2024 Washington Training Camp Discussion/Videos

Today is 92 days until the start of franchise's 93rd season. Once minicamp ends next week, coordinators must use break to game plan & prep for 1st two opponents: Bucs & Giants. No fault of the current coaches & players, but there's an 8 game losing streak to end & need to start strong.

https://x.com/12thman___/status/1799080025024802925?s=46&t=6HL-uBrK4qbGh3V530lFEg

• Like 3

On 6/8/2024 at 2:09 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Imagine that. Using a running game to take the pressure off a young QB. 

Whowouldathunkit?

I know everyone is excited about Eckler, but I am super excited to see Robinson.  Year 1 the incident.  Year 2 I just thought our offense was schizophrenic.  Year 3 ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

I know everyone is excited about Eckler, but I am super excited to see Robinson.  Year 1 the incident.  Year 2 I just thought our offense was schizophrenic.  Year 3 ?

Same, I think Eckler is going to have a McKissic type role just w/ more carries like Gibson had. I think it’s still BRobs main show. If he gets 250 carries, I think he goes over 1,000 yds & gets around 10 TDs.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Interception was crazy 

#MariotasABum

That throw wobbled in there the whole way. Martin made a good play for sure, but my biggest take away was how terrible that throw was. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

#MariotasABum

That throw wobbled in there the whole way. Martin made a good play for sure, but my biggest take away was how terrible that throw was. 

Hate to be redundant but Mariota as QB2 or being on this team at all, has been the biggest negative for me since AP started this recalibration. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Hate to be redundant but Mariota as QB2 or being on this team at all, has been the biggest negative for me since AP started this recalibration. 

I'm not a Mariota fan, either. Having said that, he was the absolute perfect signing, imo.

Why?

#1) He presents no threat to your franchise QB drafted #2 overall in any psychological, looking over your back sorta way. You hope your QB is strong enough mentally to embrace a QB dual challenge. But why do that to your rookie QB, if you don't have too. See: RG3 & Cousins inquiries. Would Jayden Daniels look so comfortable in these mandatory camps, if say.....Russell Wilson was on this team? I would bet, not. 

#2) Mariota may not be able to throw worth a ****, but he's perfect for the RPO scheme offense we will be running. His scrambling ability will open up the running offense & force a spy on him because of it. Mariota may not be able to impress you & that's fine. But there's one thing he does do well & that's run. And if we can do that affectivity? We will be in every game this year. Win or lose.

#3) Although Mariota isn't great, we could do way worse.  We could have a QB who can't run. We could have a QB with zero NFL starting experience. We could have a QB costing way more, than he should like Carson Wentz as a backup. 

So anyways...I hear ya on not being thrilled with Mariota as the #2. But I think with what the Offense wants to do & with THIS specific Coaching staff? I believe he will be an adequate #2, till we draft his replacement. I'm more surprised he was signed because of his character, rather than his QB skills. Seems we drafted team Captains, leaders of men & guys you would go to war with. So yeah...signing Mariota was a shocker for me in that regard. But I believe we got a coaching staff that can hopefully keep all that in check. Anyways, that's my take on it.

12 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm not a Mariota fan, either. Having said that, he was the absolute perfect signing, imo.

Why?

#1) He presents no threat to your franchise QB drafted #2 overall in any psychological, looking over your back sorta way. You hope your QB is strong enough mentally to embrace a QB dual challenge. But why do that to your rookie QB, if you don't have too. See: RG3 & Cousins inquiries. Would Jayden Daniels look so comfortable in these mandatory camps, if say.....Russell Wilson was on this team? I would bet, not. 

#2) Mariota may not be able to throw worth a ****, but he's perfect for the RPO scheme offense we will be running. His scrambling ability will open up the running offense & force a spy on him because of it. Mariota may not be able to impress you & that's fine. But there's one thing he does do well & that's run. And if we can do that affectivity? We will be in every game this year. Win or lose.

#3) Although Mariota isn't great, we could do way worse.  We could have a QB who can't run. We could have a QB with zero NFL starting experience. We could have a QB costing way more, than he should like Carson Wentz as a backup. 

So anyways...I hear ya on not being thrilled with Mariota as the #2. But I think with what the Offense wants to do & with THIS specific Coaching staff? I believe he will be an adequate #2, till we draft his replacement. I'm more surprised he was signed because of his character, rather than his QB skills. Seems we drafted team Captains, leaders of men & guys you would go to war with. So yeah...signing Mariota was a shocker for me in that regard. But I believe we got a coaching staff that can hopefully keep all that in check. Anyways, that's my take on it.

If keeping Howell presented a real threat to Daniels than we never should've drafted him. Mariota is awful and Howell was cheaper. Trading him to sign Mariota was stupid in my opinion. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Yeah, he's a bum. The only good thing is he's been through a lot can be a good mentor and while he isn't the passer that Jayden is, Mariota is a good runner and is athletic so the offense won't have to change if he ever plays.