Detroit signs Jared Goff to 4 year extension worth $212 million/$170 M guaranteed

NVRamsFan

46 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Lions fans becoming cocky sure is something. Detroit about to find out how hard it is to maintain success not having top 10 picks every year. 

For a fan of a team who just got another franchise QB, it's weird to see your saltiness towards other fanbases. Can't we all just have some bliss during the offseason?

8 minutes ago, General Tso said:

For a fan of a team who just got another franchise QB, it's weird to see your saltiness towards other fanbases. Can't we all just have some bliss during the offseason?

The Lions are making my Packer friends uncomfortable too. It's a whole lot of fun to follow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, General Tso said:

I will let Rams fans fully answer this because I don't know all the roster details at that point.

But for one thing, that 2021 season was Kupp's first season where he started all games in the season. Another thing is he had disproportionately heavy targets in 2021, I mean, I would like to think he'd get those volume stats when he gets that many targets. Just seems like Stafford had an unreal connection with Kupp that year.

Kupp was going to be a pro-bowler in 2018 before his ACL injury. He was the best weapon on a team that had Woods and Cooks also get over 1k yards. And Stafford has always been more of a 1 target guy than Goff. There's a reason Kupp's career year in 2021 coincided with Robert Woods having his worst year as a Ram. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Unfortunately I've seen a lot of games for both of them.

Thing Goff needs a run game and great protection. Stafford just needs the ball and he’ll make a play. Arm strength also played a huge factor. Goff struggles 20+ out. Stafford maximizes the field. 

Dunno. Goffs last 2 years scarred me for life.. He would make some of the worst TOs

ever. Against the Niners where

donald almost won the single handedly Goff would sell. First 2 year Goff with McVay was a treat. But how many QBs would have thrived with him? My bet is everyone. I can’t get over the shook Bambi look.. Happy for the kid he deserves it. But im paying that type of cash I better get Michael Penis or Patrick Mahomes. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iknowcool said:

My gut tells me this is too much for a guy who was pretty mediocre for 3 straight seasons and has been average on the road the last 2 years.

And when I say too much, I don't mean in the sense that this deal isn't the going rate for QBs.  I just don't think Goff is worth it.  Easier for me as a fan to want a team to take a risk at the QB position, but this is an example of how teams hand out deals for QBs simply because they want to avoid that risk (and it is a pretty big risk, so I understand).  And realistically, we've probably already seen Goff's peak and its as what, a top-12 QB?   

Maybe this is a crazy take.  But I think the Buccaneers might have gotten better value with Baker (3yr/100m/50 guaranteed) than the Lions got with Goff (4yr/212m/170 guaranteed).  I would lean towards the Baker deal.

Baker is definitely cheaper, but is also clearly a tier below Goff IMO.  and I like Baker. 

44 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I'm happy for the Lions, season is a lot more entertaining when division rivals pose a threat. 

38 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The Lions are making my Packer friends uncomfortable too. It's a whole lot of fun to follow.

Most Packers fans wouldn't consider Lions rivals, or even top 5. Most of our fanbase was probably cheering for them in the NFC championship game last year

1. SF(No explanation)

2. Dallas(older generation)

3. Seattle(Fail Mary, 2014 NFCCG)

4. Vikings

5. Bears 

6. Tampa

7. Eagles

8. Lions

How I would personally rank them

3 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Most Packers fans wouldn't consider Lions rivals, or even top 5. Most of our fanbase was probably cheering for them in the NFC championship game last year

1. SF(No explanation)

2. Dallas(older generation)

3. Seattle(Fail Mary, 2014 NFCCG)

4. Vikings

5. Bears 

6. Tampa

7. Eagles

8. Lions

How I would personally rank them

I'm offended we're below the Eagles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Haven't read this thread either but that is like the second most common post in contract extension threads. It goes a little like this:

1. "He's not worth that kind of money."

2. "Player X of the team I root for" contract is looking good now.

3. Use the thread to pimp a player of your favorite team who is better "Player X must be smiling right now". 

And a new one popularized by my fellow Eagles fans:

4. This contract is going to look good in a couple of years. 

Doesn’t make it untrue.

31 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Love's 1st year starting scored more TDs(36) then Goff has in any season. Also threw less int last year. This was with all 1st and 2nd year receivers and without our #1 WR, #1 TE and pro bowl RB out for half the year. Our all pro LT also went down week 1. 

Love is absolutely on Goff's level currently and has a much higher ceiling.

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Thing Goff needs a run game and great protection. Stafford just needs the ball and he’ll make a play. Arm strength also played a huge factor. Goff struggles 20+ out. Stafford maximizes the field. 

Isn't that exactly what Stafford got when he came to LA? Because he certainly wasn't exactly just making Motor City Mayhem with no run game and bad protection in Detroit all those years....