TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

Aright folks. Original Content incoming.

I recently discovered I’m not the only one that thinks anyone that records a video of a fireworks show is a total moron. Ive heard that a few places now and it gives me hope for the generation behind me. Obviously recording something is done to be rewatched later. No one in history has ever had an IQ above 90 and recorded a fireworks show that they were witnessing in person. Fireworks are to be recorded by TV outlets and foreigners, only. Foreigners get a pass, no need to explain other than say they just don’t get the same cool stuff we get regularly. TV outlets are showing people that can’t see them in person. Otherwise it’s only dummies out there recording the fireworks to watch again later.

There is now officially an exception to that rule. If something goes wrong on a video of a fireworks show? You are gonna watch that video every 4th of July for the rest of your life. We’re talking a buddy goes Jason Pierre Paul, Roman candle fights, grass fires, mortars making it back to the ground before exploding. Etc. The Ring cam catching a van 9 months pregnant with fireworks exploding next to a family like it’s Ukraine. I love them all. Next year it’s phones out, make sure your recording the fireworks everyone. The closer you are to the fuse while recording, the better.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

. Fireworks are to be recorded by TV outlets and foreigners, only. Foreigners get a pass, no need to explain other than say they just don’t get the same cool stuff we get regularly. TV outlets are showing people that can’t see them in person. Otherwise it’s only dummies out there recording the fireworks to watch again later.

There is now officially an exception to that rule. If something goes wrong on a video of a fireworks show? You are gonna watch that video every 4th of July for the rest of your life. We’re talking a buddy goes Jason Pierre Paul, Roman candle fights, grass fires, mortars making it back to the ground before exploding. Etc. The Ring cam catching a van 9 months pregnant with fireworks exploding next to a family like it’s Ukraine. I love them all. Next year it’s phones out, make sure your recording the fireworks everyone. The closer you are to the fuse while recording, the better.

Are you under the impression people from outside of the US are not just as big if not bigger pyromaniacs?  I can say that we light it up over the 4th but there are parts of the world that do it bigger. I’ve seen some shows in Brazil and Japan that were pretty spectacular. I did not take a video, though. 

Edited by Refugee

8 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

I recently discovered I’m not the only one that thinks anyone that records a video of a fireworks show is a total moron. Ive heard that a few places now and it gives me hope for the generation behind me. Obviously recording something is done to be rewatched later. No one in history has ever had an IQ above 90 and recorded a fireworks show that they were witnessing in person. Fireworks are to be recorded by TV outlets and foreigners, only. Foreigners get a pass, no need to explain other than say they just don’t get the same cool stuff we get regularly. TV outlets are showing people that can’t see them in person. Otherwise it’s only dummies out there recording the fireworks to watch again later.

If you are watching your buddies in Florida set off mortars on the 4th, you are a moron if you DON'T record it.  At some point, something is definitely going wrong.  I still have a 1995(ish) video of a mortar being accidentally kicked over and creating a quite spectacular ground level display when the shell went off where all our cars were parked.

4 hours ago, Refugee said:

Are you under the impression people from outside of the US are not just as big if not bigger pyromaniacs?  I can say that we light it up over the 4th but there are parts of the world that do it bigger. I’ve seen some shows in Brazil and Japan that were pretty spectacular. I did not take a video, though. 

No, I’m saying there is a chance they haven’t had the American fireworks experience before, and want to actually show someone back home. A reason to record. Different cultures, etc. I have videos/picture from my vacations too.

Why did you go to Brazil and Japan? Ts and Anime? Just checking.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

No, I’m saying there is a chance they haven’t had the American fireworks experience before, and want to actually show someone back home. A reason to record. Different cultures, etc. I have videos/picture from my vacations too.

Why did you go to Brazil and Japan? Ts and Anime? Just checking.

I’ve lived in Brazil at a few points in my life, Japan strictly for travels but it has an ancient culture that goes a whole lot deeper than anime. Also, not sure what Ts is. 

8 minutes ago, Refugee said:

JPP, count to three. 

Yeah ole ninja turtle hand.

I agree Japan is awesome. Want to get there for the same reason. What’s the coolest thing you saw while there? If you say fireworks….

26 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Yeah ole ninja turtle hand.

I agree Japan is awesome. Want to get there for the same reason. What’s the coolest thing you saw while there? If you say fireworks….

For me, I loved old school samurai and ninja lore growing up so I loved the temples, castles and gardens near Kyoto. I also did some amazing hikes in a few national parks.  The hot springs and onsen culture is pretty awesome and you'll never have a bad meal.  Tokyo is it's own beast but you can see so many places once you understand the metro system.  I would recommend bullet training out of there to see more traditional parts but f you get out at Shinjuku station and walk around, you'll feel like you're living in a video game.

I actually just got back from there last week. The dollar is currently more favorable in exchange than it has been since the 80's and flights from the west coast are cheap. If you're thinking about going, this is a pretty good time.

I like to take a time lapse of fireworks.  Get like the last 30 seconds and it goes off in 3 seconds, it looks neat.  A slo-mo video is also pretty cool, the sparks fall really neat.  Guess I am a moron with a sub 90 IQ.

13 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

This didnt go where I thought you were headed.....
Saw a video yesterday (?) of some guy that (according to the written comment...) had put a lit firecracker in an Uncle Sam hat and was dancing around with it under the hat....until it blew a hole in his head and died - again, according to the written comment. Thank goodness they didnt post the guy's head getting blown apart.

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I like to take a time lapse of fireworks.  Get like the last 30 seconds and it goes off in 3 seconds, it looks neat.  A slo-mo video is also pretty cool, the sparks fall really neat.  Guess I am a moron with a sub 90 IQ.

Well, you are from Misery! 😁

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

There is now officially an exception to that rule. If something goes wrong on a video of a fireworks show? You are gonna watch that video every 4th of July for the rest of your life. 

incoming BYU hype video:

Edited by thrILL!
Mormon mixup