Build the Ideal Coaching Staff [Round 1]

WindyCity

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The only guys I would look at right now are LaFleur, Nagy, DeFillipo, Carmichael, McDaniel, Reich...

Weirdly the guy I like the most in terms of his ability and the potential staff he can put together is still Todd Haley...him with Mike Munchak as assistant HC/OL...Tom Clements as OC...Carnell Lake as DC...that would be pretty awesome.

Todd Haley is another guy that almost nobody talks about as a legit HC candidate and who we shouldn't sleep on. Good idea to at least interview him.

Just now, topwop1 said:

Todd Haley is another guy that almost nobody talks about as a legit HC candidate and who we shouldn't sleep on. Good idea to at least interview him.

I think the toughness and almost arrogance he brings is what is needed here...also helps he comes from a fantastic franchise in the Steelers.

16 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

There will be action on him this offseason. As much as I'm sure he likes working with Wentz, given that his coaching contract is up, I don't see him resigning with Philly to continue to be their QB coach.

This was my point when I first brought him up, plus if he goes to OC and Reich becomes a HC he would have to match Wentz's production or it could have a negative impact on his HC opportunities if there is even a slight drop. That's a hell of a demand with how stellar Wentz was playing.

10 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I don't want him as the HC, but due in process I completely agree with you. He warrants an interview.

The big thing I look at between Arians and Haley in their time in PIT was that Haley protects Ben more with his playcalling. Arians runs a lot of long developing routes, but his QBs routinely get beat down. Haley is aggressive but mixes it up more with short and intermediate routes, but Ben knows he has Brown and no one can cover him for long, and he is more than willing to take a hit for a chance at a big play.

HC - Dowell Logins - He checks all the Pace Boxes. Young offensive minded head coach with play calling experience and he can offer something no else can.  Continuity.  Mitch wouldn't have to learn a new system and he can build upon his rookie season as oppose to starting from scratch.  He also can blame Fox for everything.  Dowell wanted to open up the offense but Fox prevented Dowell from doing it narrative can be played. 

ap16211706528780-e1470267878502.jpg?qual   

OC - Joe Lombardi - current saints QB coach.  Was the OC in Detroit for a short time before coming back to the saints.  Fits the vision that Ryan Pace has.

joe-lombardi.jpg 

QB - Dave Rogan - Once again continuity. 

Dave-Ragone-696x431.jpg

DC - Ed Donatell - Vic rides off into the sunset.  Ed is a worthy replacement.

donatell.jpg

What If this happens

13 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think the toughness and almost arrogance he brings is what is needed here...also helps he comes from a fantastic franchise in the Steelers.

I have heard from multiple NFL beat guys that he will probably never get an interview again after the issues in KC.

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

HC - Dowell Logins - He checks all the Pace Boxes. Young offensive minded head coach with play calling experience and he can offer something no else can.  Continuity.  Mitch wouldn't have to learn a new system and he can build upon his rookie season as oppose to starting from scratch.  He also can blame Fox for everything.  Dowell wanted to open up the offense but Fox prevented Dowell from doing it narrative can be played. 

ap16211706528780-e1470267878502.jpg?qual   

OC - Joe Lombardi - current saints QB coach.  Was the OC in Detroit for a short time before coming back to the saints.  Fits the vision that Ryan Pace has.

joe-lombardi.jpg 

QB - Dave Rogan - Once again continuity. 

Dave-Ragone-696x431.jpg

DC - Ed Donatell - Vic rides off into the sunset.  Ed is a worthy replacement.

donatell.jpg

What If this happens

This actually sounds plausible, but it kills us in the FA market. Nobody is going to want to come play for Dowell Loggains

20 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Dowell's offense really does suck.

Its all Fox holding the genius that is Dowell Loggins back.  I think Pace could buy what Dowell is selling.  After all Pace has to think highly of him to bring him back after the disaster that was the 2016 season to run the show again in 2017

7 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Its all Fox holding the genius that is Dowell Loggins back.  I think Pace could buy what Dowell is selling.  After all Pace has to think highly of him to bring him back after the disaster that was the 2016 season to run the show again in 2017

2016 they at least produced with Barkley at QB.

If Loggains is promoted or even kept Pace should be fired shortly after Loggains is fired by George.

Archived