TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

46 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

With your schedule, you'll never have a better chance than this season.

It starts tonight.  They are supposed to be pretty good.  That said, they lost a lot of guys on defense, and we probably won't get to see if they have replaced them until a month or so from now.  I do expect to score a lot of points though.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It starts tonight.  They are supposed to be pretty good.  That said, they lost a lot of guys on defense, and we probably won't get to see if they have replaced them until a month or so from now.  I do expect to score a lot of points though.

The dad of one of my kid's classmates is a Vols fan.  He thinks Bama is finished now that Saban is gone and that we won't win 10 games this season.  I chalked it up to PTSD from losing 17 out of the last 18 games against us.  We do travel to Knoxville's garbage truck workers convention so they better get us this season bcuz DeBoer is doing big things...

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The dad of one of my kid's classmates is a Vols fan.  He thinks Bama is finished now that Saban is gone and that we won't win 10 games this season.  I chalked it up to PTSD from losing 17 out of the last 18 games against us.  We do travel to Knoxville's garbage truck workers convention so they better get us this season bcuz DeBoer is doing big things...

It isn't like he stopped recruiting before he retired.  Alabama has at least 3 seasons of horses even if the new coach is a bumbling idiot.

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Never got into punk myself.  I do like Snot, Sum41, and Vision of Disorder, but that is really pushing the label of "punk" pretty far.  

I'm guessing punk pretty much died out by the time you started getting into music. Nirvana started the grunge scene and that was pretty much the end of 'true,' punk rock. 

Plus, in an industry that has a higher rate of drug related mortalities, punk took it to another level. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm guessing punk pretty much died out by the time you started getting into music. Nirvana started the grunge scene and that was pretty much the end of 'true,' punk rock. 

Plus, in an industry that has a higher rate of drug related mortalities, punk took it to another level. 

But I have heard the Ramones, and the Sex Pistols, and the Clash, and the Dead Kennedys. I just don't like it.  

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

But I have heard the Ramones, and the Sex Pistols, and the Clash, and the Dead Kennedys. I just don't like it.  

The Sex Pistols are by far my least favorites out of the ones you mentioned. I'd rank them: The Clash, Ramones, Dead Kennedy's and Sex Pistols. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The Sex Pistols are by far my least favorites out of the ones you mentioned. I'd rank them: The Clash, Ramones, Dead Kennedy's and Sex Pistols. 

The Pistols only really had 1.5 albums worth of music. Nevermind the Bollocks and about half of The Great Rock and Roll Swindle. 

A lot of bands I like have come from the punk rock back ground. The good news is a lot of bands I loved in high school have started touring again now that they all got the itch during the covid shut down. I've seen a lot of great shows over the last two years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toddfather said:

A lot of bands I like have come from the punk rock back ground. The good news is a lot of bands I loved in high school have started touring again now that they all got the itch during the covid shut down. I've seen a lot of great shows over the last two years.

I will be in LA for the Rams game. NOFX having their last shows that weekend. I’m thinking about rocking out Saturday night and then going to the game but my oldness means I might need to pick one and it won’t be the show. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I will be in LA for the Rams game. NOFX having their last shows that weekend. I’m thinking about rocking out Saturday night and then going to the game but my oldness means I might need to pick one and it won’t be the show. 

Wise choice!