The playoffs!

2 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Brees is a HOFer and lead them back from a 17-0 deficit in the blink of an eye.  It wouldn't have been a cakewalk with the Saints like you're suggesting.  Neither will be, in fact.  Either way, it will be a slugfest for us.  I think we can both agree that we just want a W and trip back to the Superb Owl.

Never said a cakewalk. I said I'd be more confident against NO

Just that one half isn't going to change my mind about Brees. Because there's 17.5 games of tape this year where he didn't play like the amazing QB you're making him out to be. 

2 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

They’re incredibly cocky on here. I hope the players are thinking the same way, love being the underdogs especially on our own field 

The only reason i haven't rooted against Minny is because they, like us, are a pretty tortured franchise.

But yeah their fans are going to be super obnoxious this week.

And I'm glad that they won the way they did. Because once again , I am fairly certain that most of the media and Public will be writing us off 

Just now, BAConrad said:

The only reason i haven't rooted against Minny is because they, like us, are a pretty tortured franchise.

But yeah their fans are going to be super obnoxious this week.

And I'm glad that they won the way they did. Because once again , I am fairly certain that most of the media and Public will be writing us off 

Going to be hearing that the Vikings will be in their home  stadium for the super bowl alllll week haha

Just now, RBreezy said:

Going to be hearing that the Vikings will be in their home  stadium for the super bowl alllll week haha

And of course noone will mention that the game to get there will be outside in Philly either. 

Our team actually has been feeding off the underdog thing. So I really hope everyone counts us out again.

Does anyone else think Keenum is not much better than Foles? To me they are both mediocre QBs, Case definitely has the edge in terms of pocket awareness and mobility right now, but the former can be chalked up a bit to the fact he's been playing with starts nearly the whole year. They both need a steady platform to get throws off, otherwise they look like they have very weak arms, they're rhythm passers. Take away their anomaly seasons (2013 Foles, 2017 Keenum)* and the stats are very similar. They performed identically poor in Fisher's system. I consider him a capable QB in an ideal system, who is just feeling it at the moment. This is the primary reason I think I slightly preferred the Minny matchup, I trust our defense against Keenum more than Brees, and I think either way we would hold the run game in check.

*I know Vikings fans will take issue with calling this an anomaly season for Case, and I don't blame them, I would do the same until proven otherwise. Also not exactly apple to apple to comparison when you could say Keenum is in the midst of said "anomaly" season, where as Foles is well removed from his. 

This is not me talking up Foles in any way, that 1st half is still very fresh in my mind, it's just talking down Keenum big time. Perhaps a bit too harsh, but I just don't see a stark difference, besides the mobility, when I watch him, nor do I see anything above a solid QB.

Just now, 808 said:

Really hope that instead of just Lane and Long, the whole team buys the dog masks. 

Imagine after winning if every player on our team was wearing those. As well as Lurie while he dances like last night only on the field 

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Does anyone else think Keenum is not much better than Foles? To me they are both mediocre QBs, Case definitely has the edge in terms of pocket awareness and mobility right now, but the former can be chalked up a bit to the fact he's been playing with starts nearly the whole year. They both need a steady platform to get throws off, otherwise they look like they have very weak arms, they're rhythm passers. Take away their anomaly seasons (2013 Foles, 2017 Keenum)* and the stats are very similar. They performed identically poor in Fisher's system. I consider him a capable QB in an ideal system, who is just feeling it at the moment. This is the primary reason I think I slightly preferred the Minny matchup, I trust our defense against Keenum more than Brees, and I think either way we would hold the run game in check.

*I know Vikings fans will take issue with calling this an anomaly season for Case, and I don't blame them, I would do the same until proven otherwise. Also not exactly apple to apple to comparison when you could say Keenum is in the midst of said "anomaly" season, where as Foles is well removed from his. 

You are right in that this is probably an anomaly year, but Keenum is playing way better right now then Foles is. That said, I always preferred playing the Vikings over the Saints, and if anything this game reinforced why I believed that. Brees would have shred our DBs apart, Keenum won't. If we can force him into making mistakes and shut down the run, we will be in the game.

Archived