1. 1. How would you rate him so far?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

10 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

KAM signed a 4 yr / $12M deal. 

That was my impression.  They weren't on 5-yr deals, they're on 4-yr deals.  And any extension will be done before the final year of the deal, which really shouldn't be unexpected...it's not like they've won a Super Bowl yet that guarantees they should be extended. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That was my impression.  They weren't on 5-yr deals, they're on 4-yr deals.  And any extension will be done before the final year of the deal, which really shouldn't be unexpected...it's not like they've won a Super Bowl yet that guarantees they should be extended. 

ownership has to keep them motivated to produce. complacency is not desired.

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

ownership has to keep them motivated to produce. complacency is not desired.

This is also problematic at times. Management could prioritize short term winning (to get their bag as a 'free agent'), and give up more (long term assets/picks) to acquire win-now veteran talent.

I'm fine with the Wilf's not entering negotiations with either KAM or KOC until at least next summer. It isn't like another team can swoop in and steal them away from us. Let year 3 run its course and reassess next summer at the earliest. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I can't imagine KAM is complacent with what he's done thus far. Complacency gets you fired in the NFL.

yes, i totally agree. i only wrote that to state it is always ownership's position, so that's why we're not seeing new contracts a year early.

• Like 1

To be honest if a HC & GM can't win a playoff game in their first contract I'm not sure why they should be extended at all.

I love KOC (& to a lesser extent KAM) but if they can't get a playoff win this year or next year then why would we extend them? 4 years is ample time to build a team that can win a single playoff game

• Like 2

2 hours ago, viking said:

To be honest if a HC & GM can't win a playoff game in their first contract I'm not sure why they should be extended at all.

I love KOC (& to a lesser extent KAM) but if they can't get a playoff win this year or next year then why would we extend them? 4 years is ample time to build a team that can win a single playoff game

While I don't disagree, I'm not sure it is quite as simple as that with what was inherited. KAM has done a masterful job working the cap and has shown signs of improvement with drafting.

Drafting JJ likely guarantees they'll get an extension that would carry all 3 through JJ's rookie contract - which would be a 3-year extension after the 2025 season if my math is right. Obviously a lot can happen in just one year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, viking said:

Context always matters...the Cousins/JJ injuries last year.

I don't think it's as cut and dry as whether they win a playoff game or not.  It's about what you actually see.  I think when they went 13-4 in their first year, that had an effect on the plan that they had going into that season, putting off the "rebuild" part for a year.  This year will be more telling on where they're going because this is the start of the real rebuild portion. 

• Like 1

Kwesi’s plan has taken place just like he said it would. Kwesi said it was going to be a “competitive rebuild”, and that’s what they’ve done. The team was competitive during the first two years while the front office made moves to move on from bloated or bad contracts. Now comes the rebuild. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

While I don't disagree, I'm not sure it is quite as simple as that with what was inherited. KAM has done a masterful job working the cap and has shown signs of improvement with drafting.

Drafting JJ likely guarantees they'll get an extension that would carry all 3 through JJ's rookie contract - which would be a 3-year extension after the 2025 season if my math is right. Obviously a lot can happen in just one year.

Yep not fully cut and dry as 0 playoff wins = no extension but I do think in all businesses part of your performance has to be graded off something quantitive.