How would you rate him so far?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate him so far?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Why are people so down on his 2nd draft? Addison was an excellent pick and Blackmon was a solid player for a 3rd round pick and he got a stud  UDFA. The rest were depth pieces with potential and its hard to expect much more than that from 4th and later drafted rookies

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Why are people so down on his 2nd draft? Addison was an excellent pick and Blackmon was a solid player for a 3rd round pick and he got a stud  UDFA. The rest were depth pieces with potential and its hard to expect much more than that from 4th and later drafted rookies

I think attitudes will change if Blackmon continues to progress and Jaq Roy can win a starting spot on the DL.

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

what a despicable comment.

modern athletes aren't ancient Roman gladiators for our entertainment to revel in their pain and misfortune if they've fallen out of favor. having such an attitude today is barbaric and tasteless.

Oh please.  Chill out and have some grace. Why assume the worst?  He wasn't reveling in anyone's pain or misfortune. He wasn't rooting for Cousins to get hurt. He didn't say he was happy Cousins got hurt.  He was saying that a hypothetical alternative reality is something that he doesn't like and driving home how much he doesn't like that alternative, that again, isn't real.

I find twisting what he was saying into suggesting he was reveling in anyone's pain and misfortune to be the more despicable comment.  Don't be a Joe Buck. Making someone feel like an unwelcome visitor in a sundown town is not the answer.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

"Makes me glad that Cousins got hurt just thinking about it."

i'm pretty sure he did.

Taking things out of context so that you can be outraged. Why? That was not saying he was happy Cousins was hurt. It was saying he was happy that the hypothetical alternative reality didn't come to pass. Why assume the worst of intentions?

That's a disgusting act.

Edited to add:

Why not just ask him.  Mr. @Magnus-Viktor were you saying that you were happy Cousins got hurt or were you saying you were happy with the result that happened?  You are happier with our, you know, current reality than with the hypothetical reality to which you were responding.  That's what I thought you were saying, but there are alternative explanations.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Taking things out of context so that you can be outraged. Why? That was not saying he was happy Cousins was hurt. It was saying he was happy that the hypothetical alternative reality didn't come to pass. Why assume the worst of intentions?

That's a disgusting act.

Edited to add:

Why not just ask him.  Mr. @Magnus-Viktor were you saying that you were happy Cousins got hurt or were you saying you were happy with the result that happened?  You are happier with our, you know, current reality than with the hypothetical reality to which you were responding.  That's what I thought you were saying, but there are alternative explanations.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, of course that's what I meant.  I'm glad he's gone.  I never cared for him, but I didn't hate the guy as I do some.  I wish he'd left without these circumstances, rather than having to be injured to get to that point.  It's not like he had a Dennis Byrd or Ryan Shazier type injury that ended his career or paralyzed him or ruined his quality of life or anything like that.  He had an Achilles, at 35 years old, after making hundreds of millions of dollars without winning anything when it matters, and then proceeded to sign for another $180 million from the next sucker team.  Sorry if I don't have too much sympathy for him!  If that injury is what it took to finally move on and draft a real QB, and use the cap space more wisely to put together a competent, complete team, so be it.  

I blew my knee out playing football freshman year of college:  ACL, MCL, PCL, meniscus....all shredded.  That was the end of my athletic days.  It happens.  I had a cousin who started at a D1 powerhouse in the 90s blow his knees out 3 times, and never got a shot at the NFL as a result (Cowboys and Jaguars both told him they were gonna take him, but in the end the knee scared them off).  

Responses/reactions like that, are part of the reason I quit posting here 4 years ago.  Same guy was doing it back then too.  The global moderator parading around as the morality police and thinking he needed to weigh in on anything and everything in a condescending manner.  Imagine that.  At least he's no longer a global moderator anymore!  

Edited by Magnus-Viktor
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Responses/reactions like that, are part of the reason I quit posting here 4 years ago.  Same guy was doing it back then too.  The global moderator parading around as the morality police and thinking he needed to weigh in on anything and everything in a condescending manner.  Imagine that.  At least he's no longer a global moderator anymore!  

lol. it's always been funny to me that the guys who feel others are condescending are the typically the worst at it themselves.

several others agreed with me that your post was in poor taste, i wasn't the only one. i have a right to state my opinions too, and i never stated that you couldn't state yours. feel free to post whatever you like, even in the chest puffing manner you did, but don't expect others to let it fly unchallenged.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

lol. it's always been funny to me that the guys who feel others are condescending are the typically the worst at it themselves.

several others agreed with me that your post was in poor taste, i wasn't the only one. i have a right to state my opinions too, and i never stated that you couldn't state yours. feel free to post whatever you like, even in the chest puffing manner you did, but don't expect others to let it fly unchallenged.

Pot - Kettle.  

Fair enough.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Hey guys what's your thoughts on Kwesi starting season 3?

i think he's done well and is obviously improving. i'm also impressed by the exactness of his planning along with O'Connell's in developing McCarthy with a defined benchmark approach.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Pot - Kettle.  

Fair enough.  

At least when people disagree with you, it's a lot less hateful than what you find elsewhere with people call you a bleeping moron and don't know how anyone could love you with such viewpoints.  🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

At least when people disagree with you, it's a lot less hateful than what you find elsewhere with people call you a bleeping moron and don't know how anyone could love you with such viewpoints.  🤣

Yeah, that's not hateful at all.  

Is the Vikings roster being slept on by fans and people around the league? Or are we as Vikings fan overly optimistic about the roster?

Everywhere I go i see people say the Vikings arent close to contending or we have a bad roster and i dont really agree with that and just wanted other peoples opinions. I think were closer then people think but maybe thats my homer glasses on because i dont think we are THAT far away, still some work to do of course but not nearly as bad as others seem to think.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Is the Vikings roster being slept on by fans and people around the league? Or are we as Vikings fan overly optimistic about the roster?

Everywhere I go i see people say the Vikings arent close to contending or we have a bad roster and i dont really agree with that and just wanted other peoples opinions. I think were closer then people think but maybe thats my homer glasses on because i dont think we are THAT far away, still some work to do of course but not nearly as bad as others seem to think.

it's definitely a pertinent question, and i see it in others' grading of our draft too. even @goldfishwars has us at the 23rd best rank.

it's because people are looking at what we have or what we have produced so far, and Viking fans are looking at our potential.