FF Survivor 4: Reading Votes. Slowly.

7 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Come on in, Whicker's Bickers.

112407_28800b3_copy.jpg?w=928

Welcome, Whicker's Bickers, to the game's first tribal council. The eight of you will vote a player off the island and out of the game. Players voted out will have a few moments to say game related stuff. After their initial departure, they're more than welcome to hang around and jeer from off the island, but cannot divulge any game related information afterwards. 

And remember... Jeff can comment on anything he picks up from in the thread. He will never reveal diary information nor hint at it. He will ask tough questions or odd questions every tribal council. Players are encouraged to respond. 

Whicker,

Things got pretty heated there. You showed a fiery passion. Is that the kind of energy you bring to grocery shopping back home? Because I could see you shouting at an old couple who walks wide rather than single file down the condiment aisle.

Touch… Do you think your frustration with Nazgul is warranted, or was it maybe just one of those things where for some reason all sense makes no sense?

TedLavie, disappointed more so in your tribe or in the grueling nature of the challenge?

Forge, what are your thoughts on all this?

Slappy… Frankly my dear, I think you should have led with crocodile. 

Orca - Pickle - Do you feel safer or less secure heading into this first tribal council given your relation?

Nazgul - Have you never played Mario Kart?

With that, it is time to vote. Deadline to vote is Sunday 11:59 PM central time. I will reveal the votes early if we get them early, but I will NOT pressure players to make their votes, nor will I send reminders. 

Failure to vote by the very generous deadline will result in punishments that might stay with you for a while. 

Votes can be changed until all votes are in or until the deadline. 

@Whicker, @theuntouchable, @TedLavie, @Forge, @Slappy Mc, @The Orca, @Pickle Rick, @Nazgul

100% warranted. If someone comes out with some obscure term that you don’t know, you google it and go with the first result. 

You don’t guess a living creature that would not fit into the category of things. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Come on in, Whicker's Bickers.

112407_28800b3_copy.jpg?w=928

Welcome, Whicker's Bickers, to the game's first tribal council. The eight of you will vote a player off the island and out of the game. Players voted out will have a few moments to say game related stuff. After their initial departure, they're more than welcome to hang around and jeer from off the island, but cannot divulge any game related information afterwards. 

And remember... Jeff can comment on anything he picks up from in the thread. He will never reveal diary information nor hint at it. He will ask tough questions or odd questions every tribal council. Players are encouraged to respond. 

Whicker,

Things got pretty heated there. You showed a fiery passion. Is that the kind of energy you bring to grocery shopping back home? Because I could see you shouting at an old couple who walks wide rather than single file down the condiment aisle.

Touch… Do you think your frustration with Nazgul is warranted, or was it maybe just one of those things where for some reason all sense makes no sense?

TedLavie, disappointed more so in your tribe or in the grueling nature of the challenge?

Forge, what are your thoughts on all this?

Orca - Pickle - Do you feel safer or less secure heading into this first tribal council given your relation?

Nazgul - Have you never played Mario Kart?

With that, it is time to vote. Deadline to vote is Sunday 11:59 PM central time. I will reveal the votes early if we get them early, but I will NOT pressure players to make their votes, nor will I send reminders. 

Failure to vote by the very generous deadline will result in punishments that might stay with you for a while. 

Votes can be changed until all votes are in or until the deadline. 

@Whicker, @theuntouchable, @TedLavie, @Forge, @Slappy Mc, @The Orca, @Pickle Rick, @Nazgul

I wasn't aware I was supposed to be thinking. My bad. 

This is a tough one. 

