Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 28 - Week 15 Posted)

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Swingin' for fences over here.

Just so we're on the same page...

... you know that this is a sim and none of these guys are real, right?

Spoiler

They are real to me Bo Jangles

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

This is what I was waiting for? Kirby hands down still the best pick

Meh, I could win a Natty with a roster full of 5 stars too. I've done it!.. in the video game

4 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Also ineligible as he's never been a coach anywhere

3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Or, just the names listed in the OP of this thread. Nacho deemed them available, so I'm drafting from those names.

I'm way more lenient with coaches than players. So long as they've landed a job at a professional or collegiate level at some point and aren't dead or made it crystal clear they're done with coaching, I tend to allow it. That said, don't expect nobodies who would realistically never be hired by an NFL team to be good - in fact, expect them to be garbage.

I probably added Mike Vick by request when he landed the OC gig... I'm inclined to allow it, but to be crystal clear: there's way, way better options currently available. I give this information freely and I don't think it should come as any surprise.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm way more lenient with coaches than players. So long as they've landed a job at a professional or collegiate level at some point and aren't dead or made it crystal clear they're done with coaching, I tend to allow it. That said, don't expect nobodies who would realistically never be hired by an NFL team to be good - in fact, expect them to be garbage.

I probably added Mike Vick by request when he landed the OC gig... I'm inclined to allow it, but to be crystal clear: there's way, way better options currently available. I give this information freely and I don't think it should come as any surprise.

Great info, really. There's tons that we don't know about the exact impact of coaches in the sim, so it's not really known which coaches are better than others. Is an inactive "good" coach better than an active "bad" coach? Does the coach's impact decline over time? Is it directly tied to recent success? Lifetime success? Is the position that they improve "obvious", or is it something that we wouldn't necessarily be able to predict?