Aaron Rodgers Back to the IR.

gopherwrestler

4 hours ago, 808 said:

Why even waste the space in the rule book if it's a "rule" that's not even followed? 

wedding-crashers-wtf.gif

They'll enforce it when they want to. I don't think they want to currently. Doesn't mean there won't be a situation where they'd like to stick it to a franchise.

16 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This is like arguing that if a judge ruled someone is innocent, they are still guilty.

A) Judges don’t make laws.

B) Judges don’t rule people innocent. 

C) This happens all the time (even more so if you separate legal-guilty and factually-guilty). 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

I feel like you’re smart enough to not really think this (or at least think that this make it okay).

I think you're smart enough to realize that if the authors, enforcers and participants of the system who were part of this transaction all agreed it was not a violation of the rule, it is not a violation of the rule.

54 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think you're smart enough to realize that if the authors, enforcers and participants of the system who were part of this transaction all agreed it was not a violation of the rule, it is not a violation of the rule.

So what you’re saying is...if the NFL finds out that the whole Seahawks roster are on PEDs, but just decides not to do anything/declare they’ve broken rules, then they didn’t break a rule?

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

So what you’re saying is...if the NFL finds out that the whole Seahawks roster are on PEDs, but just decides not to do anything/declare they’ve broken rules, then they didn’t break a rule?

if they decide whatever PED your hypothetical centers around is not a violation of the rules, then yes. Just like they decided the reason behind placing AR on the IR this time was not.

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

if they decide whatever PED your hypothetical centers around is not a violation of the rules, then yes.

Nope, anabolic steroids. Clearly not allowed by rule. But being judge, jury, executioner (and in this case, law maker), they just decide not to punish them/declare a violation. 

Did the Seahawks break the rules?

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No, it wasn't. That's just how you interpreted as and believe it or not you're not always right.

Actually that is the definition of trolling.  Posting with the intention of inciting a response is trolling.

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Oh, so it's trolling now whenever YOU don't think that any suggestion was warranted huh? get out of here. You took it personal because it was your own favorite team on the other end of it. In fact, if I were to have said something such as; the Packers didn't do anything at all and the league should grant them an extra pick for being accused of wrong doing" I bet we wouldn't even be having this discussion at all.  Nice try though.

As far as the rest of your post, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't put words in mouth either. 

But I'm done here. This is an instance where an ignore function for mods would be nice.

No.  I asked you to support why you thought releasing Rodgers, fining the Packers, AND docking the Packers draft pick(s) was the appropriate answer.  You still have yet to answer that question.  So I'll ask you again, what basis do you have that the Packers should be punished that way.  There was no logic or thought process behind it, otherwise you would have posted it in your original post.  You didn't.  I'll be waiting.

The fact is you have NFL franchises IGNORING concussion protocol and getting minimal punishment.  If you think the Packers are going to get punished more severely than that, you're off your rocker.

EDIT: Why the hell would the NFL give the Packers another pick?  Geez, you're really reaching on this one.

39 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

this wouldn't happen. you're being silly.

That’s what I thought :P

I actually agree with most Packers fans about Rodgers in this case. Worst case scenario, the league (their superiors) game then the A-okay, so it’s their fault if anything.

21 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No.  I asked you to support why you thought releasing Rodgers, fining the Packers, AND docking the Packers draft pick(s) was the appropriate answer. 

This is joke lol. So you're gonna backpedal and make crap up now? 

You didn't ask me anything. You simply quoted me and then proceeded to make bad attempt to bait me by falsely accusing me of trolling, literally, in your very first response.

Below are both of YOUR quotes to me. Please show me where you have asked any question here, at all? Are you ok?

You still have yet to answer that question.

Actually, I did answer that question when asked by another member(Packerraymond) who was actually trying to have a conversation in a mature manner. See how that works? Had you have taken that same approach then you would have already had your answer as well and we probably wouldn't even be having this petty discussion to begin with.

No.  I asked you to support why you thought releasing Rodgers, fining the Packers, AND docking the Packers draft pick(s) was the appropriate answer. 

Another example of you making things up and putting words in my mouth. When have I ever claimed that the Packers should also be fined? This is the second time that you have accused me of saying this and the last time I asked you politely to stop putting words in my mouth. Again, please show me where I said this.

The fact is you have NFL franchises IGNORING concussion protocol and getting minimal punishment.  If you think the Packers are going to get punished more severely than that, you're off your rocker.

I don't think the Packers are going to get punished for anything and I have stated this numerous times. Including my first response on the subject which you quoted from.

EDIT: Why the hell would the NFL give the Packers another pick?  Geez, you're really reaching on this one.

tenor.gif

Yeah. You might wanna go back and read that again.......

Anyhow, I'm sure other people don't enjoy having to sift through both of us going back and forth just to find something that is actually related to the subject.  

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

This is joke lol. So you're gonna backpedal and make crap up now? 

You didn't ask me anything. You simply quoted me and then proceeded to make bad attempt to bait me by falsely accusing me of trolling, literally, in your very first response.

Below are both of YOUR quotes to me. Please show me where you have asked any question here, at all? Are you ok?

You don't have to patronize me by trying to "show" me the discussion.  I said your initial suggestion for punishment was ridiculous and unfounded.  I've since then have asked you multiple times to explain why you think the Packers should be penalized BEYOND what the punishment (release of Rodgers).  You have to respond to that question.  I suspect that still won't happen.

Actually, I did answer that question when asked by another member(Packerraymond) who was actually trying to have a conversation in a mature manner. See how that works? Had you have taken that same approach then you would have already had your answer as well and we probably wouldn't even be having this petty discussion to begin with.

Care to cite it.  If you answered that question, this would have been remedied a LONG time ago.  I go and respond when my ticker tells me you've responded.  You'll have to excuse me if don't just sit in this thread waiting to read every word you ever post.  You talk about wanting to have a mature response, yet you continue to post this way.  Maybe I mistakingly took your initial post as a poor attempt at trolling, you've done nothing but "sink" to my level.

Another example of you making things up and putting words in my mouth. When have I ever claimed that the Packers should also be fined? This is the second time that you have accused me of saying this and the last time I asked you politely to stop putting words in my mouth. Again, please show me where I said this.

You are right.  I MISTAKINGLY thought you had included this as part of the punishment.  However, this is still a rather minor thing to get held up on.

I don't think the Packers are going to get punished for anything and I have stated this numerous times. Including my first response on the subject which you quoted from.

This isn't about what will happen with the NFL.  It's already been shown that nothing will happen to the NFL.  This is about why you think that the Packers should be punished BEYOND what is the "standard" punishment.  IF you want to provide a link to your reasoning, I'd LOVE to hear that.

Nothing will be done because it’s the Packers.

If it were Seattle, they’d be docked like 17 draft picks. If it were the Patriots, the NFL would launch a nine-month investigation. But because it’s the league’s perfect little Ned Flanders team (partial credit to Deadspin on that reference), this was already swept under the rug days ago. We’ll never hear a word about it again.

3 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

If it were Seattle, they’d be docked like 17 draft picks. If it were the Patriots, the NFL would launch a nine-month investigation. But because it’s the league’s perfect little Ned Flanders team (partial credit to Deadspin on that reference), this was already swept under the rug days ago. We’ll never hear a word about it again.

I'm really, really hoping this is just a joke.

17 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

I'm into this. Stupid sexy Flanders

Archived