Eagles signing OT Mekhi Becton

Forge

7 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Dudes a beast if he can play more than 3 games. On that 1 yr "prove it" deal I see

I don't think he's very good regardless. Maybe there's a starting tackle there moving forward but I don't think it's a substantial upside

The hope is he will just be depth this year. They probably want him to play on the right side in case Lane misses time. They like Fred Johnson as the backup at LT.

I like letting Stout work with guys like this. Doubt it leads to anything long term, but it is always better to have the guy in your building then on another roster.

22 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Dudes a beast if he can play more than 3 games. On that 1 yr "prove it" deal I see

Becton in more than 3 games last year - 18 penalties, 12 sacks allowed

• Like 2

He was so good as a rookie. I know injuries destroy these giant dudes, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him have a resurgence if he can stay healthy (which is obviously the big if).

It's a great gamble for Philly.

• Like 1

Totally worth it, and I am sure if they like him he could be a replacement and be resigned for longer once Lane Johnson retires.  If any coach can get Becton on the right track it is Jeff Stoutland.

Eagles are killing it, get DeJean and Mitchell in the draft and then get Trotter Jr as well, signed Devin White and Saquon Barkley in the offseason and oh draft Johnny Wilson and Ainias Smith as well!  They are doing great work.  Totally makes up for the fact Jalen Hurts is not really a top 10 QB talent but that roster will be rock solid again especially with all of those fine additions.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Armbar said:

He was so good as a rookie. I know injuries destroy these giant dudes, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him have a resurgence if he can stay healthy (which is obviously the big if).

It's a great gamble for Philly.

Is it injuries, or is he another Jared Gaither?

2 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

Not true, he only missed 1 game last season. He was absolutely terrible. He was one of the reasons why the Jets OL was so bad, he got beat badly.

Now that doesn't mean that the Eagles can't get more out of him, he was pretty good as a rookie. And he has a real off-season to improve his game vs rehabbing a injury. I think its a good gamble for the Eagles and they might get more out of him. 

3 hours ago, Soko said:

Becton in more than 3 games last year - 18 penalties, 12 sacks allowed

That's crazy. Not gonna lie I stopped watching the Jets after Rodgers went down last year. I'm just surprised cause he looked good before.