2024 Breakout Players

tyler735

20 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

so again, the athletic comparison methodology seems... flawed.

No arguments here, your honor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

No arguments here, your honor.

that's the only point i was trying to make.

that, and perhaps i am too dumb to understand the other points being made.

i think i'll just go and enjoy football.

• Like 1

Anthony Richardson seems like a fairly obvious one.
Zamir White has a huge hole to fill with Jacobs moving on to GB, and when he took that role in short term flashes he flashed.
Khalil Shakir looks poised for a big role and the potential volume could translate to a break out.
Kyle Pitts finally has a chance to shine with the removal of his goofy offense and rebounding healthy and a QB present.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Nah. We're just old.

Found the source, BTW:

In THIS context, I get the rabbit hole. The comparison (hell, I shoulda punted this to Comparisons) is that Jalen McMillan is a breakout candidate because his athletic scoring is equal to Jefferson.

I think looking surface level at athletic scoring doesn't account for the nuances that Jefferson brings to an offense - hence the "well, JJ isn't an ELITE athlete" argument. He is, he isn't - whatever, JJ is a fantastic WR because he's a fantastic WR. Looking at an RAS score as the link ignores the football part of it entirely. 

My main reason for McMillian breaking out is his tape and playing exactly 100% like Jefferson. I added the RAS comparison as an added flair. 

Would not shock me if McMillian is the best WR of the class.

5 hours ago, Trojan said:

Zamir White has a huge hole to fill with Jacobs moving on to GB, and when he took that role in short term flashes he flashed.
Khalil Shakir looks poised for a big role and the potential volume could translate to a break out.
Kyle Pitts finally has a chance to shine with the removal of his goofy offense and rebounding healthy and a QB present.

Richardson is my Year 3 Breakout Candidate and has an MVP caliber season. 

This year I think he still struggles and shows development. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trojan said:

Indianapolis defensive end Kwity Paye said the quarterback looked like he’d recovered well during the offseason program:

“Of course, we wanted him to play the full season, but things happened. Anthony Richardson bounced back at OTAs. He came back like nothing happened. He was playing smarter and making the right reads. He’s more confident in the pocket."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kwity-paye-anthony-richardson-came-back-like-nothing-happened

If Anthony Richardson works out as a legit passer, that’ll be one of the most impressive coaching/development stories for a QB (side by side with Josh Allen). Half the time the dude couldn’t  hit the broadside of a barn in CFB. Also kinda fear he’s got the Cam/Josh mentality of eating contact. That’s not really ideal. It’ll be a storyline to watch for 2024. If he’s got another injury prone season or just plays not so well, it’s going to seriously start the questioning of him as a player going into Y3. Or he can light it up and the Colts could be a playoff team…

On 7/5/2024 at 11:36 AM, candyman93 said:

This kid will make a bigger impact on our defense than Myles Garrett. He honestly took over after the Denver game.

JOK made the Pro-Bowl last year, hasn't he already broken out?

On 7/3/2024 at 4:15 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Richardson is my Year 3 Breakout Candidate and has an MVP caliber season. 

This year I think he still struggles and shows development. 

Pretty fair assessment given he lost a year of development due to hardly playing as a rookie.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

JOK made the Pro-Bowl last year, hasn't he already broken out?

You’re correct

However, my expectation is a leap to “Superstar” level this season. As in opponents need to make him 1b priority when game planning.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Jerry Jeudy is still a thing?

Now that he has escaped from Denver, we shall see.  It will be the best offensive unit he’ll have played with since college.