2024 Vikings 53-Man "Final" Roster

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

They are similar in that regard no question athletically, as both shorter compact LBs that can get great penetration but Pace Jr had way more range and versatility in college and was more of a typical ILB and played inside a lot  Seems like Richter was just an edge guy where Pace came from all over and had far more tackles than Richter ever had.

In two years at Cincinnati Pace Jr had more solo tackles than Richter had total tackles his entire career.  Pace Jr in his last two years of college had 262 total tackles, Richter had 85 total tackles in his entire three year career.

So in that regard they are totally different and the awareness/vision to find the football Pace Jr had Richter does not have at this point.  Great pickup though but depending on how things turnout Richter might stay at edge unless he can show he has the awareness to play ILB.  Either way awesome pickup so that would be four this year very promising UDFAs and possibly could add two more to the list maybe to make it 6.  Great way to build much needed depth especially after losing so many draft picks this past year and next year.  

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

could someone please post the roster of what it as on the day Kwesi became GM? thanks.

could be cool to compare.

Bradbury, Brandel, Bynum, Darrisaw, DePaola,  Ham, Jefferson, Jones II, Metellus, O’Neill, and Smith are the only holdovers remaining. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Bradbury, Brandel, Bynum, Darrisaw, DePaola,  Ham, Jefferson, Jones II, Metellus, O’Neill, and Smith are the only holdovers remaining. 

That's a lot less than I'd thought! A whole new team, in two years, basically?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

That's a lot less than I'd thought! A whole new team, in two years, basically?

Yeah. And this is likely the last year for Bradbury, DePaola, Ham, Jones II, and Smith. 

And we’ll see what they do with Cam Bynum. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

That does seem like a massive turnover as if Kwesi is making such huge changes but in that time span I think it is pretty common in the NFL.  One also has a have new HC and new coordinators as well that want to bring in their guys. 

But just look at the Bears with Ryan Poles hired as a new GM for them at the same time Kwesi was hired 2022, bringing in a new staff with Eberflus etc.  Below are their returning players since the change still on the roster, even less than the Vikings unless I missed some.  

Cole Kmet, Larry Borom, Jaylon Johnson, Teven Jenkins, Patrick Scales

Posted (edited)

That makes me feel better about Griffin.

I think Blackmon is the NB, and Evans or Booth get traded/cut...or both go.

Murphy

Griffin

Blackmon

Jackson

McGlothern 

Thompson 

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 1

@swede700 pushing Asamoah talk here.

He's proven next to nothing, if any of those young players have a better camp they should make the team. I have no idea if they're keeping 4 ILBs or not. I would guess it would be Cashman, Pace, KGH (?), and ???.

• Like 1

A lot of it is going to come down to special teams, as the 3rd/4th string almost always does. And with the new kickoff rules, I think a lot of us who’ve been predicting rosters for a while are going to be a little surprised at who’s kept and who’s not. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

So these IDL are probably the realistic players fighting for 5 spots. Who's your 5 right now?

Harrison Phillips

Jaquelin Roy

Jerry Tillery

Levi Drake Rodriguez

Jonathan Bullard

Jonah Williams

James Lynch

Jihad Ward

14 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Phillips, Roy, Bullard, Ward ... probably Tillery with LDR on the practice squad. 

Moving this question to the roster prediction thread.

I'd say Phillips is the only one guaranteed to make the roster.

I think I'd like to see the following; Phillips, Roy, Tillery, Bullard, and Lynch/LDR.

Jonah seems to light to me but they signed him for a reason. I'm unsure if Ward is a DL or and EDGE, he's a huge EDGE if that's where they want him. Another position group where the cream should rise to the top.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Moving this question to the roster prediction thread.

I'd say Phillips is the only one guaranteed to make the roster.

I think I'd like to see the following; Phillips, Roy, Tillery, Bullard, and Lynch/LDR.

Jonah seems to light to me but they signed him for a reason. I'm unsure if Ward is a DL or and EDGE, he's a huge EDGE if that's where they want him. Another position group where the cream should rise to the top.

Phillips, Roy and Bullard are guaranteed to make the roster.  Bullard definitely because he was their best DL last year.  After those 3, it's a crapshoot.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1