Some frustrations clearly bubbled over. I feel like I'm just starting to get to know some of my tribe mates. We had some rotten luck in that first challenge, but I do think everyone did a reasonably good job

14 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Jeff,
If that last challenge was an indication of your idea of balanced, I think I would be better off hyphenating multiple words, or I guess the name of a cousin/actor since the goal wasn't to give clues to get the answer, but a work around. You also did my pairing a disservice that every password had a direct link from one to the other. Not to mention the fact that the other team had two one word answers. I digress, I ultimately performed the worst and accept my fate. If allowed to stay, I will "play the game" better since I am more aware of how other participants are choosing to interpret rules. I will absolutely be better prepared if another password game comes up.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Sounds like you are getting scapegoated for the loss, slappy

My pairing put us in a 2-0 hole. I also have a misunderstanding because the host doesn't follow his own time schedule. That said, my heat is warranted and I accept that I was probably the worst player in that round.

On 5/3/2024 at 11:10 AM, MacReady said:

Monday - Reward challenge Posted 
Wednesday - Reward challenge results, Immunity Challenge Posted.
Saturday - Immunity challenge results.
Monday - Tribal council, player sent home, repeat.

On 5/6/2024 at 4:46 AM, MacReady said:

Speaking of the first Immunity Challenge, I have posted the first Immunity Challenge on the Look Ahead post on the first page.

He has already posted Tribal Council too. Guy would have been better off just telling us he does what he wants and not posting a schedule.

Edited by Slappy Mc

10 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Jeff,
If that last challenge was an indication of your idea of balanced, I think I would be better off hyphenating multiple words, or I guess the name of a cousin/actor since the goal wasn't to give clues to get the answer, but a work around. You also did my pairing a disservice that every password had a direct link from one to the other. Not to mention the fact that the other team had two one word answers. I digress, I ultimately performed the worst and accept my fate. If allowed to stay, I will "play the game" better since I am more aware of how other participants are choosing to interpret rules. I will absolutely be better prepared if another password game comes up.

Every challenge is different, but every challenge will likely have its own trials and tribulations.

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

My pairing put us in a 2-0 hole. I also have a misunderstanding because the host doesn't follow his own time schedule.

He has already posted Tribal Council too. Guy would have been better off just telling us he does what he wants and not posting a schedule.

This one was a little different since the results were clearly visible.

That was also a guideline, not set in stone.

Frankly, I’ve been surprised at how quickly players have been submitting their moves and responding when necessary. The players have been ahead of Jeff, and that is not normal.

Early on, there’s not much sense in delaying things for the sake of showmanship. As players get more invested in their games and closer to a potential win, I’ll force things to slow down in order to build anticipation and suspense.

Some challenges will go by quicker than others. Those were the deadlines, but not necessarily the delivery times I suppose.

All I can promise is I won’t rush the players. If the players move things along at their pace, I’ll adapt to the players.

• Like 2

Every challenge is different, but every challenge will likely have its own trials and tribulations.

Probably should run the balance past a 3rd party. Have the screen writers look over it or something. Maybe put down the bottle, stop smoking crack or at least wear some pants for once.

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Probably should run the balance past a 3rd party. Have the screen writers look over it or something. Maybe put down the bottle, stop smoking crack or at least wear some pants for once.

It's more fun this way. 

I make up most of the challenges. I'd say 70% of them turn out fine, 20% have small hiccups, 10% are unmitigated disasters.

We just consider the unmitigated disasters really, really, really grueling physical challenges like Survivor has. 

This one always had the highest potential for failure. Any of them like this always lead to this sort of thing. 20 questions or anything like it always, always, always leads to this.

The rest of them look promising as far as the controversy angle.

• Like 2

It's more fun this way. 

I make up most of the challenges. I'd say 70% of them turn out fine, 20% have small hiccups, 10% are unmitigated disasters.

We just consider the unmitigated disasters really, really, really grueling physical challenges like Survivor has. 

This one always had the highest potential for failure. Any of them like this always lead to this sort of thing. 20 questions or anything like it always, always, always leads to this.

The rest of them look promising as far as the controversy angle.

i-dont-believe-you.gif

• Like 2

• MacReady changed the title to FF Survivor 4: Reading Votes. Slowly.