What’s some of the most underrated playoff game?

Not an NFL game, but I've always felt the love for CFB's '05 Texas-USC game is extremely over-saturated.

The actual play between the teams wasn't particularly special (many national championship games since have had better). VY's historic run for the win was nothing most QB's can't do. 

It feels like it's heralded because its football's outlet for the general Texas-Cali hated/rivalry. Also because Texas is purported and treated like a tier 1 football program and 05's their sole championship in more than half a century. 

To this day, that game has allowed multiple non-charismatic to be major tv personalities: Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush in their commercials and as analysts. This is treatment not really given to any other players/programs since (nearly 20 years removed), and it makes it feel like the CFB world never moved on from what was a rather average (though close) champion game. 

I'm biased because the Jaguars won and I was there but the 2008 Divisional Round playoff game in Pittsburgh was incredible. 

87 points total

4 40+ yard receptions 

Despite it starting 21-0, it never really felt like it was over til the bitter end

Falcons-Seahawks in the playoffs after the 2012 season was a fun one.

Falcons took an early lead. Blew the lead and then Matt Ryan to Tony Gonzalez on the final drive set up the field goal to win the game and give the greatest TE of all time a chance to win his first playoff game.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The Cardinals-Packers WC game from 2010 was an all timer:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/300110022

Warner had 4 incomplete passes the whole game and lost.

The Cards won this game on a defensive TD in overtime, but yes Rodgers and Warner were unstoppable in this game!

Edited by Steelersfan43
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

The Cards won this game on a defensive TD in overtime, but yes Rodgers and Warner were unstoppable in this game!

Wasn't there another game around that time where he had something like 5 or fewer incomplete passes and lost? I can't find it if it was Warner.

Of non-SB matchups excluding my favorite team:

2003, Titans-Ravens. Rushing beatdown on Baltimore’s D, followed by a walk off FG.

2016, Packers-Cardinals, double Janis hail mary with the Larry Fitz walk off.

Packers-Seahawks, 2014(?), Brandon Bostick onside kick.

One of my favorites, definitely not underrated, but 2009 Saints-Vikings, bountygate. 

Honestly, Tebow beating Pittsburgh.

2009, Steelers/Ravens and Packers/Cardinals. 

Bills/Chiefs, crowning Mahomes.

Giants over Packers, both SB years.

Including NE, gimme the tuck rule game and Peyton’s comeback in the AFCCG.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

The 2002 Steelers/Titans matchup is a forgotten gem

Colts/Dolphins Wild Card in 2000 was also good.

True for 2002....I can said the same about the Browns-steelers in the week before.17-point comeback by the Steelers but it's a somewhat forgotten game because there was a bigger comeback in the same day between the Giants and the 49ers!

Crazy day!

Edited by Steelersfan43
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

1989 AFC Divisional. Bills at Browns. A shootout in the dirt between Kelly, and Kosar.

1993 AFC Wild Card Broncos at Raiders. Raiders beat the Broncos at home two weeks in a row. Three times on the season. Three remarkable games. 

1993 AFC Divisional Raiders at Bills. Raiders put the Bills on the brink of elimination, but Buffalo escaped with a win.

2001 NFC Championship Eagles at Rams. Eagles fought very hard as a unit, but couldn't get past St. Louis. 

2003 AFC Divisional Titans at Patriots. Close game in frigid conditions. Tennessee could have easily won if thet had one more break go their way. Put up a much better fight than the Colts a week later.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

On 5/29/2024 at 4:41 PM, MWil23 said:

The Game before the Drive in 1986 The Browns beat the Jets in 2OT in cold and snow game that became a footnote.

For the younger fans on here, this as absolute must watch game! If you haven't seen it, it's worth an offseason watrch for a football fix.

• Like 1