2024 Schedule - Confirmed

Posted (edited)

Since the season ended we have known the opponents we will play and where we will play them, we just don't know how the schedule lines up. That changes today. Perhaps more than any other sport, when you play in the NFL is almost as important as who you play. 

This year we will face four teams who play in the eastern time zone - Baltimore, N.Y. Jets, Cincy and Tampa Bay, and New Orleans in the CST. When, as in which day of the week, time of the day and place on the schedule will have an outsized effect on our chances in some of those games. As we all know, the Broncos never do well traveling to the east coast and playing at 11am. Now in my opinion it doesn't matter when we play at Baltimore or Cincinnati, we could pay at 11 am any week or we could play a late season Saturday afternoon game or a primetime game and we're going to get demolished. However, the games at the Jets, Buccaneers and Saints (CST) can hinge on when we play. If we get the Bucs at 11am in the first few weeks of the season when it'll be 90 with 90% humidify, I don't like our chances. However, if we get the Bucs in a TNF or MNF game, I think it's a coin-flip. I'd prefer the at NYJ game to be early in the year when the weather is nice in New Jersey and Rodgers is knocking off some rust. At the Jets in the December is not as favorable.

Where the bye week lands is also important as every team would prefer a midseason bye. An early season bye could be ideal for us as, if Sean opts against starting Nix in week one (which I'm the record as being against) and goes for Wilson/Stidham instead, an early season bye could be the time to transition to Nix as the starter. 

2024 Schedule-confirmed

Week 1: @SEA 2:05 CBS
Week 2: vs.PIT 2:25 CBS
Week 3: @TB 11:00 FOX
Week 4: @NYJ 11:00 CBS
Week 5: vs.LV 2:05 FOX
Week 6: vs.LAC 2:05 CBS
Week 7: @NO 6:15 Prime-TNF
Week 8: vs.CAR. 2:25 CBS
Week 9: @BAL 11:00 CBS
Week 10: @KC 11:00 CBS
Week 11: vs.ATL 2:05 FOX
Week 12: @LV 2:05 CBS
Week 13: vs.CLE 6:15 ESPN-MNF
Week 14: <BYE>
Week 15: vs.IND 2:25 CBS
Week 16: @LAC 2:05 FOX
Week 17: @CIN TBA
Week 18: vs.KC TBA 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

Well, not seconds after I create the thread I see that a schedule has been leaked on X. I would take this with a grain of salt and wait for 6pm, but here is the rumored schedule. 

Week 1: @ Seahawks
Week 2: vs. Steelers
Week 3: @ Buccaneers
Week 4: @ Jets
Week 5: vs. Raiders
Week 6: vs. Chargers
Week 7: @ Saints on TNF
Week 8: vs. Panthers
Week 9: @ Ravens
Week 10: @ Chiefs
Week 11: vs. Falcons
Week 12: @ Raiders
Week 13: vs. Browns on MNF
Week 14: BYE (rumored)
Week 15: vs. Colts
Week 16: @ Chargers
Week 17: @ Bengals
Week 18: vs. Chiefs

https://x.com/OzzyNFL/status/1790817455960375733

Posted (edited)

If that leaked one is the actual schedule, I can say that's far from ideal.  

As I said in the OP, at Tampa is week 3 makes what could potentially be a coin toss matchup an almost guaranteed loss as it's certain to be an 11am kickoff and hotter than hell.

Jets in week 4 could be worse, but it might allow us to just stay on the east coast for those two games. Three of the first four on the road with what's going to be an overhyped "Russ vs his old team" game against the Steelers sandwiched in between. Not good. 

But back to back east coast games followed by back to back home games against the division sucks.

And then back to back at Ravens and at Chiefs. Oof. 

I don't like like the late season bye either, especially for a young team. You'd like to play a four or five games and then get an early bye to reset, but going nonstop for 13 weeks is going to put the team through the ringer. 

