Aaron Rodgers Back to the IR.

gopherwrestler

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Absolutely nothing.  He's just still hung on being wrong about the Bennett situation.

wrong how exactly? im not even sure if i had a strong opinion on that? 

bennett said he felt pressured to play by gbs doc and got drug through the mud for saying so. in the absolute best scenario, rodgers simply came back too soon to try and grab a playoff spot. its doctors jobs to stop guys from coming back too soon.

The reason the IR rules exist is because teams have 53 man rosters, and a practice squad. It's there so teams can't get around those rules. The Packers broke this rule. It doesn't matter if Rodgers wasn't 100%. They had to keep him on the roster once they activated him. The rule is not in place to make sure medically uncleared players play.

58 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

wrong how exactly? im not even sure if i had a strong opinion on that? 

bennett said he felt pressured to play by gbs doc and got drug through the mud for saying so. in the absolute best scenario, rodgers simply came back too soon to try and grab a playoff spot. its doctors jobs to stop guys from coming back too soon.

Then why didn't he feel pressured to play for NE a week after we released him?

Some education for some who actually think GB is going to have to release Rodgers. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/263314/packers-and-aaron-rodgers-a-classic-nfl-scandal

“The NFL's management council must approve all transactions before they are finalized, so any issues with the process should have been brought up when the Packers submitted the move Tuesday.”

34 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Some education for some who actually think GB is going to have to release Rodgers. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/263314/packers-and-aaron-rodgers-a-classic-nfl-scandal

“The NFL's management council must approve all transactions before they are finalized, so any issues with the process should have been brought up when the Packers submitted the move Tuesday.”

John Elway still getting that contract ready. Gonna go up to Rodgers, tears in his eyes - and beg him to save his job.

"C'mon Aaron. C'mon. I...I need you man. Take the money. Please. You... you gotta save me from this, Aaron. I can't deal with Brock, man. C'mon. Please, Aaron. PLEASE!"

20140723__john-elway-emotional-pat-bowle

4 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

The reason the IR rules exist is because teams have 53 man rosters, and a practice squad. It's there so teams can't get around those rules. The Packers broke this rule. It doesn't matter if Rodgers wasn't 100%. They had to keep him on the roster once they activated him. The rule is not in place to make sure medically uncleared players play.

According to cksteeler rules or something?

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

There's a reason why the ruling is so ambiguous.  He was medically cleared by the Packers medical staff prior to the Panthers game.  He was ruled medically ineligible AFTER the Panthers game.  The reason the rule in in place is so teams don't trot out medically uncleared players.  Not to try and void contracts.

The IR rule is in place to keep teams from holding young players hostage with minor injuries. Doesn't really have anything to do with medical clearance. The rule states if you put a player on IR with a minor injury, you have to waive him when he's healthy. These other teams are arguing that Rodgers injury is minor at this point (no set back, he's just sore at this point) NFL approved the transaction already though so there is no consequences. I'm sure they didn't care because this Rodgers thing has nothing to do with the original interpretation of the rule. They put Rodgers on IR so they could get Joe Callahan back.

18 hours ago, paul-mac said:

As much as I would love to see the Packers get screwed and Rodgers go play for someone else, I don't think it will happen. Bill Belichick once put a guy (Brandon Spikes?) on IR just because he was late to practice.

No, he didnt...thats what the player said after the Pats didn't try to retain him. It was a hip injury. 

As for GB having to release Rodgers.

No they won't, and no they shouldn't have to.

You see stuff like this from every single team every single week. Little things that may technically be against the letter of the law, but doesnt change the level playing field, so no one really cares.

16 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Your attempt at trolling is bad and you should feel bad about it.  There's literally ZERO chance that the NFL can walk away with any credibility if they release Rodgers AND dock the Packers a draft pick.  Worst case scenario, they fine them.

Can't believe that I'm even falling for your poor attempt at baiting here.

So criticizing the Packers for breaking the rules and stating that the NFL should follow through with the process and punishments put in place by their own rules is considered trolling now huh? Get the hell out of here with that immature BS.

If there is anyone trolling here it's you. So to put it in your own words; your terrible attempt at trolling by trying incite another member is terrible and you should feel terrible about it.

16 hours ago, CWood21 said:

There's a reason why the ruling is so ambiguous.  He was medically cleared by the Packers medical staff prior to the Panthers game.  He was ruled medically ineligible AFTER the Panthers game.  The reason the rule in in place is so teams don't trot out medically uncleared players.  Not to try and void contracts.

This entire post is wrong. Your not understanding the rules here. 

First of all, not being medically cleared is NOT the same thing as going on IR. Not being medically cleared doesn't mean that he suffered a NEW injury that was considered "major" enough to justify placing him back on IR. In fact, they didn't specify at all in the reports as to what the injury was and why they were placing him back on IR in the first place. Especially AFTER McCarthy even said that ROdgers didn't suffer any new injury in the game and was just sore.

Second of all, the rule was not put into place "so teams don't trot out medically uncleared players". I'm not sure where you got this idea from. 

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Can't believe that I'm even falling for your poor attempt at baiting here.

So criticizing the Packers for breaking the rules and stating that the NFL should follow through with the process and punishments put in place by their own rules is considered trolling now huh? Get the hell out of here with that immature BS.

If there is anyone trolling here it's you. So to put it in your own words; your terrible attempt at trolling by trying incite another member is terrible and you should feel terrible about it.

This entire post is wrong. Your not understanding the rules here. 

First of all, not being medically cleared is NOT the same thing as going on IR. Not being medically cleared doesn't mean that he suffered a NEW injury that was considered "major" enough to justify placing him back on IR. In fact, they didn't specify at all in the reports as to what the injury was and why they were placing him back on IR in the first place. Especially AFTER McCarthy even said that ROdgers didn't suffer any new injury in the game and was just sore.

Second of all, the rule was not put into place "so teams don't trot out medically uncleared players". I'm not sure where you got this idea from. 

The rule was put in place so that fringe roster guys didn't get IRd every preseason with a hamstring pull and we're trapped on a roster being healthy by week 3 and not able to play ball. By having to release players like that it not only gives him a chance to play but keeps the teams from hoarding and developing young talent by IR-ing them with minor injuries.

This instance has absolutely nothing to do with the intended purpose of the rule. It gives the Packers the opposite of a competitive advantage. Not sure why you're so caught up on the "they must be punished" but yes it comes off as a bit trollish in nature.

They clearly broke the rule regardless of whatever competitive advantage it may or may not have given them. No, I don't want to see Aaron Rodgers cut. But it's funny how in the case of air the air pressure of footballs, Goodell went above and beyond the written rule. And here, the league signed off on an obvious rule violation that I first pointed out before the story about teams being annoyed even broke.

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

According to cksteeler rules or something?

A player can only go back or on IR if they have a new reported injury.  Otherwise the player is put no waivers.

NFL rules stipulate that a player needs to have suffered a new injury that would sideline him at least six weeks to be placed on injured reserve. If that is not the case, the team is obligated to release the player once he is healthy.

Browns are ready to make a claim :D

Archived