2025 NFL Draft Thread

49 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I still like Sanders enough to take him in the 2nd round. But there are guys who have a higher upside in this class. Dart is one of them. Rocket arm

I usually agree with you, but this is wild. Lack of skill set aside, the kid is an entitled diva. He take no accountability for his play and instead throws his teammates under the bus. 

Bad leader, just okay athletically, average arm talent. This is day 3 stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I usually agree with you, but this is wild. Lack of skill set aside, the kid is an entitled diva. He take no accountability for his play and instead throws his teammates under the bus. 

I was willing to see how the year played out but his reaction after the Nebraska loss was shocking. Totally threw his oline and receivers under the bus. Took no responsibility for his poor play. 

Gratefully, there look to be other, better options

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Yeah I figured we'd disagree on Sanders. He definitely has some red flags, but I'd take a shot at him on day 2. I think we go QB in round 1 though so this will be a moot point.

On 9/8/2024 at 6:46 PM, ronjon1990 said:

We need a QB, but drafting for need is stupid. 

I say we grab another TE. No telling how amazing thos offense could look if we just ran 3 TEs all day long. Maybe Colston Loveland will be there as BPA. Why address the OL or QB before day 3? 

nah, we shouldve drafted the 7th QB in the first round, because it was our biggest need. 

On 9/8/2024 at 6:50 AM, big_palooka said:

Beck? Easy game this week, but he tossed 5 TDs in 3 quarters. Each to a different WR. 

Beck, Ewersm Dart - all looking the part early on. Allar looking solid as well.

im in on Beck as well, hes probably QB1 right now. I just really like Ewers and Dart personally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yeah I am very anti-Sanders too. We do not need that diva and his clown dad in Las Vegas.

Ewers, Beck, whoever, just get a high-end, franchise caliber QB. 

FWIW his "clown" dad is one of the best CB to ever play the game. I think Shedeur hate is warranted. Deion is just being a protective dad like Lavar Ball.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

FWIW his "clown" dad is one of the best CB to ever play the game. I think Shedeur hate is warranted. Deion is just being a protective dad like Lavar Ball.

He also is acting like a clown in his position with the school. All the stories coming out are not ideal. It’s ok to be a great player and not a great coach and right now he has shown nothing to say he has that potential other than building hype at a level that won’t be successful now that he’s at a power 5 conference level. 

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I know who Deion Sanders is lol. I also know the media circus, unwarranted hype train and enormous pressure that follows Shadeaur because of his father and the eyes and hate they bring on themselves.

I want no part of that near our team, especially in the city we play in.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

im in on Beck as well, hes probably QB1 right now. I just really like Ewers and Dart personally. 

Ewers is creeping up to QB 1 for me. He doesn’t get the credit for the impact he’s had on Texas. Plus, he has the whole Arch Manning situation, is handling it calmly and professionally and is playing lights out - in control, but with some really big throws and plays.

Beck is class too, but I just think Ewers has a bit more in the traits department…

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Ewers is creeping up to QB 1 for me. He doesn’t get the credit for the impact he’s had on Texas. Plus, he has the whole Arch Manning situation, is handling it calmly and professionally and is playing lights out - in control, but with some really big throws and plays.

Beck is class too, but I just think Ewers has a bit more in the traits department…

Ewers started hot last year, beat Alabama then had a lull until the end of the season. He needs to show that consistency this year after another hot start. He has the arm talent. Beck is the more cerebral player, quicker release and best QB throwing middle of field that I've seen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I know who Deion Sanders is lol. I also know the media circus, unwarranted hype train and enormous pressure that follows Shadeaur because of his father and the eyes and hate they bring on themselves.

I want no part of that near our team, especially in the city we play in.

Clown is a little harsh man 😂

• Like 1