Jets 2024 General Talks

JetsandI

On 5/16/2024 at 7:23 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

What a joke with this schedule. Why so many prime time games? I want G damn 1PM Sundays. 

The NFL wants to cash in on Aaron being here. They claim the Jets owe them since he went down 4 plays in last season.

On 5/18/2024 at 9:29 AM, doumeyer said:

I am an old Jersey guy now living in Orlando, what do you mean that only two games on TV so far?

As of this posting, I am now an hour and a half east of you in Port Canaveral. Not a very exciting area. 

On 5/18/2024 at 8:02 PM, drew39k said:

I think I might skip on Sunday ticket this season, with how many primetime games the jets have. Hard to justify paying the premium for only a few games that won't be available locally in my area 

Does it enable the automatic renew like directv did?

Rumor:

Justin Jefferson was spoted over the weekend at Jets HQ. Rumors are he is looking for a trade and does not want to stay with the Vikings. He wants to be with a vet QB. 

This would be great. I don't care about the cap lets get him and take a run at it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Rumor:

Justin Jefferson was spoted over the weekend at Jets HQ. Rumors are he is looking for a trade and does not want to stay with the Vikings. He wants to be with a vet QB. 

This would be great. I don't care about the cap lets get him and take a run at it. 

As much as I love Jefferson, the cost would be prohibitive. I’m not even talking about this years $, but the draft picks it would take would be painful. I think we have enough for a serious run this year barring injuries. But future years would be greatly compromised. I’d prefer to have a perennial playoff team than an all in one and done.

Then there is the need to resign him. He will cost $30M per. We will not be able to keep him and GW. In essence we would be trading one great WR for another plus more. I can’t see JD doing that nor should he.

We are in a good situation right now. No pressing needs. Let’s run with this and maintain. Quite honestly, a future starting QB is more important. 

• Like 1

How to become relevant when what you think is irrelevant? Just say "The Jets will stink this year." Yes,,, boys and girls that is all you have to do and your opinion is shown network to network. Jets fandom will give you hours of play time on their podcasts and videos.

The silliness of it all is amazing, outside of fanatical Jets fans, the entire league is hoping they flop. So who really cares? We do!! But we should expect, just like race baiting someone to step up and tell us how terrible the U.S.A. is.

Who really cares what the so called experts think. For us there is only one way, and that is UP! So whoever this so called expert is, and I don't care to divulge his name, I doubt he has made a yearly income on his predictions.

But the sports entities that hired him, are looking for one thing, pings, yes, how many viewers it can get to turn on the channel regardless of the idiocy it presents.

3 hours ago, Big T said:

How to become relevant when what you think is irrelevant? Just say "The Jets will stink this year." Yes,,, boys and girls that is all you have to do and your opinion is shown network to network. Jets fandom will give you hours of play time on their podcasts and videos.

The silliness of it all is amazing, outside of fanatical Jets fans, the entire league is hoping they flop. So who really cares? We do!! But we should expect, just like race baiting someone to step up and tell us how terrible the U.S.A. is.

Who really cares what the so called experts think. For us there is only one way, and that is UP! So whoever this so called expert is, and I don't care to divulge his name, I doubt he has made a yearly income on his predictions.

But the sports entities that hired him, are looking for one thing, pings, yes, how many viewers it can get to turn on the channel regardless of the idiocy it presents.

I agree, however, we have seen this movie before.  Last year the hype about the Jets and a SB was deafening.  Then pfffft.  As an unfortunate long time Jets fan, they are going to have to show me before I buy into all this sunshine.  Don't get me wrong, I think they had a stellar off season.  I do not remember a Jets team with so few holes on the roster as this one.  But I am just waiting for the FB gods to pull the rug out.  Again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I just bought a new Jets shirt but I didn't realize it had the new logo on it. I hate it. It looks like a pistachio. 

Pistachios are good though. Perhaps it is a good omen. You have a shirt with the logo like a pistachio. Pistachios are good. Ergo, the Jets will be good.