Aaron Rodgers Back to the IR.

gopherwrestler

They broke the rules. Anyone saying otherwise is wrong.

End of the day though, who freaking cares. The fact that people are legit arguing that Rodgers should go to waivers is a joke. They could have just kept him on the active roster and the end result would be the exact same. 

47 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

They broke the rules. Anyone saying otherwise is wrong.

End of the day though, who freaking cares. The fact that people are legit arguing that Rodgers should go to waivers is a joke. They could have just kept him on the active roster and the end result would be the exact same. 

Actually anyone saying they did is wrong. We know this because the league allowed it. i.e. said it was not a violation of the rules.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Actually anyone saying they did is wrong. We know this because the league allowed it. i.e. said it was not a violation of the rules.

It is literally a violation of the rule. Just because the league decided to ignore the rules, doesn't mean that they didn't break it.

If an OT holds a DE and doesn't get called for it, did he break the rules? Yes, he just didn't get penalized.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It is literally a violation of the rule. Just because the league decided to ignore the rules, doesn't mean that they didn't break it.

If an OT holds a DE and doesn't get called for it, did he break the rules? Yes, he just didn't get penalized.

No it literally is not and that analogy doesn't work at all.

The league could have said 'no you can't place him on IR because that is a violation of the rule."

Instead they said "yes this is ok and is not in violation of the rule." They actively allowed it. 

11 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Can't believe that I'm even falling for your poor attempt at baiting here.

So criticizing the Packers for breaking the rules and stating that the NFL should follow through with the process and punishments put in place by their own rules is considered trolling now huh? Get the hell out of here with that immature BS.

If there is anyone trolling here it's you. So to put it in your own words; your terrible attempt at trolling by trying incite another member is terrible and you should feel terrible about it

Do you understand what trolling is?  It's posting with the intent of inciting a response.  Your initial post is exactly that.  There is absolutely NOTHING that warrants anything near the suggestion for punishment you suggested originally, so I'm not sure what your suggestion was anything other than a feeble attempt at trolling.  Criticizing the Packers for breaking the rules and being punished is one thing.  Making an example out of them and then something is teetering on trolling.  Being forced to release Aaron Rodgers is overkill in terms of punishment, but you think they need to be fined and docked draft picks as well?  Again, if you've got something besides "they're the Packers" as a legitimate reason why they Packers should be punished further we might have a viable discussion.  Until then, this isn't anything other than someone with a petty grudge.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

What's more likely, the NFL willingly ignored their own rules OR the NFL found no wrongdoing on behalf of the Packers?  This is comical the level of conspiracy theory that seems to be going on here.  EVERY single NFL team has done exactly what is being criticized here.

2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

You think the league office and NFL teams put this rule in place to protect young players most of whom won't even make it in the league? The NFLPA may have been sold that way, but it's baffling. Look at the reports on the complaints from other teams here. It's about the roster spots.

Do you truly believe that teams don't IR players who are "healthy" enough?

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What's more likely, the NFL willingly ignored their own rules OR the NFL found no wrongdoing on behalf of the Packers?  This is comical the level of conspiracy theory that seems to be going on here.  EVERY single NFL team has done exactly what is being criticized here.

I have no clue but if the NFL allowed it they broke the rules as well. The NFL bends the rules for their superstars all the time so doing it again here isn't surprising.

And I am not even criticizing the Packers. It is a non controversy. Rodgers was never getting dropped, and if the NFL had said he would have to be dropped to go back to IR they would have just left on the active roster and never played him. It is just silly that the NFL rules are so arbitrary at times, but when it comes down to making a catch or fumbling into the end zone the rules are iron clad no matter how ridiculous they are. The Packers got away with something cause the NFL let them, but that doesn't meant the rule just stops existing.

24 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I have no clue but if the NFL allowed it they broke the rules as well. The NFL bends the rules for their superstars all the time so doing it again here isn't surprising.

And I am not even criticizing the Packers. It is a non controversy. Rodgers was never getting dropped, and if the NFL had said he would have to be dropped to go back to IR they would have just left on the active roster and never played him. It is just silly that the NFL rules are so arbitrary at times, but when it comes down to making a catch or fumbling into the end zone the rules are iron clad no matter how ridiculous they are. The Packers got away with something cause the NFL let them, but that doesn't meant the rule just stops existing.

Every team bends these rules and I don't recall teams calling out their peers for doing what the Packers did before, demanding a team to release the player.  I suspect some teams did this to make life miserable for the Packers' brass and others hoping to grab a HOF QB on waivers.  

16 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Every team bends these rules and I don't recall teams calling out their peers for doing what the Packers did before, demanding a team to release the player.  I suspect some teams did this to make life miserable for the Packers' brass and others hoping to grab a HOF QB on waivers.  

They did it because they wanted a chance at Rodgers I am sure. It was a desperate and useless move.

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It wasnt allowed because he's a 'superstar' :) let's be real here.

Challenge: find one instance where the NFL made a team release a player for this. Should be easy if it only applies to superstars.

If it wasn't a superstar you would literally never hear about the story so this point is moot. Most players wouldn't be brought back for a single game the way Rodgers was anyways, this is a completely unique situation. I find it odd that Packers fans feel the need to defend this so heavily, no sane person is actually suggesting they should drop Rodgers cause of this.

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If it wasn't a superstar you would literally never hear about the story so this point is moot. Most players wouldn't be brought back for a single game the way Rodgers was anyways, this is a completely unique situation. I find it odd that Packers fans feel the need to defend this so heavily, no sane person is actually suggesting they should drop Rodgers cause of this.

You never hear about it because it's a non-issue. It's only being 'defended' because the entire premise is wrong. The league literally signed off on it. End of story. No rule broken. Nothing.

Archived