Nicholson to IR; Fish brought up

turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Smithson spent the entirety of his rookie season on the practice squad until Tuesday’s call-up. He signed as a college free agent out of Kansas.

I’m looking forward too seeing Fish on the field. He should have been drafted IMO but he is a little undersized but his insticts to date on film have been noticable

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've been away for a long while (sorry about that all, was working crazy hours before Christmas (put in 48 in 4 days) and then at in-laws who have little to no connectivity). Got back yesterday night.

On 12/19/2017 at 7:38 PM, Dashing202 said:

Honestly a safety in the firsts round could be a big must . It's time the find that two safety tandem we wanted 

Anyway, I missed the Broncos game while down at the in-laws (couldn't convince the wife to let me watch the Redskins on Christmas Eve at her place). So, how did Fish look?

Honestly, between Swearinger (the rare signing I liked this offseason) and Nicholson (who I will admit has played much better than I thought he would), I'm not sure the Redskins need to invest heavily in a safety. If Smithson looked good or at least serviceable, they might not need to look at the safety position this off-season. Honestly, that would be to the best because the Skins need to continue to invest in the front seven. If they're staying with the inexplicably stupid thought that we run a 3-4 (even if we only use it for 30% of the time), then they at least need a NT and potentially two new ILBs (I'm getting less sure that they're going to re-sign Brown, and Foster and Compton are gone). Okay, yes, they have Spaight and Vigil, but I'm not sure I would want to be relying on them as my two starting inside 'backers if I were the GM.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Okay, I've been away for a long while (sorry about that all, was working crazy hours before Christmas (put in 48 in 4 days) and then at in-laws who have little to no connectivity). Got back yesterday night.

Anyway, I missed the Broncos game while down at the in-laws (couldn't convince the wife to let me watch the Redskins on Christmas Eve at her place). So, how did Fish look?

Honestly, between Swearinger (the rare signing I liked this offseason) and Nicholson (who I will admit has played much better than I thought he would), I'm not sure the Redskins need to invest heavily in a safety. If Smithson looked good or at least serviceable, they might not need to look at the safety position this off-season. Honestly, that would be to the best because the Skins need to continue to invest in the front seven. If they're staying with the inexplicably stupid thought that we run a 3-4 (even if we only use it for 30% of the time), then they at least need a NT and potentially two new ILBs (I'm getting less sure that they're going to re-sign Brown, and Foster and Compton are gone). Okay, yes, they have Spaight and Vigil, but I'm not sure I would want to be relying on them as my two starting inside 'backers if I were the GM.

He didn’t do anything. It was the Everett & Swearinger show.

My argument has just been in S is by far the BPA you shouldn’t pass on them. 

I think at some point we draft a S in the mid rounds again to develop behind Swearinger & Nicholson and because Nicholson hasn’t proven he can stay healthy yet.

6 hours ago, Woz said:

Happy New Years woz . 

22 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He didn’t do anything. It was the Everett & Swearinger show.

My argument has just been in S is by far the BPA you shouldn’t pass on them. 

I think at some point we draft a S in the mid rounds again to develop behind Swearinger & Nicholson and because Nicholson hasn’t proven he can stay healthy yet.

giphy.gif 

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

giphy.gif 

Our safeties sucked today. Even when Nicholson is back, we need depth. 

Swearinger wiffed on Darkwa so many times I lost count including his 70 yard run. For someone who talks so much he sure misses a lot of tackles and blows a lot of coverage. I like the guy, but he makes a lot of mistakes. Everett just isn’t a starter for anyone. He should be our 4th safety.

Archived