I see 2-4 (or maybe 3-3 at best) against the AFCW. Losses at Seattle, Tampa, Baltimore and Cincy. That's 2-8. The five non-division home games - Steelers, Panthers, Falcons, Browns, Colts - lets say 3-2, that gets us 5-10 which makes at the Jets and at the Saints big games, if we split we go 6-11. The Giants and Titans both finished 6-11 last season and got the No. 6 and 7 overall picks, respectively. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

The NFL hates us and the networks want nothing to do with us.

Going to be five 11am kickoffs as I doubt that game again Cincy gets flexed. Brutal. I don’t want sound overly negative but I don’t think I could have come up with a worse schedule for us. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

NFL hates us 3 out of our first 4 games are on the road with a rookie qb. And why the hell isn't the steelers game on prime time?

9 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

NFL hates us 3 out of our first 4 games are on the road with a rookie qb. And why the hell isn't the steelers game on prime time?

I'd be pretty shocked if Sean threw his new toy into that grinder to start the season. 4 top 10 defenses in the first 5 games with 3 road contests.

So, Nix gets destroyed, confidence shattered, gets benched and the worst part is we'd have to spend 7 months until the draft listening to analysts and reading posts about which QB we need to take with our #1 pick.

• Like 3

Whoa wait a minute. I thought Nix ran the gauntlet of vaunted Pac-12, why should NFL defenses and a less-than-ideal schedule deter us? He's the best draft pick this team has ever made, according to the local media. He processes well and gets the ball out quickly, he plays on time and on schedule. Apparently he has a cannon for an arm, he's a perfect fit for Sean Payton's offense. I mean, look at the reports that came out of that grueling rookie minicamp last week. Look at this one, the guy is a guaranteed future Hall of Famer. 

https://x.com/ZacStevensDNVR/status/1789381055071273304

Peyton Manning started all 16 games his rookie year and, last time I checked, his career turned out all right. You guys really need to listen to the Cecil Lammey podcast, Bo Nix is the greatest thing to happen to this team since its inception in 1960. Nix is going to make people forget about Patrick Mahomes, we're almost a lock to win the Super Bowl in 2025 and probably collect 7 or 8 more Lombardis over the next decade. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Whoa wait a minute. I thought Nix ran the gauntlet of vaunted Pac-12, why should NFL defenses and a less-than-ideal schedule deter us? He's the best draft pick this team has ever made, according to the local media. He processes well and gets the ball out quickly, he plays on time and on schedule. Apparently he has a cannon for an arm, he's a perfect fit for Sean Payton's offense. I mean, look at the reports that came out of that grueling rookie minicamp last week. Look at this one, the guy is a guaranteed future Hall of Famer. 

Peyton Manning started all 16 games his rookie year and, last time I checked, his career turned out all right. You guys really need to listen to the Cecil Lammey podcast, Bo Nix is the greatest thing to happen to this team since its inception in 1960. Nix is going to make people forget about Patrick Mahomes, we're almost a lock to win the Super Bowl in 2025 and probably collect 7 or 8 more Lombardis over the next decade. 

Lolol 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I keep hearing how all the 62 starts in college will help him in the pros. My question is why? You'd think after a couple years you'd have the college game down. The last 40 or so games how much would you really learn. Kind of like a kid getting playing a video game that's stuck on level 1.. 

I know a lot of people want to sit Nix, especially with that September schedule. We don't have a proven, veteran starter on the roster like the Chiefs did when they had Mahomes but Alex Smith in front of him. They also had a playoff roster. We have neither of the sort. 

I've heard people say that unless Nix is clearly well ahead of Wilson and/or Stidham, they should sit him for a while. I take the opposite approach - unless Nix is very clearly well behind the one or both of the other two, you should start him. If he is in fact as mature and mentally strong as everyone has been saying, and not just local apologists and fan boys (one of the clowns at MHR is predicting an 11-6 season), but the national guys who think he should have been a second round pick, do point to maturity, mental toughness and experience as his strengths. 

It's like a getting a brand new vehicle because you needed one and quite likely you spent more than you wanted to. So you paid that high price but now you're keeping it in the garage and driving your old clunker around town because you worried about damaging your new one. What good does the new car, the one spent a fortune on, more than you should have spent, do sitting in your garage? It's probably going to get some dents and dings. 

• 2 months later...