TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

44 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

43 white guys elected President in a row before Obama broke that streak.  They should rename the ******* award after him. 

And the dude that came after? ******* woof.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And the dude that came after? ******* woof.

Like it is kind of funny the media is having a furor about "is so and so young and vital enough to be president" when we lived through 4 years of one guy as president spending most days watching TV and tweeting about it.  It's not a real job!

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Like it is kind of funny the media is having a furor about "is so and so young and vital enough to be president" when we lived through 4 years of one guy as president spending most days watching TV and tweeting about it.  It's not a real job!

Diaper Don's gonna golf

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'm not fond of the trend of interviewing players while they are playing. I don't watch baseball but turned it on as I was channel surfing, they were interviewing the 3rd baseman while he was in the field for the entire half of the inning. 

Why is that OK? Allow the guys to the game and interview them after the game. 

One of the Astros players was having an interview during the game and completely messed up a routine play it looks like because of it.

https://x.com/awfulannouncing/status/1806841433279864964?t=ki02EF0-9E3nZ0EnuDZrFg&s=19

I don't mind when they interview a player when he is in the dugout.  A lot of times they will have the pitcher from the day before, or a star taking a game off on an interview.  But during play it seems like an unneeded distraction.  

15 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

FWIW, you know what pioneered the "interviewing players during the game" model that is now standard in all sports?

The XFL 1.0 (the one with "He Hate Me" in it).

Pretty sure if you are taking your ques from the XFL, you are not very bright. 

Posted (edited)

I mean, the XFL did not make money (I am not convinced spring football with lesser talent ever will) but it did innovate some things on the technical side that have been widely adopted, since as a variety of camera angles and having players mic'd up.

The dumb things the XFL1.0 did was stuff like "you can put anything on your jersey" and "signaling we hate people who kick the ball" and "instead of a coin-flip we're doing to have two guys get concussions" and just all the ways it tried to seem "EXTREME" but it wasn't all terrible.

The XFL was the first league, I believe, to do the thing "you can get extra points after a touchdown if you choose to make the conversion more difficult that will probably eventually be in the NFL (I believe in the XFL there was an option of a 3-point try after a touchdown from the 10 yardline.) 

Edited by PossibleCabbage

5 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, the XFL did not make money (I am not convinced spring football with lesser talent ever will) but it did innovate some things on the technical side that have been widely adopted, since as a variety of camera angles and having players mic'd up.

The dumb things the XFL1.0 did was stuff like "you can put anything on your jersey" and "signaling we hate people who kick the ball" and "instead of a coin-flip we're doing to have two guys get concussions" and just all the ways it tried to seem "EXTREME" but it wasn't all terrible.

The XFL was the first league, I believe, to do the thing "you can get extra points after a touchdown if you choose to make the conversion more difficult that will probably eventually be in the NFL (I believe in the XFL there was an option of a 3-point try after a touchdown from the 10 yardline.) 

The current UFL has no extra point.  You go for 1, 2, or 3 point conversions from I believe the 1, 2, and 10 yard line respectively.   I think it is interesting.  Not sure that I really like it though.  I do like the onside kick replacement.  4th and 15 from your own 30 (I think) to keep possession after scoring.  The kickoff is also fun, there are more returns, and the play resembles a WR screen more than anything else.  

Yeah, the XFL 2.0 and XFL 3.0 were more "football for sickos" than "EXXXTREME FOOSBALL."  Spring football is probably never going to be lucrative unless you get gambling money or NFL money involved, and the two values that the spring leagues can have for the NFL is "give the league a second look at players who washed out for whatever reason" and "be a test laboratory for new rules."

Like the 3-point shot wasn't a thing in the NBA until 1979 (1986 in NCAA BBall), but the rule was pioneered by the ABL (later ABA).  I imagine there will be a few things that the UFL or whatever spring football league will pioneer in terms of rules that will eventually be widely adopted.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Yeah, the XFL 2.0 and XFL 3.0 were more "football for sickos" than "EXXXTREME FOOSBALL."  Spring football is probably never going to be lucrative unless you get gambling money or NFL money involved, and the two values that the spring leagues can have for the NFL is "give the league a second look at players who washed out for whatever reason" and "be a test laboratory for new rules."

Like the 3-point shot wasn't a thing in the NBA until 1979 (1986 in NCAA BBall), but the rule was pioneered by the ABL (later ABA).  I imagine there will be a few things that the UFL or whatever spring football league will pioneer in terms of rules that will eventually be widely adopted.

Three point shot ruined basketball. Just like this bull**** will ruin football. 

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, the XFL, USFL, etc. are just time wasters.  It'd be the equivalent of saying stuff like the G-League or AAA baseball is legit money makers.  It fills a void.  It's not super profitable, but it serves a purpose.

• Like 1