2025 NFL Draft Thread

On 5/7/2024 at 8:42 AM, Humble_Beast said:

We going have a lot of free agents next year:

Jack Jones, Koonce, Moehrig, Epps, Hobbs, Deablo, 

i think a couple guys get taken care of before the season. 

12 minutes ago, Geezy said:

i think a couple guys get taken care of before the season. 

I would ink up Spillane on a fair 2 year, Moehrig and Koonce this summer. Let The rest play out they deal Jones, Hobbs, Epps, Deablo 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would ink up Spillane on a fair 2 year, Moehrig and Koonce this summer. Let The rest play out they deal Jones, Hobbs, Epps, Deablo 

Nah, I’d make an effort to keep them all.  keep the defense together as much as possible.  

Cheaper than waiting another year. Especially as we’re about to clear a ton come Jun 1st  when JG comes off the books.  I’d certainly prioritize Koonce before he gets really expensive. 

Only reason I wouldn’t is if we are prioritizing some sort of vet CB trade. 

39 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Nah, I’d make an effort to keep them all.  keep the defense together as much as possible.  

Cheaper than waiting another year. Especially as we’re about to clear a ton come Jun 1st  when JG comes off the books.  I’d certainly prioritize Koonce before he gets really expensive. 

Only reason I wouldn’t is if we are prioritizing some sort of vet CB trade. 

nobody does that, you are being a homer. Only a couple players on teams get extended before free agency. No way 7-8 players get extended this summer

24 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

nobody does that, you are being a homer. Only a couple players on teams get extended before free agency. No way 7-8 players get extended this summer

We’re going to have like 30 something mil come Jun 1st.  Of course everyone is not going to sign, suggesting such is rather idiotic. Why I quite clearly stated that I’d try to sign as many as I could…  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, 101Raider said:

We’re going to have like 30 something mil come Jun 1st.  Of course everyone is not going to sign, suggesting such is rather idiotic. Why I quite clearly stated that I’d try to sign as many as I could…  

Same feeling here. 

In b4 the annual "but look at all the cap space we have!" (only for it to go totally unused) comments though. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Same feeling here. 

In b4 the annual "but look at all the cap space we have!" (only for it to go totally unused) comments though. 

we might extend 1-2 guys and sign maybe 1-2 more guys. I dont expect a lot of action come June1st

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like next years class 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2025-nfl-draft-qb-rankings/

add in Riley Leonard and KJ Jefferson. Next year QB class is interesting 

Agreed. I think next years QB class could be very solid. We will probably have 4-5 1st QBs again. A lot of that list including Leonard and Jefferson will improve

15 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Agreed. I think next years QB class could be very solid. We will probably have 4-5 1st QBs again. A lot of that list including Leonard and Jefferson will improve

As of right now the only three I'd even consider potential FRPs are Sanders, Ewers, and Beck. The class looks weak

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

As of right now the only three I'd even consider potential FRPs are Sanders, Ewers, and Beck. The class looks weak

Nothing wrong with that belief 

I believe a few will improve and emerge into 1st rounders like Daniels, Nix and Penix did

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Any list w/ Mertz as the 5th best QB above people like Dart and Ewers should immediately be tossed in the trash

I haven’t seen it with Mertz at all. Both Dart and Ewers clears 

The sleeper QB of the draft next season is DJ Uiagalelei

He needs to improve in areas but he could certainly make the leap into round 1 territory 

Remember we are projecting these players without a year of improvement 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think it has some deep potential though. There's a few guys who have potential and were in some fairly iffy situations such as :

KJ Jefferson- had some major hype two years ago but Arkansas sucks. Transferred to UCF, where Dillon Gabriel was able to shine. Their move to the Big12 should allow him to show whether or not he has "it"

Cam Ward- probably not 1st round, but he's hovered in that Day 2 category we thought guys like Nix and Penix would fall into. Not sure about Miami's prospects overall, but The U > Washington St 10/10 times. 

DJU- Clemson has some serious issues. He looked meh. Then he looked really solid at Oregon St, but they were incredibly rrun-heavy. That said, he seemed to clean up a lot of the mistakes that plagued him at Clemson. The transfer to FSU should be a great platform for him to seriously boost his stock, and his raw tools are near Anthony Richardson level. 

Riley Leonard- talked about him before. Seems like what people hoped in Daniel Jones. His stock should boost simply by upgrading is surroundings from Duke to Notre Dame. 

Will Howard- He was good, considering Kansas State. If he wins the Ohio St job, that could make some.waves since they're not looking to put a nobody back there at QB. I don't know that 1 year would boost him terribly much, but we've seen some meteoric rises. If Howard gels and proves that K-State just didn't surround him with talent, his raw tools make his ceiling near limitless with a bit of refinement. 

Full disclosure, I wouldn't take any of these guys on day 1 as of today. I'm simply throwing out some guys who could be the next "out of nowhere" names to watch and wouldn't be surprised if they gained a lot of tread this season. They could also flop. We simply don't know yet. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2