2024 Breakout Players

tyler735

Who’s a player from your team you think is going to have a breakout season?

For the Saints, I have high expectations for Kendre Miller this season. He had a tough rookie year recovering from a knee injury late in his final college season then dealt with some minor injuries throughout his rookie season. In the Saints final game of the season vs the Falcons, Miller looked like the big explosive RB many Saints fans were hoping to see. 

With Kamara turning 29 years old and not quite the game changing threat he used to be at this stage of his career, I think Miller is going to have a great opportunity to become our lead RB this season. With a new offensive coordinator coming in, I expect to see improvement in the run game this year.

For the Falcons, I think Ebiketie will. He's been playing 25-30% of the snaps and developing well, but under Morris, he's being looked at like a 60-65% of the snaps guy and could be a 10-sack guy. 

Another one that could break out is Drake London. He's had back to back 900 yard seasons with Mariota, Ridder and Heinicke throwing him the ball. I think he'll kill it with Cousins and Penix.

Posted (edited)

I think the top candidate to break out for the Bears this year is Gervon Dexter.  He started his rookie season slow but steadily improved and became more effective, and adding Montez Sweat helped him out a lot.  I think Dexter will be a fringe pro-bowl level player this year.

Edited by TankWilliams

From the Las Vegas Raiders locker room: LB Malcolm Koonce

Malcolm Koonce. He's entering his 3rd season and put up 8 sacks last year... all after week 8 when AP took over. He completely flipped a switch and was an absolute animal. Most Raider fans are begging for him to be extended sooner than later as his price is going to skyrocket in short time.

I think he and Tyree will split time at DE, and Tyree will shift inside in 3rd downs, allowing Koonce to get a ton of great pass-rushing looks.

Crosby - Wilkins - Wilson - Koonce is going to cause a lot of issues for O's.

• Like 3

While many people felt Myles Murphy was a bit of a dud rd 1 pick for the Bengals last year, late in the season he was getting more and more pressures and winning more and more 1 on ones, with rates that started to rival Trey Hendrickson.  With a full offseason with the team, I think he could be primed to be a breakout guy and maybe even get double digit sacks.  I think he starts stealing a lot of pass down pass rushed from Sam Hubbard.

• Like 1

For the Titans, I think about the only candidates are Peter Skoronski and Will Levis.  Levis will have the whole year at the helm, and he actually has some support around him.  Hopkins, Ridley, NWI, and Burks is a better top 4 WR than he had last year, and isn't awful.  It's not the strongest group of receivers, but not bottom of the league bad.  Then there's Chig Okonkwo at TE, and Spears and Pollard both as capable pass catchers at RB.  I'm not gonna argue it's the league's best set of weapons, but it's enough that a QB, if he can be a starter in the league, can work with.

For Skoronski, he looks to have gained a lot of strength in the offseason.  He was a good guard prospect, but struggled a little out the gate then had his appendix removed.  With Cushenberry on one side and Latham on the other, and Bill Callahan coaching him, I expect he's a pretty safe bet to take that next step and become a plus guard.  Not super exciting, but important.

I'm not super optimistic for the Titans' season, but they had maybe the worst OL in the league last year, and a bottom 5 receiver group.  Both are looking mediocre, at least, now.

• Like 4

For the Packers, Devonte Wyatt. According to PFF, he had the 6th highest pass rush win rate for IDL last year at 15.4%. Finished last year with 5.5 sacks but could of easily doubled that number if he improved his tackling. He should be a more natural fit with us switching to a 4-3.

• Like 1

If there's one for the Lions, it's Alim McNeill. He'll have legit players alongside him at DT for the first time

Oh and Jamo too, he's only shown small glimpses so far but this could be his time to become a star

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Nobody for the niners

Only candidates would be Brown or one of the late round backers. But the chances of that happening is low. I would not consider any of the rookies doing well as "breaking" out. 

This team is still largely the same as last season. Veteran group with limited openings. 

Wan'Dale Robinson. He really started to come into his own the 2nd half of last season after he fully recovered from the torn ACL injury that shortened his rookie season. We know Daniel Jones loves to check down and take the easier throws, and Malik Nabers, Darius Slayton, and Jaylin Hyatt should keep defenses honest (4.38, 4.39, 4.40 40 times respectively), which will open up a lot underneath for Robinson. He had some really impressive runs after catch at the end of last year. He's in for a big year.

• Like 1

Potential guys for the Eagles:

Jalen Carter is the easy answer for the Eagles

Some other potential guys to keep an eye on:

CB Quinyon Mitchell
DT Jordan Davis
S Sydney Brown

I'd expect Nolan Smith to really get his time in the spotlight in 2025 after Josh Sweat is not resigned.