What’s some of the most underrated playoff game?

On 5/31/2024 at 8:18 AM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

1989 AFC Divisional. Bills at Browns. A shootout in the dirt between Kelly, and Kosar.

1993 AFC Wild Card Broncos at Raiders. Raiders beat the Broncos at home two weeks in a row. Three times on the season. Three remarkable games. 

1993 AFC Divisional Raiders at Bills. Raiders put the Bills on the brink of elimination, but Buffalo escaped with a win.

2001 NFC Championship Eagles at Rams. Eagles fought very hard as a unit, but couldn't get past St. Louis. 

2003 AFC Divisional Titans at Patriots. Close game in frigid conditions. Tennessee could have easily won if thet had one more break go their way. Put up a much better fight than the Colts a week later.

1989 Browns Bills is another classic when the Browns were good. It was also the launching point for the Bills run to four consecutive Super Bowls. The K-Gun was truly something to watch.

On 5/30/2024 at 7:41 PM, Steelersfan43 said:

True for 2002....I can said the same about the Browns-steelers in the week before.17-point comeback by the Steelers but it's a somewhat forgotten game because there was a bigger comeback in the same day between the Giants and the 49ers!

Crazy day!

The Browns blowing a 17 point comeback really hurt, literally. I broke my hand putting it through a wall.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hanford29 said:

For the younger fans on here, this as absolute must watch game! If you haven't seen it, it's worth an offseason watrch for a football fix.

It was the first ever game my dad went to. He said his lasting memory was that fans were pelting Gastineau with snowballs as he lay on the bench in emotional agony lol

**Puts on Homer Cap**

The Mile High Miracle game is wildly underrated because it should be talked about as one of, if not THE SINGLE GREATEST GAME IN NFL HISTORY and it's not:

• The score was tied after the first quarter, the second quarter, the third quarter, the fourth quarter, and a full overtime period
  • The game literally went to double OT
  • Touchdowns were scored by Passing, Rushing, Interception Return, Punt Return, Kickoff Return..... no fumble TD, but critical fumbles lost on each side
  • Both QBs had 3 TD passing
  • A Hail Mary last minute play
  • Extreme weather conditions (13 degrees in Denver)
  • A 10 point 1 seed betting favorite was upset
  • The winning team went on the finish the job as SB champ
  • 38-35

If that ish happened to a major market team and/or a more marketable winning QB, there's no question that would be hyped as the greatest game ever.

• Like 2

I'll do three for the Rams:

Rams/Saints 2000 season wild card game - Rams were making a furious comeback and poised to win the game, only for Hakim to muff that punt. This one HURT because while our defense was historically awful that year, we had already taken out the Giants and Vikings during the regular season.

Rams/Panthers 2003 season divisional round - pain, again. Probably the best playoff walk-off that NEVER gets talked about. 2OT game that featured a recovered onside kick in regulation and two missed FGs in OT, one for each team.

Rams/Bucs 2021 divisional round - the game that effectively ended Brady, also featured a furious comeback that came up short.

All three of those featured  jaw dropping/head scratching plays to end the games.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MWil23 said:

It was the first ever game my dad went to. He said his lasting memory was that fans were pelting Gastineau with snowballs as he lay on the bench in emotional agony lol

100% true. It was his late hit that kept a late drive going. Absolute amazing game. I was with my dad at the game. Everyone was leaving. Dad said let's stay for one more drive. We scored. Defense gave the ball back to Bernie. 2 OT's later Mark Mosley ended the game. Fantastic!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

Rams/Saints 2000 season wild card game - Rams were making a furious comeback and poised to win the game, only for Hakim to muff that punt. This one HURT because while our defense was historically awful that year, we had already taken out the Giants and Vikings during the regular season.

Rams/Panthers 2003 season divisional round - pain, again. Probably the best playoff walk-off that NEVER gets talked about. 2OT game that featured a recovered onside kick in regulation and two missed FGs in OT, one for each team.

Rams/Bucs 2021 divisional round - the game that effectively ended Brady, also featured a furious comeback that came up short.

All three of those featured  jaw dropping/head scratching plays to end the games.

The 2003 Panthers-Rams playoffs game is one of the best game ever that never gets talked about!...Mike Martz had also been too conservative at the end of regulation for some reason and a classic 2 OT after that!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

To add, this was a divisional rivalry at the time and we hated each other. This was the Saints at their peak Kyle Turley and Jim Haslett insanity.

And if I can add an honorable mention, 1999 Rams vs. Vikings was a banger of a game.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

Bills vs Dolphins (Flutie vs Marino) in 1998. 

Titans at Ravens in 2003. They finally got over the hump of that Ravens defense, and Eddie George proved himself as one of the toughest RBs of his day.

Vikings vs Saints in 2019 when Kirk Cousins finally won a playoff game.

On 5/29/2024 at 9:04 AM, scar988 said:

Falcons-Seahawks in the playoffs after the 2012 season was a fun one.

Falcons took an early lead. Blew the lead and then Matt Ryan to Tony Gonzalez on the final drive set up the field goal to win the game and give the greatest TE of all time a chance to win his first playoff game.

As I recall, Carroll blew the game by calling timeout on the missed FG attempt.

I haven't seen anyone talk about the NO-SF game in the 2011 Divisional round in a while, even though that game ended with a play that almost immediately got dubbed "The Catch III". I'll never forget that game, mainly because the Giants smacked the Packers that weekend and while we had a chance against the 49ers, the Saints would have wiped the floor with us in the NFC Championship if they advanced.

Vernon Davis's statline in the 2011 playoffs is unbelievable. 2 games, 10 catches, 292 yards, and 4 touchdowns. For 2 playoff games, he just caught bomb after bomb.

On 6/3/2024 at 3:37 PM, Steelersfan43 said:

The 2003 Panthers-Rams playoffs game is one of the best game ever that never gets talked about!...Mike Martz had also been too conservative at the end of regulation for some reason and a classic 2 OT after that!

Panther fans should bring this one up more....that game ending play by Steve Smith might be the most underrated in playoff history. Not a ton of walk off TDs like that to begin with, and after an entire OT period.....I think what says it all is that I was as devastated by that play as I was losing to the Patriots a few years before in the Super Bowl. And this was just a divisional round playoff game.