Titans OTA/Training Camp Thread

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lawdy!!!!

Didn't feel like it, but that is a good thing. 

Hopefully a sign of good things to come. 

Personally, I don't see how we aren't a good team, without injuries. 

Very skilled at the skill positions. OL looks like a legit OL this  year, not pop league. Not the best, but I just want them to not be doodoo butter. 

A playcall that seems to get it. 

A hard working QB with obvious skill and an OC that looks to do what he does best. 

A defense that is older at corner and an injury away from drop-off, however, very skilled starters. 

It's the first time in a long time, that I legit feel a sense of confidence. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Didn't feel like it, but that is a good thing. 

Hopefully a sign of good things to come. 

Personally, I don't see how we aren't a good team, without injuries. 

Very skilled at the skill positions. OL looks like a legit OL this  year, not pop league. Not the best, but I just want them to not be doodoo butter. 

A playcall that seems to get it. 

A hard working QB with obvious skill and an OC that looks to do what he does best. 

A defense that is older at corner and an injury away from drop-off, however, very skilled starters. 

It's the first time in a long time, that I legit feel a sense of confidence. 

We'll score a lot of points and be fun. I think the defense will let us down a few times but we should clear 8 wins no problem. 10 wins if we stay healthy. 

It's going to be frustrating for people who get impatient when the defense doesn't force three and outs every time.

you guys are a lot more optimistic record-wise than i am. i think we're going to be a better team than last year and it'll show on the field, but i don't know if it's going to show in the W-L record. we had some pretty terrible scheduling luck, and i don't see many games on the schedule where i go "yeah, that's probably a win." we have an early gauntlet and i could see that spiraling a bit while the new systems find their groove, and we eventually finish with 6 or 7 wins. nothing between 6 and 10 wins would truly shock me, but i'd lean toward the low end for now.

that said, i think and hope the games themselves will be less excruciating to watch than last year.

• Like 2

Well not that Willis was every going to be in the starting QB plans getting a 7th for him seems too low IMO but I guess better then straight release.    Did Rudoulf really show enough to be the back up.   

Had to glance at the schedule ….  It really is a hard one guys as I see very few wins outside the division.  Losses SF Cincy Bills Miami  (4) loosing 1 of Sea Saints Jets (5) winning of 1 of Det GB Chic (7) Washington should be a win   Thus 4-7 outside division  

Then can we really go 4-2 in division???    Gives us 8-9….   Making 9-8 about best case IMO and 10-7 a huge reach

2 hours ago, quiller said:

Well not that Willis was every going to be in the starting QB plans getting a 7th for him seems too low IMO but I guess better then straight release.    Did Rudoulf really show enough to be the back up.   

You don’t have to show a ton to be a backup QB. Job number 1, 2, and 3 is .just don’t **** up. You don’t rely on a backup QB to win games.

Willis still has untapped potential, but it’s slow getting it out and there’s another young developing QB on the roster who will take most of the staff’s attention.

Malik may be a decent QB in a few years, but he wasn’t going to be by the time his contract was up here anyway. Getting anything for him is a win.

12 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The schedule is the schedule in my mind. It never goes the way people think. 

We shall see. 

Yea. The season comes with so many ups and downs, a team can be totally different at one part of the season compared to another along with injuries. Its is so hard, the schedule will mean something totally different when we get half way through the year than it does now. Lots of things can happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

Yea. The season comes with so many ups and downs, a team can be totally different at one part of the season compared to another along with injuries. Its is so hard, the schedule will mean something totally different when we get half way through the year than it does now. Lots of things can happen.

Yeah.
You could have counted the Bengals game as an easy L, but Burrow hurt and we beat them 27-3. Would have thought we could easily beat Tampa Bay and was never in the game. 

Shall see. 

So many one score games. Could have won 12 games. Could have won 2 games. lol

Edited by KingTitan

40 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah.
You could have counted the Bengals game as an easy L, but Burrow hurt and we beat them 27-3. Would have thought we could easily beat Tampa Bay and was never in the game. 

Shall see. 

So many one score games. Could have won 12 games. Could have won 2 games. lol

This is the biggest thing in my mind. The majority of games in the NFL are one score games going into the 4th quarter and a few key plays, mistakes, and decisions can and will completely alter the outcome. The line between wins and losses is usually razor thin. Being able to pull out the close ones and finish out games in the 4th quarter is going to be the biggest deciding factor in our record at the end of the year. If we get on a roll and learn how to win the close ones we'll be a playoff team, and if we don't, we'll be on the outside looking in. That's just the nature of the NFL every year.

• Like 1

be tough to see chig go but i honestly wouldn’t hate this depending on compensation. i don’t know that anything would necessarily happen now but if DMR eats into chig’s snaps in the first few weeks he could be a trade deadline candidate.

having said that, it’s nice to have good depth at TE and it’s entirely possible that chig is a bigger part of their plans than we saw in the preseason. interesting thought though.