2024 Vikings 53-Man "Final" Roster

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Very interesting that we’re less than 2 hours from the cut deadline, and Justin Hall is the only WR to have been reported cut. 

With Gaskins and Kene getting cut, I won’t be shocked if there’s 7 WRs on the initial 53 man roster. 

I could see there being some funky numbers for a day or 2 while they make claims on other players

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

I wonder if they'll just treat Ham as a traditional RB. IIRC they were putting him back there as a solo back occasionally anyways.

He was originally a RB...he only became a FB to keep a spot on the roster as he was buried behind Adrian, Asiata and McKinnon.  He ended up replacing Zach Line the next season, who moved on to New Orleans (and is now the HC of his HS football team).   

Edited by swede700

The thing I think about with final cuts, the 53 man roster, and PS is that it is a strategic game.  It isn't necessarily about getting the top 53 on the roster, but which guys you can get/want on the 78.  That goes not just for the Viking guys, but other guys that can be poached off other rosters.  For example, If teams wanted vets like Gaskins, McCain or Shelley, they probably would have signed them in the off season.  So chances are good they could bring them back on the PS if they wanted.  To loose some of the late rounders or UDFAs, another team will have to like them enough to put them on their own 53, so I think players like Roy, Gant, and Carter  are likely safe.  

The release of King Kene suggests the team doesn't value him enough as a KR, have some other RB3 targets, or can get him back thru waivers.  Richter and Robinson, for me, would be the toughest players to lose.  Richter is the victim of a deep edge group and the team probably wants more of a veteran backup on the IOL with Igram's inconsistent play and Risner's back/IR.

Kwesi did well reading the draft and waiting for McCarthy, so I am hopeful that he has done the same in getting the guys he wants on the roster.

• Like 4

Just now, swede700 said:

But he may not be on the roster long if they claim a RB. 

If they claim a RB, I’m not sure a defensive player is going to be the odd man out. 

With Jones and Chandler set as RB1 and RB2, I think it’s more likely that they get someone onto their practice squad and elevate them for the first couple of games.