like the individual picks as much.

Latham is a C. High floor OT, I thought better tackles were there, especially at 7 overall.

Sweat was a D. I don’t think he has the ceiling that guys like Vita Vea did. He’s not as athletic as them, and he’s got off the field concerns to go with on the field ones.

Gray is an A+. Big need, filled with a legitimate starter caliber player. Not a plus athlete, but that’s the only real knock on him as a player. I had him as the top LB in the class.

Brownlee I think is a B. We needed CB depth, and he’s a physical player, but he’s not got much upside either.

Jackson I gave a B+. Love the player, love the fit, but I think slightly better WRs were available.

Williams I gave a C. Don’t know too much about him, watched a little film, but a safety not playing safety didn’t seem like the biggest need, nor did he seem like the best player on the board. But it’s the seventh.

Harrell was another B+. Good player, some traits, fits a need for Edge depth.

I gave it a C+ in all honesty, reason being the front office seem to have faith in Burks, Phillips, & Chig because we didn’t go after any skill players early for my liking, but I see why & understand. The titans seem to at least wanna go by this offseason with a mindset in getting blue chip guys that fill a need & can hit the ground contributing. Seems that they’re trying to go about the best way  in building a competitive roster. Sure we all want Levi’s to have more weapons, but the reality is we have to supply the defense with some dogs in order for Wilson aggressive style to work. Sweat is a risk no doubt, though I talk a lot of sh!t about him & been hyping him up that’s me buying in. We didn’t address the edge as I hope, which is why I was hoping we trade down an get more draft picks, because we pretty much have nothing on the edge. I’m not a fan of key this most certainly may be landry last yr; I don’t see him making over 24 mill & barely is a 10 sack guy. I absolutely love the Latham & Gray picks. Finally we have a LB that’s not undersized & is capable of covering. Latham I have 0 doubts in, I feel he’s either going to be a prowl bowl LT or an all pro RT, same how I felt about Lewan when we drafted him. 
He’s a mauler with long arms & strong hands, I see Trent Williams flashes. 

Edited by TitanRedd

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I gave the class a B

As with any team's draft, a lot is going to hinge on how our top picks perform. I feel excited and confident w/ Latham holding a starting role for us (ideally at LT, but not end of world if he becomes RT), whereas Sweat reads a little more boom or bust to me. I feel, though, that if Sweat booms...that he may become the biggest difference maker from this draft class.

Latham in particular seems like a guy who'll wear a C patch one day for us, which you gotta love seeing.

Gray is an intriguing pick, and I'm glad we addressed the ILB position with a guy who has a legit chance (and expectation) to come in and play often+early

Rest of class reads as intriguing depth to me...hopefully Jackson earns and holds down the PR (and KR?) role. Think Brownlee will fit in our DB room well.

I can't knock investing early in the trenches...excited for training camp to start and hearing about how these guys perform

🗣my dawg 💪🏾

23 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

B-, C+. i’m a fan of latham and gray, sweat is incredibly boom or bust but the bust factor is absolutely huge, and the rest were just whatever.

Short & sweet down right accurate 

18 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m in the B-/C+ range.

I think what brings the grade down for me is the Sweat pick. Not trading back, when all the teams surrounding us were able to, then gambling on a high risk, high reward NT is something I’m just not a fan of.

I truly hope he plays up to his fullest potential because he’s extremely talented and it’ll have a huge overall effect on our defense.

27 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I think what brings the grade down for me is the Sweat pick. Not trading back, when all the teams surrounding us were able to, then gambling on a high risk, high reward NT is something I’m just not a fan of.

I truly hope he plays up to his fullest potential because he’s extremely talented and it’ll have a huge overall effect on our defense.

We probably could have had the Eagles trade up, which would have been:

#38, #106, and #146

For

#50, #53, and #161

I gave it a B. 
It doesn't feel like we walked away with top of the round talent in every round. But the daft itself wasn't a very shine one. 
When i first started watching LB's Gray was immediately my top choice followed by Cooper. Very thrilled with that pick.
I've said before my love of Lathum grew and grew as i watched him and knowing the Guy's info made me very confident he'd be the pick. 
Brownlee is a good pick. Fits what we trying to build. 
Jackson should have a roll.
James Williams is a wild card. Heavily recruited talent. Hoping we unleash his potential.
Don't know much about the Michigan pick, but Dig the positionally pick. 

It was a solid draft to me that hopefully produces some starters and long time role players. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I gave it a B. 
It doesn't feel like we walked away with top of the round talent in every round. But the daft itself wasn't a very shine one. 
When i first started watching LB's Gray was immediately my top choice followed by Cooper. Very thrilled with that pick.
I've said before my love of Lathum grew and grew as i watched him and knowing the Guy's info made me very confident he'd be the pick. 
Brownlee is a good pick. Fits what we trying to build. 
Jackson should have a roll.
James Williams is a wild card. Heavily recruited talent. Hoping we unleash his potential.
Don't know much about the Michigan pick, but Dig the positionally pick. 

It was a solid draft to me that hopefully produces some starters and long time role players. 

Ask the guy has he heard any thing in regards of Justin Simmons or any FA 💪🏾 

• Like 1